ACMD0 (working title)

(December 27th, 2007 - March 24, 2008)
Thalraxal
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Re: ACMD0 (working title)

Post by Thalraxal »

Designer Log #5:
Got a fair amount of work done this week, the third part of Mission 2 is almost half-finished.  Did some more mod work, and sorting out of modding-details.

No screenshots this week. :(  I'm waiting until I have the new version of my mod finished before doing another test run.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

CONTESTANT IS APPROVED- SUFFICIENT UPDATES.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

Designer Log #6
Got alot of work done at the beginning of the week, slump in the middle, and doing some work right now.  Mod work's done, I just need to compile my new .dat files and then load them into the MPQ.

No new screenshots this week :(
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

Designer Log 6.1:
Finally finished Part 3 of Mission 2, onto the last part of the map.  I've also started working on Mission 0, as a short introduction to the campaign.  Still no new screenshots.
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

Designer Log 6.2:
Mission 0 is at 55%, not much further in Mission 2.  Still no new screenshots.  Hoping to remedy that for next week.
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

Designer Log 7:
The update comes on time early this week!

Mission 0 is done, I've just got alittle bit of polishing left to do.  Now it's back to finishing Mission 2.

Screenshots from Mission 0!
[imgwh 640x480]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/ ... smc016.png[/imgwh]
The Zerg drop in on New Augusta and begin their attack! (Note to self: Promote the Geryon)

[imgwh 640x480]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/ ... smc015.png[/imgwh]
Colonel Devon calls for reinforcements
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

UPDATES APPROVED - UPDATE BY MARCH 3RD REQUESTED, NOT REQUIRED
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

Designer Log 8:
Mission 2 is 98% done!  All I need to do is finish off the final scene and bug test acouple hundred times, but all the crunchy gameplay parts are done.  Finally!  I keep on forgetting how long large installation maps take to make.  I expect my rate of map production will go up soon.  Mission 3 is about 10% complete, since I've already finished the terrain for that one.

One new image this week.  It's my loading screen!  I'm a strong believe in these things, if only because they remind you that you've loaded the right SEMPQ.

[imgwh 640x480]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/ ... smc017.png[/imgwh]
Yep, it's the original SC loading screen, with the 'Battlecrusier in orbit over Tarsonis' image instead of the Terran Defeat/Protoss Victory/Zerg Victory montage of the original.  It reminds the player of the original campaign, as ADMD0 does take place towards the end of Episode 1: Rebel Yell.  As the majority of the campaign  take place on and in orbit of Tarsonis, having that planet on the title screen made logical sense.  The Battlecrusier pictured there is either the Geryon or the Indomitable.  However it could be the Norad II, representing the ascendency of the new Terran Dominion (represented by the Norad II in orbit) and their victory over the failing Terran Confederacy on the world bellow.  But mostly, fear my copy-pasting skillz!  It still needs alittle bit polishing though.
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

Designer Log #9
Suffered from a flu and felt miserable for the last few days, now feeling alot better.  Mission 2 is done, it just needs more testing and bug fixing.  Mission 3 is at 18-20% done.  I need to go back and do some mod work, as some rather interesting bugs have popped up (including one unit having 200/199 HP).
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

Interesting, think you'll make the deadline?
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

Maglok wrote: Interesting, think you'll make the deadline?
I think so.  I've got the biggest mission done (Mission 2).  Mission 3 and 4 are alot more straight forward (and not installation maps).  Mission 5 is just epilogue and credits, so it'll be pretty easy.

I've finished the terrain and most of the triggers for Mission 3, I've just need to finish the dialogue for it, Mission 4 is at 0% and I've actually got the terrain finished for Mission 5 (reused terrain ftw!).

My biggest concern is getting my mod work finished (again).  But everything except Mission 2 is playable without the SEMPQ, so if worst comes to worst, I'll still have something.
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

Designer Log #10
Testing Mission 2, Terrain is almost done for Mission 4.  Mod works, it's not finished though and there's still one or two issues to deal with.  My biggest concern right now?  Thinking up a proper title for this campaign.

Screenshots from Mission 2!

[imgwh 640x480]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/ ... smc018.png[/imgwh]
The Adjunct gives Lt. Vidar a fair warning.

[imgwh 640x480]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/ ... smc019.png[/imgwh]
Lt. Casey Flynn, Chief Engineer of the Geryon and SCV Hero.  Portrait by Cynon.

[imgwh 640x480]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/ ... smc020.png[/imgwh]
Lt. Vidar likes his new Goliath.

[imgwh 640x480]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/ ... smc021.png[/imgwh]
Goliaths for everyone!

[imgwh 640x480]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/ ... smc022.png[/imgwh]
In the dark days before Medics, we still had SCVs and repairable mechanical units.

[imgwh 640x480]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/ ... smc023.png[/imgwh]
The Adjunct, always helpful.  (Please note: Despite her wireframe, Lt. Flynn is not secretly Dark Templar.)
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

You misspelled immediate in the first one there 8)
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

Maglok wrote: You misspelled immediate in the first one there 8)
Fixed!  Thanks!

I've decided to drop the original mission 3, while I liked the idea behind the map, it doesn't quite work the way I was hoping, and the map itself didn't add much to the storyline.  Maybe I'll release the map as a deleted scene or something.

I just finished Mission "4", the last playable mission in the campaign.  All that's left is The Final Bughunt and playthrough, finishing off Mission "5", aka: The epilogue and credit map and renaming/renumbering all the maps.

Oh, and a proper title.  Maybe I'll just call this thing "All Confederates Must Die!" and be done with it.
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

Arg, there's still some (alot) stuff I'd like to toy around with abit more before releasing, but, I've got an early class tomorrow and I need sleep.

ACMDv1.zip contains the required executable.

ACMDmapsv0.zip contains maps 0, 1, 2, 4 and 5.  There is no mission 3, and there never was.  Really.

Major Issues:
Mission 3:
Mission 3 was cut, but I haven't renumbered/renamed the mission yet.  So the fact that I've only bundled Missions 0, 1, 2, 4 and 5 is not an issue.

Anyway, less major issues:
-In Mission 4 and 5 (TSCMC1-04, 05), I typed things up in a word processor first, then copied it into SC.  This translated all of my apostraphes into Bs.  So if you see something that looks like: "Webll take the Fredbs car and goto Bobbs Eatery", then replace all those Bs with ' and you'll be set!  I think I got most of them, but if I didnbt, Ibd like to know.

Mission 2 (TSCMC1-02):
-I'd love to spend more time tinkering with the fight at the end of the map.  Right now, the boss has a habit of getting stuck, and becoming very easy to defeat.  If he doesn't get stuck, then he's pretty darn tough.  I might reduce his damage in a later version.  Actually, I'd really like to get some feedback on that part.

-I'm going to be adding a modified version of Wargiant's Improved Installation, I've got a copy of it floating around here somewhere.  This is mostly because I need more corpses.

Mod:
-Yes, I still need to change Lt. Flynn's wireframe.

General:
-There's probably still some spelling mistakes.  I apologize.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.