Im makin a tag map but i have many questions plz answer them and ill give credit

LordElmo5280
Terran Barracks Laundry Master

Re: Im makin a tag map but i have many questions plz answer them and ill give credit

Post by LordElmo5280 »

Theres something strange going on with my map.  You know how before the game starts while you wait for the game to fill up theres a picture of the map and map description and everything.  But for some reason instead of showing the map it shows a picture of the game sheep tag rots.  I didn't even put the picture there. 

This is everything that i did involving with sheep tag rots if it helps at all:
1)  I opened the map, trying to figure out how to do the reviving trigger since i know rots has 8 different unit types like my map.  But the triggers had alot of confusing variables so i didn't use it.
2)  I played the game yesterday at 1:00am and now today i have the problem

also when i try to save the map as a differnet name, Critter Tag v13.37 and put it in the wc folder and everything the title will only show as Critter Tag, no matter what name i put in.
tipereth
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Re: Im makin a tag map but i have many questions plz answer them and ill give cr

Post by tipereth »

Are you changing the Scenario display name as well?
LordElmo5280

Re: Im makin a tag map but i have many questions plz answer them and ill give credit

Post by LordElmo5280 »

oh nvm about the name i was just being dumb, i was changing the name in the loading screen, not the map description.  But the picture of sheep tag rots still shows up for some reason.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Re: Im makin a tag map but i have many questions plz answer them and ill give cr

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

LordElmo5280 wrote: oh nvm about the name i was just being dumb, i was changing the name in the loading screen, not the map description.  But the picture of sheep tag rots still shows up for some reason.
Probably because some of the imported files does that. It's possible to replace a map's loading screen that way.
LordElmo5280

Post by LordElmo5280 »

i'm basically done with my map now and this will hopefully be my last question:
How do I Customize a passive skill using triggers?  I was able to figure out the Event trigger:

Event: Unit - A unit Learns a skill

The condition i have trouble with.  How do i make it so that it names a specific skill?  Like "If ability being learned is equal to Animate Dead = True
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

I am not sure what you mean by "customizing" a passive skill since it could be anything.

However, if you want to detect a learned hero skill, it is just a little tricky to find it initially :

Event : Unit - A unit Learns a skill
Condition : (Hero Skill Comparaison) : (Learned skill) equals to (Animate Dead)
Action : Whatever you want although the good reference to the learning unit is "Event Response - Learning Hero"

NOTE : This ONLY works for the propose of hero learning a hero skill via the red + button. That WON'T be triggered if the unit in question gains a skill via a research or given by a trigger.

NOTE 2 : To know the current level of the learned skill (ex : to know if it's Animate Dead Lv2) , it's "Unit - Level of Ability" of "Event Response - Learning Hero" to get the level number (as an integer).
Last edited by Ricky_Honejasi on Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.