What do you watch?

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.

Moderator: IskatuMesk

What video content do you watch?

LP's
21%
Compilations (e.g. XXE)
24%
Educational
15%
Documentary (ret dev when it was up)
6%
Extra (e.g. Armageddon Onslaught videos, Castovers)
21%
OC (e.g. Salvation)
6%
Replays/FPVOD (League, Heroes)
9%

Total votes: 34

KnoutOut
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Re: What do you watch?

Postby KnoutOut » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:41 pm

I watch the LP's of course, but how fast/much heavily depends on the game though. But compilations, documentary and cast-overs are a must-watch for me, you made yourself A BRAND with XXE - THE REVENGE! These are always good, but the cast-overs, these are my personal favourites: Simple Games, but extreme showcase of player-skill, exploiting mechanics plus your commentary ontop of it, makes every minute well-spent.
I especially LOVE how some of these games have so many frustrating controls/restrictions and unfair mechanics in place just to cockblock you from progressing and having fun, yet the players remain unphased and still kick it's sorry ass to hell and back! Can't get enough of that!

Enkidu
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig

Postby Enkidu » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:46 am

Wait a second, I've heard of Pr0nogo, but I've never really met the guy. Any idea how he's doing or what's going on with him?

... I've seen him perform on YouTube a couple of times though.

Revolta
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Postby Revolta » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:09 am

he's banned from the forums and it triggers lav so we try to avoid mentioning his name or else we earn his ire (and burritos)

Enkidu

Postby Enkidu » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:25 am

Oh... Sorry.

What happened? Why did he get banned? ???

Revolta

Postby Revolta » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:44 am

for being a pest, constantly spamming the vent server, which was hilarious but obviously against the rules. He was pretty miffed about his ban though, IIRC he made a video talking about it and how he didn't really understand how that warranted his ban? pretty sure he's still active so if you want to hear more about it you should probably talk to him

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:21 am

So, if I cross compare the results so far with the few conversions I've had, I can note that there is a small interest in developer videos. I will be considering this when pursuing work in other projects. For example, I am considering making a video to discuss some of the design elements for the ret tech document, and maybe cover Loladins of Legend in some small videos like I was doing for Apex.

Unsurprisingly, original content is not a high priority overall, though. This much was evident even on youtube.

What surprises me most is that there seems to be a fair amount of interest in replay recordings. As it turns out, I have two fairly consistent groups in blizzard dota and a "new" group formed for league and BaronReplay is working in my test runs so far, so we'll be seeing new additions for both channels in the future.

Educational videos are unexpectedly high in the viewcount. I was honestly expecting 100% LP/Compilation, maybe 10% replays, and one or two persons to be watching the educational videos at absolute maximum.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

Return to “The Doackendium”