Im makin a tag map but i have many questions plz answer them and ill give credit

LordElmo5280
Terran Barracks Laundry Master

Re: Im makin a tag map but i have many questions plz answer them and ill give credit

Post by LordElmo5280 »

you said to do remove player1capture from player1, i'm not sure if this is what you meant:
Action:  Unit Group - Remove all units from Player1captured from Player1
if this is what you meant then it doesn't work.

And you also said to do the condition Boolean:  Player1 controls at least 1 unit in region001 equal to true, but i don't think its boolean, in boolean it says:
((Triggering Unit) is A structure) Equal to True
it doesn't allow me to input the trigger code that you told me.
Last edited by LordElmo5280 on Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tipereth
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Re: Im makin a tag map but i have many questions plz answer them and ill give cr

Post by tipereth »

The first one should work as long as you put it in before the 'kill all units in player1'

For the second, try using an integer comparison instead, I guess.
LordElmo5280

Re: Im makin a tag map but i have many questions plz answer them and ill give credit

Post by LordElmo5280 »

Well you helped me fix my first problem, the one where my critters kept dying but the interger camparison trigger didn't work the closest i could get to what you said was:
Number of units captured in Player1Captured Equal to 1
tipereth

Re: Im makin a tag map but i have many questions plz answer them and ill give cr

Post by tipereth »

I can't give you the exact code, but you need to make a condition wheresuch the trigger will make sure that player 1 owns at least one unit in the region before executing the trigger.
LordElmo5280

Post by LordElmo5280 »

which region?  The region that the chicken is supposed to revive at (region 000)?  or the region where the chicken(captured) is supposed to spawn when the chicken dies(region 001
LordElmo5280

Post by LordElmo5280 »

how would i make it so that bloodlust adds atk speed and atk damage instead of atk speed and movement speed?
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

LordElmo5280 wrote: how would i make it so that bloodlust adds atk speed and atk damage instead of atk speed and movement speed?
Can't directly since bloodlust only modify the attack speed and movement speed.

If auto-cast isn't an issue, you could use a reversed Cripple with negative values since Cripple modifies attack speed and attack damage plus movement speed as a bonus. Since Cripple normally reduces speed (ex : 0.60) , a negative value (ex : -0.60) will make it go faster instead.

Note that you will have to enable negative values in your Editor's preferences to be able to set negative values.

Some other possibilities (with trigger support) :

1) Base a spell on "Fairie Fire", give it the % damage bonus you normally wish then make a trigger to detect when that specific spell is used to add an item-like ability that gives the wanted attack speed bonus (based on the ability on the Gloves of Haste item) on the target.

Also add the target in some unit group variable to remember which units were affected by the spell. Then make yet another trigger that checks every 1 sec if each picked unit of the unit group variable still got the buff and if not, remove its item-like gloves of haste ability on it and remove it from the unit group variable.

2) Similar to #1 with a spell based on "Fairie Fire" but with a created "hidden" unit that casts a spell based on "Bloodlust" on the same target to give the attack speed boost part as well. Basically your hidden unit will require the ability "Locust" to prevent it to be selected AND no model (not seen + no death sound).

Oh yeah, remember to use the action "Unit - Add Expiration Timer" after creating such hidden unit so it dies itself after some time and to avoid to have  many of them lying around and doing nothing.
Last edited by Ricky_Honejasi on Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordElmo5280

Post by LordElmo5280 »

When you pick up a gold coin you get 250 gold, but i want you to get only 5 gold how would i do that?
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

LordElmo5280 wrote: When you pick up a gold coin you get 250 gold, but i want you to get only 5 gold how would i do that?
A gold coin is a item similar to the stat books in which you pick up and they automatically used. Basically just edit the gold coin item's ability to whatever amount you want.
LordElmo5280

Post by LordElmo5280 »

is there a way to autocast a spell you wouldn't normally beable to autocast?
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Nope. If you need auto-cast features, you often need to use trigger support to cast the real spell (basically the #2 I explained in my earlier post) with a dummy auto-cast spell.
LordElmo5280

Post by LordElmo5280 »

alright thanks
LordElmo5280

Post by LordElmo5280 »

Im now trying to create a trigger so that when you build a structure (money farm) you gain 1 gold per secound.  I was able to make the trigger but I can't figure out how to stop the trigger from giving you gold when the structure dies.  So far i have:
Event:
Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
Condition: None
Action:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Money farm) and do (Player - Add 1 to (Owner of (Picked unit)) Current gold)
tipereth

Post by tipereth »

Can't you just use 'Add player property' and for the number use 'Count living (Money Farm) owned by player' ?
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Dead units (and possibly dead buildings) are still counted until their "corpse" is fully expired. However, I believe most buildings don't leave "corpses" (or if they do leave,  they just a really high decaying one).

Although there is a condition to check if a unit/building is alive or not.