Ep 2 Gameplay Lengths

Your destination for all things related to the Legacy of the Confederation series, including StarCraft, Brood War, and StarCraft II editions.

Moderator: The Oracle

Jayborino
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Ep 2 Gameplay Lengths

Post by Jayborino »

I'll be starting LotC 2 for my channel here soon and was hoping to get some rough gameplay length estimates per mission so I know in advance whether I should expect to split videos or not. Basically, are there missions comparable to LotC 7 and 8 where an average player would expect well over an an hour?
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: Ep 2 Gameplay Lengths

Post by Lavarinth »

I was so incredibly bad at it that my gameplay lengths were perhaps 2-3 hours per map. So bad.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

It really depends on how long you're grinding for deathcharger. But the TPC forum update boss RNG can hold you up for a long time, too.
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by The Oracle »

Jayborino wrote:I'll be starting LotC 2 for my channel here soon and was hoping to get some rough gameplay length estimates per mission so I know in advance whether I should expect to split videos or not. Basically, are there missions comparable to LotC 7 and 8 where an average player would expect well over an an hour?
LotC Episode 2 is a very different duck than Episode 1. It's character driven vs. story driven (although there's story, it revolves around the characters and not events. With the exception of Past Purposes 7 and 8, there are no real 'characters' to root for in those maps, something that might, maybe, possibly, be remedied if there was to be an SC2 version of Episode 1, if...). The missions in LotC Episode 2 for BW are also more varied with a laser focus on objectives, putting them mostly in the range of 30-75 minutes. Mission 17 'may' be longer potentially but not because of the episodic length (e.g. Past Purposes 7) but rather the complexity of achieving the objectives. Mission 19 will also be longer most likely, but no macro in there. (At least, none that I remember).

Remember though, Fallen Angel should precede 19, 20, and 21 along with the movie.
Jayborino

Post by Jayborino »

Ok great, thank you, this was helpful!