Loladins of Legend

Arcan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Re: Loladins of Legend

Post by Arcan »

The Zepp's ult is every 11 levels instead of every 6 as it was before or whatever, right?
[imgwh 275x155]http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp171/omgarcan/5c1e32e9bc2242cca51e957475e529825a4.gif[/imgwh]
Zilla-
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Post by Zilla- »

I still think napalm should hit allies.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

New graphics are also coming in quite steadily now that I can use the new mdlvis which dramatically shortens converting times.

Unfortunately, while it does convert particles, wc3 handles particles in a very weird way and most of them aren't working like they should. (Anathema's particles are going in both directions and I'd need to know how to use freaking max to fix that.)

Jesus christ I can't type anymore. (In reference to the screenshot)

LOL 42 POSTS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
tipereth
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Post by tipereth »

Arcan, it should start at 11, yes. Zilla, Napalm Trail is now enemy-damaing only. However, the level 23 ability damages both allies and enemies.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

ok so like don't have any units with an aoe heal/mana with 0.00 cooldown, even if it's tiny like 15 health/mana because crazy shit like this happens.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/9950 ... 502ov5.jpg
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/9074 ... 407vl3.jpg
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/3794 ... 710lu2.jpg
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/9382 ... 418cv9.jpg
Arcan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Arcan »

So Mesk, are you just going to replace every model from something in WoW?  :P
[imgwh 275x155]http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp171/omgarcan/5c1e32e9bc2242cca51e957475e529825a4.gif[/imgwh]
Mr.
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Mr. »

If he did, it would look much better than a map with all WC3 models.  And they're a pretty safe bet, because they seem to fit into the WC3 (and LoL) style.

EDIT:  Also, lolinspiringsymphony
Paging Dr. @Lavarinth
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Arcan wrote: So Mesk, are you just going to replace every model from something in WoW?  :P
Either WoW or entirely custom models for all things applicable. Wc3 looks like the first 3d game ever made, it seriously needs to be upgraded, and I am doing just that.

Since Blizzard supports using WoW models in wc3 I intend to replace virtually everything I can with something suitable from WoW. LoL is currently the largest "archive" of converted WoW models in existence, and surely the best handled in conversions (the ones at wc3c are all fucked up and have incorrect anims and they dick with the textures ect).
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
tipereth

Post by tipereth »

Gold added, repcik functionality added, new SEXY HERO ADDED. OMFG.
Arcan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Arcan »

yap

also messaged mesk with changes i found
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Okay, we're progressing quite well now.

I'm buffing several Evil divisions since just 3 loladin divisions can seriously screw almost completely max evil, Akredian in particular is getting a significant damage-related buff. Ravagers in particular are restored to their former glory with a few new tricks in their bonet.

It is likely when I enable the Giga Pony I will also do the control center triggers. To quickly recap, there's 2 control centers in the map. Evil players have noticed the presence of the non-functional Space Defense Center. Well, there's also going to be a Doack Control Center, under control of the Loladins. These will be able to be captured by standing on the beacons in their areas for 20 seconds.

The number of control centers controlled by a team directly effects their Epic spawns, once enabled. Let's take for example the Akredian Colossus. If this spawn is enabled for the Evil side and they still control their space defense center, 1 colossus will spawn per wave. If they jack the Doack Control Center, 2 colossi will spawn - and no epic units for the Loladins. However, if the evil side lose control of both centers, they will have no spawns. If they control the Doack center but not the Space center, they will still get 1 colossus.

The defenses present around the centers are light, only meant to deter opponents early in the game. Tougher opponents will find no difficulty in attacking the centers, so it will be up to the team to defend it should it come under attack. Shafts of Backdooring can target control centers under your team's control.

This is planned to be added by next SS.
Mr.

Post by Mr. »

Excellent.

Also, to Tipereth, you were asking about your Void Stalker hero after we played, and I didn't get a chance to say much.  So...

Essentially, I couldn't quite figure out what his role is.  He has wind walk, with 100 backstab damage, he has an ability to increase his attack speed (while decreasing what seems to be an already low attack damage, but that's another matter), and an ability to slow and crit dudes.  So with those abilities, it seems that he would be good at chasing heroes down.  And I did manage to do this several times, but only when they were nearly dead from being shot by Mesk or wibod's strength heroes.  Even then, I was barely able to catch up to them, mostly because I was able to walk through creeps that they had to walk around.

Times like that, though were the only times that I really had opportunities to use WW effectively against heroes, because they were running away already, they were seperated from their creeps, so I was unopposed.  If that's how you intended him to be used, then he does work well.  However, aside from those few times, he didn't fare very well.  If I wanted to shoot any hero that wasn't already nearly dead, he would likely be standing in the middle of a gigantic creep wave, and as soon as I make myself visible, I would lost almost half of my health.  Against a creep wave, my dude didn't do that much damage, and even then, it was usually negated by the healing.  So really, the best use I found for him was to WW to the back of a creep wave, take out a priest (I get him to a little above 1/2 health with the backstab damage, and it takes 2-4 hits to finish him off, depending on how much healing he gets), then WW away again, and take out another priest.  And yes, I am getting shot by lots of dudes while I'm doing this, but I would be getting shot by lots of dudes if I was in the front lines. 

To be honest, I really don't remember what his other skill was, either.

So, I really wasn't sure entirely what you were going for with that hero.  I probably wasn't playing him right.  Depending on what you want him to do, I think that giving him a small speed boost with wind walk would be helpful, as well as possibly scaling the backstab damage up per level.  And his base damage was really low compared to the strength heroes that were also in the game, it seemed to be around half.  Yes, he does have much better attack speed, and he does have an ability to make attack speed even better, but reducing his damage at the same time.  Granted, this works well with his ultimate, but until he gets to level 21, he's not very effective at much of anything, at least the way that I was playing him.  If I'm playing him wrong, please tell me, I'll pick him again next time we play LoL, and see if I can do better with him.  I also get the feeling that I'm not quite in the proper mentality for LoL, because the gameplay is very different from what I'm used to (loldota).

Anyway, those are just my thoughts, do with them what you will.
Paging Dr. @Lavarinth
tipereth

Post by tipereth »

Bear in mind, he has a 400 mana burn at level 7. At level 11 he now gets the passive 200 healing thing. I'm considering giving him a passive cleave effect that he has from level 1, especially if it synergizes with his ult. Also comtemplating giving him a large base hp regen. He's meant to be fragile, though, not as much as the Walker, so I'll buff his str a bit. Also, Wind walk has no mana cost and almost no cooldown at level 4, so bear that in mind.

The Void Stalker is meant to be the single-target counterpart to the AoEfest that is the Void Walker. (And the tank-fest that will be the Void Talker once I implement him) The low base damage is the result of him having basically the highest attack speed on any hero. And he suffered hugely from not having the first level of his ult working, as the healing generated by that is immense. Luckily for you, more int heros are on the horizon, which is where the Stalker will shine. (at killing)

On other points, the Zeppelin is basically meant to be an agi-killer, and agility heros on a whole really suffer up until level 11. Mesk's hero was really really powerful, I have no idea what he does but he hurt alot. I don't remember who wibod was. Arcan was basically functional. Zepplin will be severly toned down next SS, with a warstomp-based ult. Failsafe will find a new home, likely in inanity mode.

EDIT: He's also getting a BIG static move speed boost.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

My hero was a agi-based str killer, the Isadorian Warlord. His ultimate is an expensive mana-per-hit overpower that adds a fair chunk of damage. Most of my damage came from kiting slow heroes like arcan around and then using my ultimate to get a few good hits in. He also has a stun and a parry that blocks a bit of damage from 30% of attacks.

Unless tip ever hit me with his ram he was at a severe disadvantage against my hero. Harder battles came from str heroes with some way to counter my constant kiting. Arcan would use DXM to remove my slowing dot and go back into melee sometimes, while the Battlemaster had slam.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arcan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Arcan »

Speaking of which, after speaking to Mucky about it being balanced or not, it'd be awfully swell if the movement speed penalty was removed from DXM. No matter what the level of the skill, I'm effectively rooted in place and invulnerable for 5 seconds which isn't as useful as expected. Make the attack speed penalty higher, and remove the movement speed penalty. It's not like X's skills give him any damage dealing capability besides his auto-attack. The effect duration could be changed to 1/2/3/4 (lower than what it was, I believe) and attack speed reduction a static 60-70% throughout all levels.

Also, Bill, your hero's 400 mana burn was painfully devastating. The only reason I could stand a chance against you was because I was a melee hero with "crit".

Mesk, where will the command center things be (regarding the plans for the next SS)? Also, just throw in a +6 agi and a +6 int item so players specced as such can bolster their damage as well as strength heroes can right now (since it's a sort of an "imbalance" in the game currently).
Last edited by Arcan on Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.