StarCraft Mini-Campaign Contest FINAL WINNERS

(December 27th, 2007 - March 24, 2008)
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

StarCraft Mini-Campaign Contest FINAL WINNERS

Post by Lavarinth »

After a few months of hard work and dedication, six of our contestants ended up accomplishment the difficult task of completing a StarCraft campaign in a time-frame much shorter than most would take. Of this six, three had to be chosen as victors. The decision has been made, after tedious weeks of observing, playing, and typing in "power overwhelming." The following represents the first, second, and third place winners for our first ever Campaign Creations StarCraft Mini-Campaign Contest.

FIRST PLACE: Dark Swarm
Originating from the mind of Legion.
Prizes: Blizzard Cinematics DVD + The following items: Blizzard Baseball Cap, T-shirt, and Mouse Pad.

Second Place: Battle of Ahman-ro
Originating from the mind of Revan.
Prizes: StarCraft Cinematics DVD + His choice of Blizzard Baseball Cap, T-shirt, or Mouse Pad.

Third Place: ACMD0
Originating from the mind of Thalraxal.
Prizes: His choice of Blizzard Baseball Cap, T-shirt, or Mouse Pad.

(Winners will be contacted for prize delivery.)

I'd like to thank all of our participants, even those you could not complete their projects. I would like to also inform those that did participate may still receive a pleasant surprise for participating all the way through in our first contest. We're looking forward to have you all participate in the next contest, and hopefully some new faces will join in as well.

Until next time, folks, I'd like to thank you all for your patience and enjoyable experience you've given me hosting this contest.

I'd also like to mention that any of you looking to update your projects to a more finalized version may do so now and place updated links in their threads. Please note all projects will be hosted in a special section currently under development by CC, so we encourage you all to put in any final touches to your projects.
Last edited by Lavarinth on Mon May 26, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Jadefang

Re: StarCraft Mini-Campaign Contest FINAL WINNERS

Post by Jadefang »

@Legion, Revan, and Thalraxal
I congratulate each of you to your success.
Revan
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant

Post by Revan »

Yay! ;D That should summarize it.

Anyway, congratulation to everyone who participated in this contest.
Lavarinth wrote: I'd also like to mention that any of you looking to update your projects to a more finalized version may do so now and place updated links in their threads. Please note all projects will be hosted in a special section currently under development by CC, so we encourage you all to put in any final touches to your projects.
Do I have to have to update it now? I'm busy because of exams in May and June, but I'm planning to revise my campaign after that, maybe even adding 1 or 2 bonus maps. Can I upload an updated version at that time?
Jadefang wrote: @Legion, Revan, and Thalraxal
Thanks. ;)
Signature can be found here.
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

Congratulations!
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
Meta
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Meta »

Great work, guys. That's what mapmaking is about.  ;D
Taeradun
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by Taeradun »

w00ts
Meta wrote: Great work, guys. That's what mapmaking is about.  ;D
winning prizes? :P
Meta
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Meta »

Taeradun wrote: w00ts
Meta wrote: Great work, guys. That's what mapmaking is about.  ;D
winning prizes? :P
I meant making quality stuff but... hmm... prizes would still fit! ;)
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

I won!

I didn't expect this, but it's certainly niiiice!

Okay, speech.

"First of all, I'd like to thank Lavarinth, hoster of this contest. Great idea, I loved seeing these great campaign for a 10 year old game. That in itself is an accomplishment. I want to thank all the people who've given me feedback, comments and have helped me during the creation of Dark Swarm. Thanks to Ricky_Honejasi for playtesting and spell-checking my dialogues. I want to thank Vail Sterling for saving my ass by being the Zerg protagonist. Smite unto Blizzard for cutting out cerebrates, but thanks to them for basically everything else. Thanks to the Overmind for warping in and saying some things in my campaign -- it's greatly appreciated, man! The beer kegs are comin your way!

Thanks to you, my friends here at CC, for playing my campaign! You WILL find out what happened to Sterling and company!"

- A very happy winner!
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Revan wrote: Yay! ;D That should summarize it.

Anyway, congratulation to everyone who participated in this contest.
Lavarinth wrote: I'd also like to mention that any of you looking to update your projects to a more finalized version may do so now and place updated links in their threads. Please note all projects will be hosted in a special section currently under development by CC, so we encourage you all to put in any final touches to your projects.
Do I have to have to update it now? I'm busy because of exams in May and June, but I'm planning to revise my campaign after that, maybe even adding 1 or 2 bonus maps. Can I upload an updated version at that time?
Jadefang wrote: @Legion, Revan, and Thalraxal
Thanks. ;)
Whenever's clever. I'll update the page accordingly if you update it after it's up.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Marine
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Post by Marine »

Congratulations!
Im just happy that I could finalyl finish a campaign :D
[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3600/zergsig5smallff5.png[/img]
Thalraxal
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Thalraxal »

Congratulations Legion and Revan!  And everyone else who participated in the contest!

Now, to finish that next version of ACMD0...
omega20
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by omega20 »

Marine 382BB wrote: Congratulations!
Im just happy that I could finalyl finish a campaign :D
Aw! It's true! Of all the campaigns that you have announced, Legacy of a Warrior is the only one you've finished... hehehe. :P Anyway, LOAW is a pretty good campaign and very well worked, with good story, maps and characters. Even if you've not won the competition, you can be satisfied with having done a good campaign. However, it needs to be revised and fixed due to the amount of bugs in some of the maps... ;)
Thalraxal wrote: Congratulations Legion and Revan!  And everyone else who participated in the contest!

Now, to finish that next version of ACMD0...
Hehe. Do you still have trouble with the Torrasque, Thal? I think what you should do is focus more on ACMD that on ACMD0. You must bear in mind that ACMD0 is already finished. Anyway, good luck with your projects!

And finaly, congratulations to all those who have participated in the competition!
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]