ACMD0 (working title)

(December 27th, 2007 - March 24, 2008)
Thalraxal
Protoss Stargate Concierge

ACMD0 (working title)

Post by Thalraxal »

The Terran Confederacy has fallen.  Thanks to the efforts of the Arcturus Mengsk and the Sons of Korhal, Tarsonis has now been overrun by the Zerg, and its defenders are unable to repel the Zerg invaders.

Trapped in the ruins of one of Tarsonis’s cities, remnants of Delta and Nova Squadrons struggle to survive against the onslaught of the Zerg.
chris
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Re: ACMD0 (working title)

Post by chris »

this looks promising  :)
[quote="Zilla-"]
campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest
[/quote]
[quote="Lavarinth on podcast"]Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.[/quote]
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

Thanks Chris!
Whiplash!
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Whiplash! »

Post some screenshots or something!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

Screenshots!

Zerglings attack a bunker!

This campaign takes place during the last few missions of Episode I: Rebel Yell and the maybe into the beginning of Episode II.  That means that there'll probably be a painful lack of Medics.

Nova Squadron forces led by Major Dreys and Lt. Vidar destroy a small Zerg Outpost.

Regrouping and takin' a break.

A heroic Firebat saves a forgotten civilian.

"That's not a civilian!  It's a Zergling!"
Gemini
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Gemini »

This campaign takes place during the last few missions of Episode I: Rebel Yell and the maybe into the beginning of Episode II.  That means that there'll probably be a painful lack of Medics.
Eh, the only unit I really see as being anachronistic would be the Valkyrie. Medics on the battlefield are a millenia-old tradition and I can't see there being any problems with pre-Brood War terrans using them.
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

Designer Log #1:
ACMD0 is actually a prequel of sorts for another campaign I’m currently working on called ‘All Cerebrates Must Die!’ (ACMD!).  (Another working title.  It’s a little too silly for what’s a more serious campaign)  ACMD! came about as a result of StarCraft Legacy’s interview with Chris Metzen, and his comment about the fate of the Cerebrates.  Being a big fan of the Cerebrates, I didn’t like that decision, but I did think it would be interesting to create a campaign in which you had several Cerebrates struggling against their impending doom by lack of Overmind.

ACMD! is about Zerg Cerebrates Thadrass and Elmeg and their quest to survive.  It starts off immediately after the death of the Second Overmind, and continues several months after Brood War ends.  During their travels, the two Cerebrates encounter a group of Terrans.  I rather liked the Terran characters and said to myself: “Man, I like these characters.  I should do something more with them”.  The next day, the SCMCC was announced and that was that. 

Most of ACMD0 takes place in a single city on Tarsonis, New Augusta.

CAST:
NOVA SQUADRON:
Colonel Nigel Devon
Units: Ghost, Battlecrusier Geryon
Affiliations: Nova Squadron

Colonel Devon is in charge of the Nova Squadron forces still inside the city of New Augusta.  His current goals include safeguarding all remaining Confederate citizens still in the city, and finding a way off the planet before they’re all overrun by the Zerg.

Major Malcolm Dreys
Unit: Ghost

Major Dreys has served as Colonel Devon’s top operative and second in command for several years.

Lieutenant Charlie Vidar
Units: Ghost, Goliath

Lieutenant Vidar usually works as Major Drey’s partner.  Vidar has a passion for machines, and would spend most of his time off-duty lurking around the Geryon’s Engine Room.  Whenever stealth is not required, Vidar has been known to jump into the nearest Goliath.

DELTA SQUADRON:
Captain Clyde Kenton
Units: Marine, Battlecrusier Indomitable
Affiliations: Delta Squadron

Captain Kenton was previously stationed at the Delta Squadron base outside New Augusta.  The base was quickly overrun by the Zerg when the invasion of Tarsonis began.  Kenton managed to escape with as many people as he could, and has since tried to save who he can in New Augusta.

Gemini wrote:
Eh, the only unit I really see as being anachronistic would be the Valkyrie. Medics on the battlefield are a millenia-old tradition and I can't see there being any problems with pre-Brood War terrans using them.
I only said 'probably'.  Right now, I'm going for that authentic 'Original SC' flavour, but I suspect that the lack of medics may drive me insane.  If it does, I'm going with your reasoning on why they're there.
Last edited by Thalraxal on Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

Designer Log #2
Finished the first map of the campaign.  Just started the bug testing in it.  Finished most of my mod work.  I'm keeping things simple mod-wise.  Just some custom portraits and stats.  I've still got some balancing issues to work out and I've got two more heroes to finish off (both not yet listed on my Cast List in the previous Designer Log).

Anyway... a pair of screenshots!

Major Dreys scouts ahead.  Dreys also gets a special weapon, mostly to help differentiate between him and Vidar.  It's a laser!  Portrait by Roach.

A pair of Ultralisks attack!
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

Designer Log #3:
Mission 1 has been cleared of any major bugs, and just needs a little bit of polishing before it's finished.  Less than a quarter or so through Mission 2.  It's an installation map, and it might take a while.  With luck, I'll get some screenshots of it posted in the next designer log.

Anyway, more screenshots!

Lt. Vidar and Maj. Dreys hold off the Zerg while civilians escape.  Charlie Vidar's portrait created by Cynon.

Col. Devon and the Battlecrusier Geryon are under attack!  Can help arrive in time?

A Delta Squadron base under attack by Zerg forces.
Marine
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Post by Marine »

Zerg rush everywhere.
Sounds and looks good. Good luck cant wait to play this.
[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3600/zergsig5smallff5.png[/img]
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

CONTESTANT IS APPROVED- SUFFICIENT UPDATES.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

Designer Log #4:
Slow week, didn't get too much work done. 

In mission 2, Major Drey and Lt. Vidar enter a mysterious installation of... uh... mystery?. (Location classified because it's a spoiler for events in the campaign).  This one's probably going to be one of the largest maps in this campaign, trigger-wise (if only because of all those dang doors!  Ahg.).  This map can be divided into four sections.  Parts 1 and 2 are mostly done (just some bug squishing a polishing).  I'm working on Part 3 right now, which is probably the largest of the four parts of the mission.  This week's screenshots are both from Part 1.

Naturally, the computer is insane.

No large installation mission is complete without some sort of hallway full of burning hot death.
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

Ah the good old 'vented plasma' effects. Gotta love em.
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
Revan
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant

Post by Revan »

Everything looks promising so far. How long will it be? 8)
Signature can be found here.
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

Revan wrote: Everything looks promising so far. How long will it be? 8)
Thanks!  My current plan has five missions (with Mission 5 being the epilogue and credits).  That might change.  While I have a general plan of things, I do have a tendency to change things as I go along.