Im makin a tag map but i have many questions plz answer them and ill give credit

tipereth
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Re: Im makin a tag map but i have many questions plz answer them and ill give cr

Post by tipereth »

tipereth wrote: You can however just modify endurance aura to affect only enemies, and give a negative speed bonus.
LordElmo5280
Terran Barracks Laundry Master

Re: Im makin a tag map but i have many questions plz answer them and ill give credit

Post by LordElmo5280 »

How do make it so that you gain a specific amount of xp from destroying a structure?
Last edited by LordElmo5280 on Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Re: Im makin a tag map but i have many questions plz answer them and ill give cr

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

LordElmo5280 wrote: How do make it so that you gain a specific amount of xp from destroying a structure?
I believe this one is rather basic in terms of trigger but anyway :

Event - Unit dies.
Condition - Boolean Comparaison - (Dying Unit) is a (structure)
Action - Hero - Gives (Number) Exp to (Killing Unit)

This is presuming that a hero makes the building kill, otherwise it becomes a matter of using the unit group actions to distribute the exp.
LordElmo5280

Re: Im makin a tag map but i have many questions plz answer them and ill give credit

Post by LordElmo5280 »

Alright thanks this is my first map so i don't know much  ???
LordElmo5280

Post by LordElmo5280 »

do variables make unit groups?  If so hhow would i do that?  Because it says "Unit Group variable"
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

That question can be very confusing (especially if I consider how confused you might be in the first place about the Trigger Editor) ... are you asking how to make a unit group variable?

In addition, where does it says "Unit Group variable"? You need to be clearer at times.
LordElmo5280

Post by LordElmo5280 »

yeah I wanna know how to make a unit group variable and it says "unit group variable"  in the trigger editor.  For example when I try to do Unit Group - Remove Unit Group it says "This removes all units of a unit group from a unit group variable.  This does not affect the units themselves."

(i'm trying to make it so when you die u lose all of ur buildings")
Last edited by LordElmo5280 on Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

If you know how to make a variable in general, it's just a matter of selecting "Unit Group" as your variable type.

Otherwise if you don't know how to make any variable (which wasn't clear in the tutorials I sent after checking more carefully) ...

*Made a copy/paste of additional info I written in the newer versions of those tutorial maps*

#1) Access by the interface (from the Trigger Editor)
Either :
1) Click the yellow X button on your icon bar just under the Trigger Editor's menu
2) Go to the Trigger Editor's menu "Edit" and then the submenu "Variables ..."
3) Press that menu's shortcut keys : Ctrl + B (hold the Ctrl key and press the B key) while on the Trigger Editor

#2) Access via the variable action
Make either a real or dummy action "Set Variable" in a trigger, click the red "Variable" text after selecting it, a new window pops up and then click the "Edit Variables" button.
LordElmo5280

Post by LordElmo5280 »

I'm trying to make it so when a specific unit dies everything belonging to that player dies also.  Like in sheep tag when you die all your farms gets removed, i'm trying to figure that out. 

So i made a variable containing:
"Set Player1 = (Units owned by Player 1 (Red)) then I did this in a different trigger:

Event - "Unit - Chicken 0001 dies    Note: (chicken is player 1)
Conditions - None
Actions - Unit Group - Pick every unit in Player1 and do (units - Kill (Picked unit))

But it doesn't work what did i do wrong?
tipereth

Post by tipereth »

Add the 'Set Player1 = (Units owned by Player 1 (Red))' as the first action in the trigger you're trying to write. The unit group only contains whatever units are in it when it is defined, so if you set it at the start of the map, it probably only contains the starting unit.
Last edited by tipereth on Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
LordElmo5280

Post by LordElmo5280 »

woot finally been tyring to figure it out for a while thx  :D
LordElmo5280

Post by LordElmo5280 »

How would i make it so that a gloves of speed gives a specific amount of atk speed.  It will only allow me to set it to - Item Attack speed Bonus (Gloves of Haste) and Item Attack Speed Bonus (Greater).  But i want the atk speed to be set at 25% ias exactly
tipereth

Post by tipereth »

So modify one of those abilities to give 25% increased attack speed.
LordElmo5280

Post by LordElmo5280 »

This may be alittle confusing, i tried to make it as clear as possible:
In my map I have many different units as the runner but i'll just ask you to help me with the chicken(red).  First off I made it so that when you die you respawn as another unit - chicken(captured) at region 001.  So what i'm trying to do is, I wanna make a trigger that when a unit enters region 000 the chicken(captured) dies but at the same time I want it to revive the unit you began with which is the chicken, at region 000.  This is what i did:

This is the trigger that I made where the chicken dies - Note this trigger DOES work I just wanna know if I did the variable right:
Event:  Unit - Chicken 001 Dies
Conditions:  None
Actions: 
Unit - Create 1 Chicken (captured) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 001 ) facing Default building facing degrees.
VARIABLE Set Player1captured = (Units in Region 001 owned by Player1 (Red))
VARIABLE Set Player1 = (Units owned by Player 1 (Red))
Unit Group - Pick every unit in Player1 and do (Unit - Kill (Picked unit))

Now this is the trigger I have trouble with:
Event: A unit enters region 000
Conditions:  None
Actions:
Units Group:  Pick every unit in Player1captured and do (Unit - Kill (Picked Unit))
Unit:  Create 1 Chicken for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 000 ) facing (Position of (Triggering Unit))

When I tested the map I started killing my allies with one of my towers and I noticed that the first person I killed respawned at region 001 but the rest of the ones I killed after that respawned at region 001 and died instantly so thats another problem i'm having.  I then moved to region 000 to activate my saving trigger but when I entered the region a million of the runners spawned at the same time in region 000.
Last edited by LordElmo5280 on Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tipereth

Post by tipereth »

Well, for starters, your trigger includes the captured unit in the 'Player1' group, which is why it's dying. You could add a line that said 'remove Player1captured from Player1'.

Add a condition along the lines of 'Boolean: Player1 controls at least 1 unit in region001 equal to true.' That should solve the other problem.