Loladins of Legend

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Loladins of Legend

Post by IskatuMesk »

I always take my screenshots as I'm playing.

Tip > give me a ring on aim and I'll send you the map. I got Dark Crusade so I'll be taking a bit of a break from LoL for a day or two.
Arcan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Arcan »

tipereth wrote: Also, next SS, Underwater Flying Car will ONLY be able to carry one unit at a time.
That's good. I believe I wrote that it should only be able to do so when Mucky and I wrote up the character design thing. :)
[imgwh 275x155]http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp171/omgarcan/5c1e32e9bc2242cca51e957475e529825a4.gif[/imgwh]
Mr.
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Mr. »

Doctor Doack wrote: I always take my screenshots as I'm playing.
I do lots of times, but I'm usually thinking more about playing, than about taking good screenshots.  So I like being able to go back through the replay, and take my time, slowing things down, and pausing it, to get a screenshot that looks nice rather than "Oh pines I want to get a screenshot of that!  Print screen!  Print screen!  Ah crap, it's too late."

Also, doacks.
Paging Dr. @Lavarinth
tipereth
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Post by tipereth »

The Void Talker's Replacement for Singularity will be an ability that passively does moderate damage to enemies when you come in range of them, and then additional damage over time.

Also, the Zepplin finally has a real ultimate. (not Failsafe)
Last edited by tipereth on Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zilla-
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Post by Zilla- »

Can you kill allies with it?
tipereth

Post by tipereth »

No. It basically lets you have full control of your movement, while keepeing the damaging effects of ram, for a short period of time.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

The Emperor and other things will probably not be in by this SS due to the complexity of their skills (I imagine tip will kill himself when I tell him what the ult does... across a page.)
tipereth

Post by tipereth »

Skeram's skills are 25% done. People are gonna love the summoning ones, Mucky especially.

UPDATE: All Slot 1 and 2 skills complete. Initial award mechanic triggering is complete.
Last edited by tipereth on Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.

Post by Mr. »

Doctor Doack
CC Staff

Pie: 8
[Give]

(lol)
Paging Dr. @Lavarinth
tipereth

Post by tipereth »

Skerams mechanics: Every 20 units killed while praying or 10 units killed in one prayer session grants you a favor award. Everyone gets a message letting them know, because it brings fear.

Pre level 11, you have a 1/3 chance to get a skill point for each slot. If you get a point in a slot that is already maxxed out, you get 3 bonus points to all stats.

Post level 11, you have a 1/4 chance for each slot, and once again, repeats yield 3 points to all stats.

Once you have all your skills, you basically just get bonus stat points alot, until you hit 25, which is when you start getting crazy awards, like, summons, random teleports, divine shields, ect. Note that if you hit 25 without all your skills maxxed the new awards will not trigger until your skills are maxxed.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Okay, since I took a nice long break and tip couldn't get the map back to me for a while there isn't as much new from last week. However...

There is a major fix that fixes all of the creep divisions from last week, things like 1 spider, 1 molestinator, 1 priest at level 10 are all fixed.

Cannon Garrisons now produce a combat aura and will become tougher as the game progresses.

The Chaosmeld division is in. This division was altered considerably from the 1.5 ruleset.

The Black Drake epic is now the Chaos Drake. The Chaos Drake is the strongest Evil-side Epic. It requires 3 level 10 divisions to summon. The Chaosmeld level 10 is now the Black Dragonling. The best thing to note about these units is that they have flyer collision, meaning they can fly over tanking units to engage the enemy. The Chaos Drake has a customized graphic that will be sure to awe and inspire.

The Doom Prophet will not be ready for this SS, nor the Spider Lord or any of the others. I did fix a lot of the cooldowns and things on things like Shadow Path. Not sure what else tip did. I have a new idea for yet another Evil hero that shall prove to be unique as he has an evolving system.

I fixed the Tavern Division and it has been tested along with the Giga Pony.

Some minor stat things on the Gatekeeper, the Warlord, and some other heroes. The Boatmaster doesn't get as much strength.

With luck CC's FTP will let me host the new exe on it tonight.
Arcan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Arcan »

Chaos Warden
totally balanced
taking on 2 heroes and never having to leave lane as long he's not an utter retard on how to play
yep
also, power strike on 6 second cooldown will not balance him
[imgwh 275x155]http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp171/omgarcan/5c1e32e9bc2242cca51e957475e529825a4.gif[/imgwh]
tipereth

Post by tipereth »

His regen is being nerfed. Also, HKS is a whiny bitch.
tipereth

Post by tipereth »

To clarify on the issue of balance:

When I make a hero, I try to make it somewhat almost useful lategame, when all the creeps have upwards of 700 hp. The problem is, NOTHING scales. There are maybe 5 abilities in the map that I know of that are as good at 40 as they are at 25. Let's look at the Walker as an example. The problem with him was that he could potentially do 3000 AoE damage in a very short period of time. Okay, that's rediculous. Overload was nerfed, and, oh wait! Now the walker is fucking useless. Grats guys. (the new walker will be able to do MAX 1000 damage with normal Release, Overload will revert to it's original form (and damage) and get a longer cooldown.)

Gatekeeper, Jordan, Shira, ect. These heros are bugged, not overpowered. Using them after being told not to just makes you a cockfag.

Void Talker. Seriously. Okay, so stun times are too long, so they get nerfed. Okay, immolate sucks, it was buffed. OMFGNERFWTFQQIMO. This is what is going to happen. Crush is going to have a THIRTY SECOND COOLDOWN. The stun will be 1/2/3/4. It will now deal a heavy amount of damage (as opposed to like 60 at level 4). Bash will have a 1/1.5/2/2.5 stun. It will still deal a heavy amount of damage. The hero will have his int reduced greatly. And guess what, he'll still be just as strong as he was before (in the hands of someone not as retarded as hks), because his mechanics make him an easy hero to play. I had far less kills than any of you guys that last game (7 to mucky's 16, 3 of which were me). To sat that I always pick the most overpowered hero ever is kind of stupid, because, being the person making the heros, I KNOW which ones are overpowered. If I used a nerfed Sprintmaster or Jordan(assuming his ult wasn't bugged), the game would be over.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Okay, that's enough childish name calling gentlemen. As far as balance is concerned I and I alone will have the final say on all things because they must adhere to my system. Also right now I am more in believing of HKS' opinions on balance since I have known him for a good six years and have come to know his opinions as quite reliable. I will be doing the following changes...

The Warden's HP regen at 0.01% is obviously still too strong. I'll be switching it back to a hard value at level 4, probably ~14 hp/sec. Power strike will have a 15 sec cooldown and cost more mana. Atrophy will last slightly less.

Shira - Mana shield was temporary and was intended for a combat mage (the psionicist) with a melee attack. I will remove it and fix her ult's cooldown/cost.

Gatekeeper - I'll simply lower the values on Warm Winds and fix the ult's dummy. As for creeps running away from it... I'll never know why. Nothing I can simply fix.

Jordan... I have an alternate solution to his aura effecting allies I'll impliment sometime soon. His ult will work the same way it does now (or is intended to), but it won't effect creeps or other players.

The talker. As far as taking on multiple heroes alone is concerned, it will never do this and I won't allow it. It isn't as stupid as the walker was, what with nuking entire creep waves in a single shot, but tip's changes will balance it out enough for now. The walker's explosion should be made dependant on his int (damage per charge = 0.4/0.6/0.8/1 of his int).

As for picking overpowered heroes, I can still own anyone with a gimped hero like Ophelia because I know the mechanics of the map and most people are still adjusting. People say the zep is overpowered, and he's tip's hero, but when tip plays him, I absolutely destroy him. This is a considerable learning curve involved in this, like in dota. No one but me right now is qualified to say if a hero is useless or is overpowered.

Since I said I would be posting my general guideline for hero creation and a bit of information on my balancing system, this is how it works.

Virtually no hero should start with an attack speed under 2.1. (Unless they are special agi heroes with low base damages.)

The max number of attributes per level should average around 6. There may be special exceptions but not many.

No stun length should be over 5 seconds for an ultimate unless considered epic (boss-type or synergy-type)

No standard ability will exceed 400 close-range instant damage in most circumstances, nor 2.5 second stun time unless for an int hero or a disabler (ie not a nuker/agi/tanker). The maximum aoe for a non-int hero unless in special circumstances may not exceed 350 radius minimum damage effect.

No ult may exceed 900 instant damage in close range at maximum power (level 42) unless in special circumstances (charges, synergy, DoT)

Base damage and the primary attribute are decided by the abilities of the hero. Jordan is str because he's melee which balances out his disable and summons. It gives him a bit of melee capability while not being completely able to contend with hero killers. He is considered fairly micro intensive.

Critical type attacks may not exceed 2.5x damage for agility heroes.

The IK's critical strike will be normalized further and then he will be considered complete. For the record, using Pillar of Purity on creeps is stupid.

Oros just needs his grapple and he should be just about okay. Crush's cast time will be reduced.

Additionally the attack speed bonus for ability has been reduced from 0.02 to 0.01.

As for items, items are currently the least of my concerns. It's already been mentioned that a dota-type system will inevitably be added but this will come AFTER the heroes are balanced. No way am I trying to fix heroes and items at the same time.

Additionally towers now at long last have truesight.

Procession Aura's effects are reduced to 10% bonus to allied attack/move speeds.

I am also to believe that the crashes are due to the Zeppelin's ram, in particular his new controllable ult. Will probably need Xenon to look at it.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.