Legacy of a Warrior

(December 27th, 2007 - March 24, 2008)
Marine
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Legacy of a Warrior

Post by Marine »

After all the peoples posting great story lines for campaigns and stuff got me motivation to pause on my longer one just to try this contest.

It takes place during the near inevitable destruction of the Terran Confederacy and rise of the Terran Dominion.

Storyline:

Private Curtis Hollin - one of the most promising soldiers in the Confederate army - stationed at the GUR (Grest Ultimate Reservoir) the largest mineral and vespene reservoir in the newly Confederate planet Grest and its small government. Under Colonel Joseph Guellar they held perimeter of the reservoir for 3 years during the massive Sons of Korhal rebellion against the Confederacy, they even forced the Grest government out of the reservoir and to their outposts and capital city making the reservoir their own personal matter.

After 3 years of safeguarding the reservoir and helping funding and producing their defences against the Sons of Korhal, they are found out! On the outskirts of the Grest government territory, Colonel Guellar with a large battalion accompanied by Private Curtis Hollin meet for a convoy of the Sons of Korhal led by Major Stewart Roberson, the Major tries to get the Confederates to surrender the reservoir and turn to the Sons of Korhal/Dominion. They declined.

The Major planted a homing beacon which in five minutes near six drop-ships landed to the ground carrying a large battalion of marines, the Major took a quick shot at the Colonel into the chest killing him instantly, which a cat like reflects caused Private Curtis Hollin to shoot back at the Major which took as a hostile act causing the Dominion to attack the Confederates at point blank range. Private Hollin and the battalion retreated to the forests and did guerrilla attacks and won a small victory there promoting him to Lieutenant Curtis Hollin for his quick thinking.

When they returned to the reservoir they heard reports of a massive base of Korhal troops attacking the outposts in relentless frenzies. What they didn't know is two of the troops under Lieutenant Hollin had small emitters on them known as 'Psi emitters' which freaked the troops out because they could not destroy them either. They knew and imminent threat is coming, a large army of Sons of Korhalian troops are coming, along with an unlimited source of Zerg are coming from the stars... with Curtis Hollin in control an elite warrior - the legacy of his defence of his men has come - three large battalions of Korhallian troops arrived at the entrance of the reservoir and an unknown soldier screams out "Soon the Zerg will arrive and this will end just like Antiga Prime!" they charged towards the defence and shots began to fire back and forth. The Confederacy has the government of Grest to assist them as they send in the cavalry.

... far away in the stars a massive amount of Zerg warp into space and begin to circle around Grest answering the call of the Psi-Emitters ...

Playable Features:
Race: Terran
Allies: Terran
Heroes: Yes, Lieutenant Curtis Hollin and Senator/Captain James Starlin.

Features:

This will be a 3-5 campaign and ending to the time when the Sons of Korhal attack the platforms orbiting Tarsonis.
Various map styles, from destroy bases, commanding strike teams, and just main defences and stay alive!
Interesting Terran characters, one Protoss hero who appears in the end known as "The Watcher"
Good mission briefings, no voices.
Run on Classic StarCraft as well.

Characters:

Lieutenant Curtis Hollin:
The protagonist, he is a great leader and has deserved his promotion. He will defend his reservoir against any threat at all costs until his very death. He fights hard and has great reactions when in a battle. He is in a small duel between the leader of the Terran Dominion before the Zerg runs them all over and barely survives the entire war.

Senator/Captain James Starlin:
The leader of the army and government of the people of Grest. Short but smart willful leader, he contributes troops to assist the Confederacy they are also at the end in an agreement to assist the Dominion after receiving defences, support, and money they turn on the Confederates with their cavalry and finally circle the reservoir but before a final march is fully launched against them and the reservoir is taken for the Dominion, the Zerg overruns the all their forces and destroys everything - including Grest's government - in their path.

3-Star General Edmund Melest:
The antagonist, smart and strong leader but ruthless, he fights hard against the Confederate defences and literally cannot bypass their defences until a massive siege tank bombardment, and over the towering rubble of the outer defences the bombardment kills many innocent lives and Lieutenant Curtis Hollin plans to hunt the General down and butcher him and make him pay for his crimes.

The Watcher
The destroyer of worlds. Not really. He is the one who travels to planets before the Zerg arrive and calls in the Protoss fleet to 'purge' the planet of the Zerg, though while he watches the Terrans obliterate each other, Dominion vs Confederacy and Grest he sees when the Zerg arrive. He finally orders the fleet to destroy the planet and all the Zerg that arrive on the planet. He thinks that this planet though rich in resources will be noting but a barren ash world, though miraculously the resources - mineral and ore - begin to regrow and the Dominion seize it when learning of this from the Watcher's eyes and with its resources accumulated they build a fleet large enough to destroy the platforms over Tarsonis, assault on Tarsonis itself and destruction of Confederacy.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3600/zergsig5smallff5.png[/img]
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Legacy of a Warrior

Post by Maglok »

Good luck!
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
Marine

Post by Marine »

Thank you Maglok.
And I shall soon post screenshots.
Thalraxal
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Thalraxal »

I have to admit, I'm surprised how many entries are taking place during the Original Campaign (more specifically: during Rebel Yell).

Sounds interesting so far, Marine.  Good luck!
Gemini
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Gemini »

Legacy of a Warrior...

Life of a Marine...

Hm.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

UPDATE REQUIRED BY END OF WEEK.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Marine

Post by Marine »

Well I have begun to work on my campaign since I got a new Brood War CD, the first map will take place on a small forest Confederate planet known as Grest. Only two factions reside on the planet: Terran Confederacy and the Grest Government. Though the moon that orbits around Grest is an deadly vacant ice moon that holds only small Pirate factions that hate the Sons of Korhal for trying to force them to their cause.
I have only a few screenshots right now, but on saturday most likely I will post more a few more screen shots.

Negotiations made by the Sons of Korhal dont go as good in the eyes of the Confederacy.

After getting an awnser she didnt want to hear, the Sons of Korhal leader kills the Colonel.

Curtis Hollin after seeing one of his friends, leader, and mentor killed in cold blood, he then takes action and fires back.

Now the Sons of Korhal are making sure they find Curtis Hollin and his battallion dead, that will be hard they know the land more but the blockade that blocks the road to the reservoir will be tough to get through.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whiplash!
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Whiplash! »

Ooohhh looks cool already I'm exited for this one!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

Haha, I liked that dialogue. :)
- Maglok
Marine

Post by Marine »

I have just finished map one "Our story will be heard..." and I shall later today post more screenshots.
Jadefang

Post by Jadefang »

I like the intro dialogue a lot :) I am looking forward to this campaign
off_jofce
Terran Settler (Unemployed)
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Post by off_jofce »

Hi, I like your story so far, and the characters are well done  :)
Hope to see more screenshots !
I live like a Zealot, I'm tough as a Marine, but sometimes I feel like a Zergling :D
Marine

LoaW UPDATE 1!

Post by Marine »

UPDATE:

After a few days of working I finished two more maps "From beyond the stars..." and "The Invasion Begins..." but are connected towards each other and I am currently working on my third map "They Jump from the Shadows...". I tested recently my first map as it is the main battle based map so far, and I have edited it to add more units and patrols walking around the forest making your journey a little harder. Though their are some allies in the forest or prisoners as I would say, the outpost at the end was tough. The second map I added some more assassins and more sprites/doodads of trees to make it harder to spot the assassins when walking alongside the road. As I tested my first map I decided to take some more screenshots but I also took some of the second map and the other map that is connected right after the second one (its just an interlude though) like some more comments about these new ones:

The Sons of Korhal are here to greet the Confederates that try to escape!

But Grest is prepared to make sure Curtis doesnt wind up dead.

A large mining outposts of the Sons of Korhal block a way to escape, but Curtis will take action!

Inside a few major buildings in the forest, the Sons of Korhal have captured some of the Confederates, release them and I'm sure they'll assist you!

Infact some of the Confederates that were captured are pissed about being held prisoner, and will gladly help you but on one condition - revenge!

Grest led an assault with the forces of the air but the Sons of Korhal reacted to them and stronger, find the ships under guard and the crew will join your fight to get back to the Capital City!

Well after a few long hours fighting through the Sons of Korhal and then a few hours marching back to the Capital City and reservoir, a formal greeting is in order for Curtis and his troops.

Assassins wait in the road for you!

Ghosts really dont like enemy missile turrets.

Finally, the entrance of Grest's capital city!

Curtis surveys the reservoir. (With all the working such as mining and soldiers and machinery plowing through the grass along with the vespene pollution hitting the ground, there is nothing but dirt and mud in the reservoir.)

Captain James Starlin meets Curtis and promotes him finally to Lieutenant.

Curtis and James are a little shooken about the spinning devices that were on two of his marines.

As James explains about the danger of the Psi-Emitters, millions of Zerg begin their journey to warp-travel towards Grest.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

Very nice update you got there. Keep it coming 8)
- Maglok
WB
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by WB »

one of the few in the contest to catch my eye. keep at it.
Now with 50% more lol, 50% more win, and 100% phlail.
www.sc2campaigns.net - Coming Soon!!