Im looking for mods Iskatumesk's Realm, Armageddon Onslaught

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.

Moderator: IskatuMesk

Topic author
Shinok
Terran Settler (Unemployed)
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Im looking for mods Iskatumesk's Realm, Armageddon Onslaught

Postby Shinok » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:49 am

Links for Iskatumesk's Realm and Armageddon Onslaught on the main page http://www.campaigncreations.org doesnt work. Could someone help me find working link?

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Im looking for mods Iskatumesk's Realm, Armageddon Onsla

Postby IskatuMesk » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:28 am

I told Lavarinth to remove it. I don't know why the web page is still up. This topic is of relevance. http://www.campaigncreations.org/forum/ ... =45&t=5735
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

mark_009_vn
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Postby mark_009_vn » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:23 am

IskatuMesk wrote:I told Lavarinth to remove it. I don't know why the web page is still up. This topic is of relevance. viewtopic.php?f=45&t=5735

To this day I still cry myself to sleep because of my lack of Armageddon Onslaught.... MESK YOU TOTAL ASSHOLE! >:(

"I'm begging you, let me work!" - Osamu Tezuka

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:37 pm

No you don't. If no one played it between 2009 and the last couple months it's pretty clear the only people who cared about it were those who were stealing the afterburn effects from it. Case closed, move on.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

mark_009_vn

Postby mark_009_vn » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:34 am

No you don't. If no one played it between 2009 and the last couple months it's pretty clear the only people who cared about it were those who were stealing the afterburn effects from it. Case closed, move on.

:'(

"I'm begging you, let me work!" - Osamu Tezuka

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Postby Lavarinth » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:04 pm

I think I removed it from the wrong database so it's still there, I'll have to investigate.

For the record. My friends and I LAN'd this mod for at least a month's worth of time combined on separate occasions. Typically between 4 to 7 of us. We only won twice, and one of those was because we had to bug it out early game, so it didn't count. We played countless games and made countless bets. And lost every single bet.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:52 pm

Somehow I don't believe that. I know of person who "liked" the mod but, as far as I know, never played it. The only mod of mine that I know of being popular was BoTC I believe which had maybe 5 people playing it at a LAN. Nothing I've made ever had any kind of an impact because it was all mediocre. Really, I was foolish in believing any of this content was worthy of public release to begin with. Sometimes people like to sugar talk over obvious ineptitude, like Black Sun, but I know what it is they are trying to say. There is no point in trying to avoid hurting my "feelings".

I know it was the Korean communities who were stealing the afterburn shit (amongst shit from other mods like OR) because apparently they have absolutely no respect for us. I used to use stuff from other mods, but I at least did some research on the modder's stance on this sort of thing and provided credit where credit was due. I pulled back many of my old projects that used resources whose creator's stance on using was uncertain.

I was considering just making the entire thing open source, but that was before the guy tried to play ignorant and dodge the entire thing. That kind of disrespect rearly soured my tony. I guess there's nothing I can do about it. I can't legally challenge someone over this sort of thing, and nor would I bother to. All I can do is withdraw the content from availability and stop anyone else from doing it. No one knows AO for the mod. I always felt that modding was a system of respect, but only I ever felt that way. As shown by the antics of SA and even some people at CC, custom content is a clusterfuck free for all in which no one gives a shit about anyone else and half the people at these sites shouldn't even be here. Running into someone who shares mutual respect for work is a rare occurrence.

At this point, I do not care anymore. I'm sure the mod is already mirrored at some Korean site, and they only reason they'd have it is so they could use the effect graphics from it.

http://www.gameproc.com/meskstuff/AO3.0.7z

Go on. Use anything you want. But you give us credit. If you use any of the Afterburn explosion effects (the big fireballs with ~50-100 frames), you give credit to both me and SgtHK. That's what you wanted, right? Just to rip the effects assets.

I don't want to hear about this junk ever again.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Postby Lavarinth » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:06 am

We used to bet mexican food. It was glorious. :3
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator

Return to “The Doackendium”