Nutty random ideas

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Nutty random ideas

Post by RazorclawX »

Last I tested this if you use Chaos on a Hero in a map it only changes the Hero's appearance and nothing else unless you save them to game cache and reload.

How about a campaign where you can acquire different outfits and you see what you're wearing.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
SantaBla
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Re: Nutty random ideas

Post by SantaBla »

I think you're a little too obsessed with outfits. I wouldn't want to replay a whole campaign just for them.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I was thinking about how limited War3 models are and how feasible it was to make a bunch of headless models and attaching heads through triggers. Kind of a weird idea, but if you ever saw that movie "Return to Oz" it's kind of like that one lady who changes heads. Of course, I'm not sure what use this would be since the real thing you want to do is limit the amount of headless bodies.
-- Razorclaw X
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

As a side idea, it can be interesting although it's obviously not really main content material except for maybe some minigames or some short quests related to them (ex : dress to impress some beauty judges or to masquerade throught various ideas as "someone else").

The truly good thing is it opens up some unique opportunities related to clothing that doesn't make that much point without such custom models.
Last edited by Ricky_Honejasi on Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larc
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Post by Larc »

It's a good idea, this adds also "replayability value" to the campaign. (for who have the patience of finding them all)
Taeradun
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by Taeradun »

I don't really know anything about Warcraft III lol so I don't know what you mean by that chaos stuff, but aside from having acquirable armour upgrades that change your appearance (like in Diablo II) you could also have something where you need to change your disguise to sneak into various enemy bases or restricted areas, or do some weird Terminator 2 or Mystique from X-Men thing or something.

...Is this relevant at all or did I not understand what you're talking about?
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Well, no, that more or less is the idea. Although I didn't think of the Master of DIsguise thing.

There was a spell in Crystalis where you could change your appearance to disguise yourself, I guess not many games do stuff like that.
-- Razorclaw X
Inuyasha7
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig

Post by Inuyasha7 »

Admitibly i'm gonna replay sorceria just too check out hikaru kurumi and shizukas other outfits and classes