I need help with variables

LordElmo5280
Terran Barracks Laundry Master

I need help with variables

Post by LordElmo5280 »

I'm new to map editor and I no that variables are important to all map making but I Basically have no idea what variables are, i know how to make them but i dont get what their used for so if somebody can teach me what variables are used for and what they are that would be awsome
Last edited by LordElmo5280 on Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Re: I need help with variables

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

I am currently making various wc3 tutorials for newbies lately which I intend to release in a structured manner eventually.

They are still NOT officially released although I will be nice to upload the two tutorials I made related to variables. They give concrete examples how they work and how it is done.

However, those I made only cover the variables integer, string, real, unit, item and player but they cover the basic fundamental knowledge of variables and thus it should be much easier to understand the rest of the variables yourself. These specific tutorials expect that you already know how the events/conditions/actions works.

The tutorial maps are intended to be played first and then opened in the editor to see how it produced the results along with many comments for explanation proposes.

Here's the link :
http://hosted.samods.org/replays/other/ ... -1_3-2.zip

EDIT :
For clarification proposes, when it asks you to type text (ex : -rolldice), it means, pressing the enter key,  typing the same text as a chat message and then repress the enter key like if you wanted to send a chat message to someone in a multiplayer game.
Last edited by Ricky_Honejasi on Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordElmo5280

Re: I need help with variables

Post by LordElmo5280 »

cool, thanks this helps alot if i have any questions ill just post it here  ;)