Thanks for the reviews!
EDIT (28-03-08): Working on an updated version, hoping to release it sometime tonight.
Marine 382BB wrote:
Thalraxal wrote:Oh, and a proper title. Maybe I'll just call this thing "All Confederates Must Die!" and be done with it.
I dont like that name, not just because my campaign is about the Confederacy.
I'll test your maps and post feedback tomorrow.
Yeah, I don't like that title either. I'm still stuck. I guess it's still ACMD0 for now.
-Dialogue was fast but not as fast as Map 1.
-Miss spelled 'survivors' in the beginning when he says (lets round up survivors) you spelled it survivours. T: I noticed that, and fixed some of them, but not all. Will be fixed. Fixed!
-I had the SCVs but I couldnt gather or anything because you didnt give me the Terran Command Center. Plus I didnt have the money to build a command center. T: That's intentional. You can see in some of the earlier screenshots that originally you got that CC at the beginning, but I later decided to not let you get a base till later.
-Slow a little on the attacks for the Zerg because they tear through my defenses and I cannot repair since I have little money. T: I was thinking about having some supply caches around the city to give you extra cash, might include that in the next version.
+Did enjoy the fighting Yay!
+Dialogue was great Thanks!
-Mission briefings still fast, dialogue was too a little. Fixed!
-Same thing Ricky said to me. The two ghosts armor was teal when they were outside how is it that its purple when they enter? T: Lighting change. Really.
-Vidar at the beginning when going into the 'tunnel to Engineering' he just vanishes into thin air. Uhh...? T: He's suppose to enter that nearby tunnel, but in case he didn't get that, I did put in a failsafe to remove him.
-It'd be good to get some upgrades in here, to make you able to survive Zerg attacks. T: Hmm... I'll think about this.
-Also the Zerg walk right past me when they say "Sending Security team" when I go to Engineering not really a problem just a nuisance, or maybe you intended it.
-Typos: (The marine spells it weht, when you say "The Adjunct weht nuts" should be went.) Fixed!
+Again enjoy the dialogue T: Thanks again!
+Enjoyed the SCV hero heh T: There's not nearly enough of them
-At the part with the Torrasque you give my goliath here back but hes blue making it hard to find where he is. T: Yeah, I noticed that. The trigger's there, it just points at Vidar the Ghost and not Vidar the Goliath. Will be fixed. Fixed!
Ricky_Honejasi wrote:###MAP 1 (1-00)###
Odd : Why so little map space used on a bigger map? Gives the impression that either you cut it short or you weren't a good judge of required map space.
When I first started working on Mission 0, I was originally planning on having a second part about Kenton, but I ended up dropping that when I changed his origins around (in my original plan, he was stationed outside New Augusta, in the final he was stationed inside the city).
Ricky_Honejasi wrote:###MAP 2 (1-01)###
- If Vidar dies, there is no defeat. T: Drat, selected the wrong Vidar in the triggers. Fixed!
- Kind of a pain to control and protect so many (10+) civilians along with the military units until their destinations. T: That's the idea!
- There should be a mission objective along with its defeat condition that losing X amount of civilians owned by you will make you go into defeat to prevent the player to lose time if he lost too many civilians in total and cannot complete the objective of rescuing 30 civilians. T: I thought for sure that there was trigger for that, but looking at the map, there turns out that there isn't. Will be fixed. Fixed!
- To avoid a deviation of the suggestion above, rescuable civilians should be invincible until they join your party. T: The Civilians are rescuable, so the Zerg won't actually attack them (I suppose you can though). I had thought about having the Zerg attack civilians before you rescued them, but decided that that would be too frustrating
- Preference : When moving the civilians to flag them as rescued, you should flag all civilians on the beacon at once and not just one at a time. T: The way it's currently set, it has to be one at a time, but I can change that. Might be changed.
- Rescued red civilians can be killed by you without penalties. They should be invincible when fully rescued. T: Again, I thought I'd it to work that way. Will be fixed. Fixed!
###MAP 3 (1-02)###
- CRITICAL : Too few "Bridge door Integrities" since Torrasque usually kill 1 and badly damage another "integrity" by the time Dreys arrive to shoot. In addition, when he starts shooting, Torrasque usually don't charge him. Essentially, this makes the map impossible to finish unless you use the god mode cheat. T: Agreed. Like I said before, I wish I had the chance to play around with this fight abit more. As it is, it's either too easy, or impossible.
- For the Torrasque part, it would help to have visual sight of the location of the Torrasque when giving the mission objective to stop it. T: Will be fixed
- Heroes were of teal color before entering the battlecruiser and somehow they are now of purple color. T: I'm usually pretty fanatical about Hero Colour, this is the first time in eons that I wasn't.
- Odd : At the beginning, it seems a counter-intuitive that both ghost heroes are forced to kill the enemy turrets to move on with the story while it seems more logical for a ghost to avoid direct combat unless necessary. I am tempted to suggest to remove the last row of turrets and make the story move on when they are more or less at the "passage". T: Hmm, in the situation, the Adjunct had the drop on them, but it's a good point. I think I will add an avoidance option for this fight.
- If Dreys dies, there is no defeat. Fixed!
- The plasma vents are too likely to kill you if you set your game speed to slow (even a bit too likely at normal, rather requires fast speed due to how triggers works every 2 seconds not considering game time). Perphas add an extra second wait between plasma discharges. T: I tested the map at Normal speed, and didn't have a problem here. I'm going wait before I decide on that one.
- If the marine dies before being expandable, there is no defeat. T: I knew I forgot something! Thanks! Fixed!
- The in-game objectives (via the game menu) didn't update about preventing the marine's death when initially found.
Note : Should re-update the in-game objectives when he becomes expendable. T: Will be fixed. Fixed!
- Possible to manually kill Casey Flynn when initially found without a defeat. She should be invulnerable when you first find her but cannot control her. T: D'oh! Will be fixed. Fixed!
- New mission objectives (both text message and in menu) should update to mention that you need to bring Casey Flynn to the computer to open the repair bay's doors. Mostly to make it crystal clear. T: Will be fixed. Fixed!
- For the tip about using SCVs to grab resources, there is no information that mention that Casey Flynn (being a SCV hero) cannot grab resources. In addition, the tip also implies that all SCVs can repair however it doesn't say that Flynn cannot. T: Good point. I was originally hoping to have Flynn being able to repair, but it wasn't working, which is why I added the SCVs into the map. Since there was the possiblity of having the SCVs pick up the resources, I decided to have them collect the resources instead. I'll change it so that Flynn can collect them too.
- Putting a marine alone inside a goliath only change the goliath's color and the goliath must be "rescued" by other units to be usable instead of to be usable immediately. T: Agreed, that's one of the issues I didn't get around to fixing. Will be fixed. Fixed!
###MAP 4 (1-04)###
- If Eandril dies, there is no defeat. T: D'oh! Fixed!
- Despite Eandril's warning to not betray him, you can kill a protoss building under your command without penalities (other than losing the building). T: I didn't think about that. I think I might have Eandril make a comment about it, but I don't think I'll penalize the player. There are situations where you really need to blow up your own buildings.
And thanks for spotting those spelling errors and typos for me! I'll get working on fixing those too.
Ricky_Honejasi wrote: defence (defense)
Defence is fine.
I'm a strong supporter of Canadian Spelling. No matter how strange it may be! Survivour is still wrong, however.