Loladins of Legend

Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Re: Loladins of Legend

Post by Xenon »

I agree with the range not being feasible; that would require abilities with a ridiculous amount of levels; or otherwise, a trigger that would add a second Impale caster to increase the length, but that would look weird and still would not increase the targeting range of Y's Impale.

For the damage, this is a good place to use my damage event method. Set the damage for Impale and SPECIAL BEAM CANNON to 0.01. Then, in the Damage Event trigger, add these into the section that requires damage be less than 0.02:

If/Then/Else
  (damage source) equal to SIDEKICK
  (damage taken) greater than 0
  (triggering unit) has buff Impale
Then
  Cause SIDEKICK to damage (triggering unit) for (base damage)+((level damage)x(level of Impale for SIDEKICK))+(Int factor)x(Int of SIDEKICK)

If/Then/Else
  (damage taken) greater than 0
  Or (multiple conditions)
     unit type of damage source equal to underwater flying car level 1
     unit type of damage source equal to underwater flying car level 2
     unit type of damage source equal to underwater flying car level 3
Then
  Cause (damage source) to damage (triggering unit) for (base damage)+((level damage)x(level of Underwater Flying Car for SIDEKICK))+(Int factor)x(Int of SIDEKICK)

Note that beam cannon damage depends on the current level of the UFC ability of the Sidekick, not the level of the current UFC using the ability. I'm sure you can fix that easily.

IMHO SPECIAL BEAM CANNON should throw a Castle at level 2 and an Arcane Observatory at level 3. ;)

If for some reason this causes a crash it's because the damage is satisfying its own conditions and creating an infinite loop. Make sure the "greater than 0" condition is there and that the damage can never be between 0 and 0.02.
Last edited by Xenon on Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tipereth
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Post by tipereth »

I was thinking just like, increasing range for every 10 int, and using a location that would move with polar offset by his facing angle during cast, and just using dummies to cast storm bolt on units in the location. But this would SUCK TO DO.
Xenon

Post by Xenon »

BTW, what's Chain WTF supposed to do anyway? I got it once while testing Skeram, but was unable to see what it did because I didn't realize it could only target ancients.

Oops, I just remembered all the Damage Event stuff will also activate on any units that are Spirit Linked to the units taking damage directly. Is there anything based off Spirit Link in LoL?
Last edited by Xenon on Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

ROFL @ tip breaking chain wtf
tipereth

Post by tipereth »

That's because I'm retarded. Go into the abilities folder (you especially mesk) and change it's targets to 'Air, Ground'.

EDIT: You want the hero one, not the neutral hostile one.
Last edited by tipereth on Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Been there done.

edit -

Put some time into some system fixing.

Should now be more intelligent when it comes to detecting hero kills. As in, killing your allies won't give you money anymore, and nor will killing yourself. I may later put in a "deny" system where you can kill an ally that has less than 150 health left. Although this shouldn't be needed to used on heroes unless they will die anyway. I could always somehow jack dota's detecting thingy or make my own.

I also hopefully fixed the bug where Warrier Man X would sometimes retain a buff or debuff from DXM or blade matrix. I know how to fix his sword's lighting but I don't know if Arcan likes it the way it is or isn't (fixing it will make it a lot darker). Hopefully the notification for holy hell hope sword specialization will be fixed.

I made Sergeants and the Generals fairly tougher, although Flailsaloot still awaits more skills and all of the sergeants await the anti-kiting system.

The respawn system is hopefully synced and fixed.

Haven't touched creep spawns yet, probably next week (memory leak fixing) but since HKS was the only one that really suffered from that and he now has a very powerful computer it isn't on the top of my list, anymore. In fact I'm pretty sure his comp is notably faster than anyone else's in SS right now, seconded by mine and I think mucky's. So now he'll be waiting for you. Doesn't that just bite you in the ass?

The mystery of the music stream problem remains unsolved. I can only assume that blizzard somehow broke the whole thing in one of their latest patches. All possible methods and possible issues have been looked at and it still does the same stupid shit. I think custom music is something that won't ever happen knowing how blizzard addresses their games and engine issues.

At the very least Arcane Division will have a new graphic and be fully functional.

Mucky also fixed a number of strings.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mucky
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by Mucky »

I may later put in a "deny" system where you can kill an ally that has less than 150 health left. Although this shouldn't be needed to used on heroes unless they will die anyway. I could always somehow jack dota's detecting thingy or make my own.
You can only deny a hero in DotA if they have a dot on them (Shadow Strike, Shadow Word, Doom). In fact, you can attack them no matter what health they're at as long as they have a dot that can actually kill them.

For DXM, you may want to use a Berserk instead of an aura. Just give the speed factors a negative value. I'm pretty sure it works through magic immunity. Temporary auras are really weird, and I think a similar thing should be done for Z's Muscular Augmentation. I'm thinking Metamorphosis or Chemical Rage should be used. I'm okay with a fixed speed bonus, as long as the regeneration actually works as intended, since boots don't have a significant impact on % speed bonuses.

Following things I did:

Khane the Bloodtalker - One of his spells had no hotkey, and some had no tooltips whatsoever. According to the tooltips, ZHC increased the stun/dot on Meteor, but in the triggers the only difference I saw was the warstomp dummy. I brought it up to mesk and he was all meh. So I corrected that as well as info on rejuv and curse. So yeah all spells now have easily accessible hotkeys and thoroughly completed strings.

Fatboy Sidekick Y - I went ahead and gave him his new ultimate, which is a SEF-based spell where he turns into the bear. Two issues I'm aware of is that his Impale research strings refer to the Impale that Oblivion's Beckon uses, so it says 220/360/500 damage when it should say 110/175/230/300. It will do the correct damage; it just doesn't display the right amount. The other is that his ultimate's buff still says Pandaren Elemental, which can be seen in-game when used. I just brought both up to mesk and it'll probably be fixed it so whatever.

Warrior Man X - Cleaned up his strings seeing how popular he is, and I think I fixed Recall's weird positioning in the hero skills tab.

Oros - Another simple clean-up.

What I would like to do in the future is obviously fix more strings, but on top of that I'd like to organize all of the spells in an intelligent fashion, because right now everything is just a garbled mess and I probably spent more time looking for spells to fix than I actually did fixing them.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Doacks.

Maybe I'll get something done this week.

Also, Lord Dread should no longer heal when he enters flight and his life regen should be minimal. With these changes done, I'm gonna get Q to help me out in creating some really awesome spells for the two racial leaders.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xenon

Post by Xenon »

I can't tell what is causing the crash in Chain WTF; the trigger's length doesn't help me find it either. However it's clear that it does not check to see if any of the units are structures, which is why it hits them.

Mesk: for launch range = 600/800/1000/1200

set the maxdist line in the Launch trigger to:

Set maxdist[physindex] = (400.00 + (200.00 x (Real((Level of Launch  for TYRANT)))))

and set the For line in the Launch Dest Pathing trigger to:

For each (Integer A) from 1 to (16 + (8 x (Level of Launch  for TYRANT))), do

Change the maxdist factors as you like, but make sure the For loop values are 1/25 their respective maxdist factors.

Also, I tested Spirit Link and it can cause problems especially if there are a lot of linked units.

Edit: Also, Conflagrate won't cause damage or DOT to spell immune units, but can make them panic anyway. Are there any spell immune units besides Pines from Hell? Conflagrate and Anthem won't affect ethereal units in the AOE either, due to the mine explosion abilities not affecting them.

The conflagrate pocket factory bug may be fixed by a trigger that kills units entering the map that are Conflagrate Explosions.
Last edited by Xenon on Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

The conflag panic shouldn't effect ancient-types.
Xenon

Post by Xenon »

I managed to redo Chain WTF with different triggers, but I won't give it out unless Tipereth is okay with it. It allows multiple lightning effects to be on the screen at the same time.
Arcan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Arcan »

Review of stuff from last week:
Y's self-Command Aura is currently not working for some reason or the other. The Underwater Flying Car needs to be buffed overall, and have the spells that Y does normally (namely, impale and combat serenade).

As for X's Wooden Blade Matrix, I still think the damage should be nerfed, not the movement speed/collision. The current damage is more than that of the Blademaster's Bladestorm (110 versus 125, of course it's a different system altogether). Try playing X without Wooden Blade Matrix, you'll realize how slow he is, even with boots. The original purpose of the skill was to catch up to opponents. Look at any game with X in it: currently, when most people use Wooden Blade Matrix, the intent is to kill them with the damage from the spell itself (because it's possible, and very viable to), and once you stop spinning, you get at most one or two hits off on them with your melee attack. It is also a very devastating AoE.

Stuff to change on X:
For WBM, remove Spell Immunity if possible. Lower the duration of the skill per level (it lasts for a really long time right now), lower the cooldown decently, lower the mana cost slightly, and lower the damage it deals per second across all levels. Increase the radius of effect since his spinning animation is larger than the actual distance of the spell, which is kind of silly.
Additionally, increase X's melee range by a decent amount (currently, it looks like he's almost hitting stuff with his hilt). With the nerf to Blade Matrix, X is going to be killing a lot less heroes, which is a good thing.
Last edited by Arcan on Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
[imgwh 275x155]http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp171/omgarcan/5c1e32e9bc2242cca51e957475e529825a4.gif[/imgwh]
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

You can't change bladestorm's spell immunity to my knowledge. Pretty much hardcoded.

I think mucky was already messing with X/Y/Z to some alterior specifications.
tipereth

Post by tipereth »

Q, that's fine, as long as it retains the ability to slaughter things.
Mucky

Post by Mucky »

Changes I've made to X:

Wooden Blade Matrix
80/100/120/140 damage per second. 130/150/170/190 manacost. 30 second cooldown, as opposed to 20 from before. Speed bonus has been removed, but no collision remains. Later in this post I will explain why.

Deus Ex Machina
Lasts 3/4/5/6 seconds. 30 second cooldown, as opposed to 60 from before. No manacost. Everything else is the same.

Hero Stats
Strength - 25 + 3.2, changed to 25 + 3.0
Agility - 10 + 1.5, changed to 10 + 1.65
Intelligence - 14 + 1.4, changed to 14 + 1.0
Base move speed - I've found to my amazement that it was set to the default TC's ms, 250. Holy fuck. Changed this to 305.
Try playing X without Wooden Blade Matrix, you'll realize how slow he is, even with boots. The original purpose of the skill was to catch up to opponents. Look at any game with X in it: currently, when most people use Wooden Blade Matrix, the intent is to kill them with the damage from the spell itself (because it's possible, and very viable to), and once you stop spinning, you get at most one or two hits off on them with your melee attack. It is also a very devastating AoE.
Sometimes it's necessary for spells/heroes to deviate from their original purpose on paper. WBM in its current state doubles as both a chasing skill and an escape skill. The changes you've suggested may make sense at a glance, but the problem is that you can't attack while in WBM. If the damage output is too low, you'd basically be disabling yourself. It might be worth it if X had some sort of disable or slow, but he doesn't. With these changes, WBM becomes less of a chasing skill and more of a damaging/defensive skill. Also, 5 seconds isn't long at all; it only seemed long because of the distance you could cover in those 5 seconds.

Changes to Y:

Ultimate Pies
It appears it wasn't working because the aura was 0 AoE. At least, that's the only reason I think it wouldn't be working.

Underwater Flying Car
All-around buff. It now has a 50% cleave, its SPECIAL BEAM CANNON now scales in damage per level (100/225/350), and it has a spell called Burst, which maximizes its move speed for 12 seconds. Also slight buff on damage and health. Oh yeah and kaboom was removed.

Changes to Z:

Muscular Augmentation
I changed it to a berserk-based move speed increase with trigger-based hp regen. So now it WORKS PROPERLY COUGH TIP COUGH.

Piercing Spines
This is now an arrow orb. It costs 50/60/70/80 mana, has a 10/6.5/3/0 second cooldown, and deals 7/8/9/10% of the enemy's current hp in bonus damage.

Grooved Spines
I want to scrap this for something else. Reason being is that why does Z need a range upgrade when he already has move speed bonus? The whole kiting thing is just stupid theorycraft that doesn't work. Sure, it lets you attack towers without them hitting you back, but that in itself doesn't justify a skill slot, since towers take forever to kill and the creep wave will be coming to sexually assault you soon anyway. However, I don't know what to replace this with yet, so it stays for now.
some alterior specifications
ALTERIOR ISN'T EVEN A WORD
Last edited by Mucky on Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.