[2042] Crippling bug identified

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.

Moderator: IskatuMesk

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

[2042] Crippling bug identified

Postby IskatuMesk » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:09 am

It seems that when using the external unit editor and setting unit health to large values (70 and 90 for the two units I tested), if these units have Regeneration and take damage in battle, their health will be set to zero upon the next game turn. When you attempt to move them, they vanish.

Quite a crippling bug considering I think the draconian special building's regeneration bonus is hardcoded and therefore all of their tier5-8 units are seriously screwed, especially for computers who are guaranteed to get that building, and the well being of the AI is a top priority for my large-scale project.

I wish there was a way to fix this. As it is that is basically game-breaking for my draconian convert race, the Bloodstone Guard. I can remove Regeneration from the other high-end units, even though that is a considerable nerf on their part considering the extended and large-scale nature of games in which their regeneration really shines and it's bad enough not being able to create/clone abilities to make them more diverse otherwise.

This Stygian Fury suffered only two points of damage, but now he is useless and 1100 gold is gone. The Bloodstone Guard's endgame unit is now a one-hit wonder and if you get the special building you are screwing yourself hardcore. Without these units you are helpless against high-end options from other races.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

Return to “The Doackendium”