[2042] Dev Log May 04 2008

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.

Moderator: IskatuMesk

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

[2042] Dev Log May 04 2008

Postby IskatuMesk » Sun May 04, 2008 4:11 am

You know, I don't think most people realize how much time gets put into something like this. I've spent the past hour selecting out additional tracks to mix into the combat01 track for the mod and I stopped to look at the time. It's 3:40AM!

My calculations suggest that a D2 graphic takes about an hour to properly export into bmps and get ready for renaming. Renaming takes about another 15-30 minutes depending if I can focus. Then I need to pray to god the graphic doesn't get mutilated by the background change like Baal did (and consequently force me to try re-exporting or something more drastic). And that's a very basic job. Diablo 2 itself demands quite a lot more time for graphic handling.

The soundtrack for this mod is verging on like, 500-600mb. It's easily the largest and most diverse soundtrack formed for any project in this community. There is tons of rare and useful stuff in here. The battle tracks are both going to be around ~40 minutes in length to suite those epic struggles. I've really outdone myself with this soundtrack. I got a lot of compliments for my SC mod music selection and I think those who enjoyed those selections will be right at home with the 2042 one.

It's becoming harder and harder to focus on this mod and get shit done. This dicking with music is the first actual real work I've done in about a week. I'm hoping I can get my parch white ass moving and actually fuck with those d2 characters that have been waiting to be renamed/color corrected for weeks now, or maybe make some WoW graphics. Or, God Forbid, pick up Maya and start modeling some goddamn towns.

I've even gone as far to massively overdose on something that supposedly helps with chemical imbalances or some such with autistic people, but I don't even notice the slightest bit of difference. Yay for pills I didn't spend money on.

Anyways, one of the things I really, really want to do is get my hands on Lineage 2 sounds. They're some sort of encrypted UAX (unreal 2) format. Even though HKS can decrypt them, apparently only a certain version of Ued will open the decrypted files and, surprise surprise, it won't open them. Mother fucker. I'd also like to get my hands on the Assassin's Creed sounds. There's an extractor out but it was coded by people who forgot how to make things sensible and apparently the sound files are in some stupid xbox format that no one knows anything about, anyway. I could try recording them out of stereo mix but there's the problem that I want monster sounds and they'll get mixed with other sfx, and a lot of monsters I can't easily/at all get access to let alone just fuck around with (Hey Antharas, let me hit you a few times, okay?), so this probably won't work out.

On the other hand, I did record some of Brawl's more useful character sounds and a couple of SC3's which I'll finish up on later. Oh, and in addition to these, I finally was able to record the Battle Tanx glitch I may have mentioned sometime back. Keep an eye out for an amusing video on that.

Anyways,

www.doack.campaigncreations.org/LoL/LoL ... /index.htm

These are just random shots taking during some of my testing. Some point out bugs/typos, some are amusing, others just show new content.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

Return to “The Doackendium”