WoW Transmogrification

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

WoW Transmogrification

Post by RazorclawX »

Patch 4.3 added the option to customize gear appearance. While it is still somewhat limited, I went nuts with it and came up with stuff I'm happy with. Two of my characters:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: WoW Transmogrification

Post by Lavarinth »

What's it do?
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Dread
Terran Command Center Custodian

Post by Dread »

It lets you use the model for just about any gear, on any gear. Basically, I could be wearing the newest piece of Priest gear, while having it look like age-old vanilla Tier 1, or whatever else I want. Sort of a perk for farming old content, or for people who gave up 99.9% of their bank space for old gear. So for example, the "Shoulders of Awesome Dragon Slaying 2011", with amazing stats, could be made to look like, "Old Vanilla Shoulders of Molten Core", and would be identified in-game and on the website as, "transmogrified".

RCX, I like the hunter, it's incredibly unique! The warlock is neat too; sort of reminds me of that one antagonist in the Wrath Gate video.

I'll post mine in a couple. Mine aren't actual sets, but pieced together from various locales or professions.

As promised:

Healing never looked so cool.
"Healing through Rose-Coloured Glasses"

Went for a creepier more organic feeling to it, and eyeless seemed to work.
"DPS is Blind"
- - - Dread
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Oh yes, yes, I recall this now. I wonder- can you do it class specific items?
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Man, I had a lot of shit this might have been useful for. Memory recalls that it's for type-specifics and doesn't work with legendaries, though. Does it eat the item you use for appearance cloning?
Dread

Post by Dread »

Lavarinth wrote:Oh yes, yes, I recall this now. I wonder- can you do it class specific items?
You have to have been able to equip the item- the transmogrification has to use items that are soul bound to you. I haven't actually tried transmogrifying something branded, "Class: Mage, etc...", on my Priest, but my sneaking suspicion is that it won't work. I haven't seen people doing that; although, there are a lot of recolored or tooled sets that match class-specific stuff.

I'll try doing it later, but yea.
IskatuMesk wrote:Man, I had a lot of shit this might have been useful for. Memory recalls that it's for type-specifics and doesn't work with legendaries, though. Does it eat the item you use for appearance cloning?
It's type-specific, right, so one-hand mace to one-hand mace, dagger to dagger; although, the one exception seems to be ranged weapons. Bows, guns, and whatever are interchangeable for appearance; at least that's what I've been told. I don't believe a legendary item can be used to transmogrify. The item that you use for appearance cloning isn't consumed; the new interface for transmogrification is basically a character screen on an NPC, you drop the item in an appropriate slot, and then press the transmogrification button. Afterward you can do anything you want with the item. Considering how much item swapping people are doing now with new dungeons and raids, it would have been really irritating if transmogrification consumed the item. Then again, I also wouldn't have put it past Blizzard. :)
- - - Dread
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

There's also an annoyance that you can only transmog Main Hand weapons with a Main Hand weapon, an Off Hand weapon with an Off Hand weapon. Then One Handed weapons have something weird going on with them with Main Hand or Off Hand weapons that I haven't quite figured out.

Maces in particular seem to have this particularly bad.
Lavarinth wrote:Oh yes, yes, I recall this now. I wonder- can you do it class specific items?
Only if you are the class that can equip it.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future