[Loli] Developer Log #7 18/12/2007 - Screenshot Festival

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.

Moderator: IskatuMesk

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

[Loli] Developer Log #7 18/12/2007 - Screenshot Festival

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:49 am

So after dealing with multiple gay crashes, I have enabled 2 more zones - the Post Office, and a mini waypoint zone.

This post will be primarily for screenshots. Which I have a lot of.

I used a glide wrapper and now my d2 image quality is perfect and perspective works again. Woot!

Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: [Loli] Developer Log #7 18/12/2007 - Screenshot Festival

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:51 am

Here's some more.

Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

Milldawg
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Postby Milldawg » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:18 pm

The perspective on the new areas is a bit weird (as you've probably noticed)...but I creamed myself anyway.

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:22 pm

Yeah, Duriel's size makes the perspective quite noticeable. Ingame with most units it isn't so bad though. Like, it's noticeable, but not so "off" looking.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:40 pm

Update

Zone 3.5 is now in. I have now added all currently planned zones to Act1, which is about 1/4 of the act. I need to now figure out what I want to do for zone 4+.

I also plan to switch the mod to the d2mod system, enabling dll's that'll allow a bunch of funky shit. Including -

- Kill counter
- Parallax backgrounds (so zone 2 will have stars in the background)
- Extended lvltypes (more tileset enhancement for me, the most important bit)

And some other stuff.

The zone I added is the legendary Lake of the Unbroken from KTD. Since I don't have the map from KTD, I had to rebuild it. It's about 1/4 done right now, including a spawn point for a Legendary-type Act1 boss (the replacement for the countess). I'll also probably put Blood Raven in this zone. One of them will become Acromagnus, from KTD, who has frozen orb.

When I realized I would only be about 1/4 way through act1 with the frozen lake, I realized I would need to extend the levels of characters to something like 150. Act1 will probably finish with you around 35-40. Leveling in the first few zones is pretty fast but it will greatly slow down, encouraging you to explore more since monsters in later zones will continue to significantly rise in difficulty. Alternatively, I could make act 5 a zone built exclusively for level 99 players. An extremely hardcore zone, so to speak. But I'd rather go with the former.

That said, the Frozen Lake has its own stories to tell. The best is probably the Corruption Drinker. They will randomly die for no reason at all. If they don't die, they'll attack their own bone walls they cast - generally spawning twice as many bone walls in the process. My theory is that this inanity makes them have an aneurism or brain hemorrhage that kills them.

By the way, when I said the Lake of the Unbroken is an elite zone with difficult encounters, I meant it.

My test necro, despite having indestructible summons and access to a 5k damage two-screen nuke, still manages to die very often due to stray boulders or getting locked in bone walls in this level. I know HKS dreads this place from KTD, and I've done my best to recreate that "oh god" feeling when you first run into Drinker packs.

Each Drinker has a curse. Weakness, Lower Resist, and Dim Vision (which doesn't seem to work on players). When you run into packs they'll spam these curses endlessly, countering each other's curses and generally driving you insane. Heaven help you if lower resist stays on, though.

Image~[Gameproc]~Image

Return to “The Doackendium”