CH 12 - My History

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.

Moderator: IskatuMesk

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

CH 12 - My History

Postby IskatuMesk » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:08 pm

I've told my story in bits and pieces in the past, if you know where to look. As part of my initiative to make my Coffee Hour series more meaningful, I decided to set the stage with the largest and most problematic of all the subjects I could.

My history, including my early life, some of my struggle with disabilities, and a good chunk of my modding history. Included therein are some lessons I learned, how I learned them, talk about some of the project concepts, the pitfalls I ran into, website-related rantings (why didn't you guys just merge?!?!?!!?), and a few demonstrational bits. There is little glory to be found in the recitation of my life and awful projects, mostly embarrassment. Even so, it is an important subject.

There's a lot of projects and facets I didn't cover, that I might get to in future coffee hours. Just covering the absolute major subjects and thoughts put me at nearly 3 hours.

I'm not really lucid in most of these recordings and I actually mix names and stuff up a lot (At one point I say Homeworld 2 instead of an entirely unrelated game), hopefully this isn't too confusing.

Foreword - My chronology is not perfect. I have undoubtably made some errors in dates and potentially events or people behind those events.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8tGaqgD4xI

Moar details

So, basically, this is a very watered down version of my life and history in modding, minus a bunch of big details and a lot of small details (like my RPGMaker RPG's), recited largely on the spot with no fact checking. I am 90% sure most of my chronology is correct but some of the events, namely dates relating to sites and the Black Sun history (I think supreme commander actually came part-way through the sc2 concept as opposed to before it), may be a bit incorrect.

Talking about my history and stuff is something I sometimes do to convey a lot of my positions. I don't think this video does that in the same nature a good article would, but it sets the stage for the kind of resources and environment I had to learn in. I steered clear of really dark subjects like 2006 and some suicide-related stuff, as well as my major struggles with writing TOA and shit, but what I do provide should be a good foundation for now.

That said I took my time so it wouldn't just be a huge information bomb.

I opted to only show a specific subset of projects for brevity. I wasn't able to credit all of the people that had some degree of involvement in these appropriately, but hopefully I got the biggest names down pat.

I am extremely grateful to all of those who have in one way or another assisted one of my projects. From the stray actor (Snowfender) who voice acted the Fallen Hero, to WarGiant, to the Mexican, to Laconius, to HKS, to Nefarius, and others. It is impossible to find good help in short time, and often in long time, and the few contributions I did get are what allowed me to get as far as I did.

Thanks to Shadowflare for being adorable providing me her 1.10 noCD thing on the spot or I would not have been able to get my BW recordings, Killer 11 for having my mods on the spot (as well as PlasmaWrath who had done so in an earlier time and let me nab some unrelated material).
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

Pr0nogo
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Re: CH 12 - My History

Postby Pr0nogo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Is the reason you steered clear of 2006 because you feel it wouldn't be very interesting or noteworthy, or because you yourself don't want to re-experience that era?

I'll post more thoughts when I watch it after dinner. I'm glad it's finished - it must be a bit of a relief to check another large production off of your list, and know that it didn't end up on the goatburner somewhere.

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:45 pm

2006 is a very dark year and talking about it won't do me any good to bring it up more than I need to. I've mentioned it a few times elsewhere, but I didn't feel something like that belonged in this production.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

Pr0nogo

Postby Pr0nogo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:37 pm

Alright. I was personally curious about the idea but I'll not go out of my way to find it, and your current perception of it is probably better than your past ones.

I really like seeing the old work I hadn't heard of, particularly the non-BW projects. Good stuff.

mark_009_vn
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Postby mark_009_vn » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:17 pm

Can I get MURtest.mp3? :3

"I'm begging you, let me work!" - Osamu Tezuka

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:21 pm

Image~[Gameproc]~Image

mark_009_vn

Postby mark_009_vn » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:53 pm

IskatuMesk wrote:http://gameproc.com/meskstuff/oldemusic/MURTest.mp3

Schizophrenic as always, but that's ok... This is EXACTLY what I needed...

"I'm begging you, let me work!" - Osamu Tezuka

Return to “The Doackendium”