Codename Loli - Premise - Future plans

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.

Moderator: IskatuMesk

User avatar

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8947
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘ జ్ఞ‌ా
Contact:
Status: Offline

Codename Loli - Premise - Future plans

Postby IskatuMesk » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:01 pm

As AO reaches its 50% mark and the majority of heavy work is behind me, I have been thinking about the future. The future of myself and my position in the community.

The announcement of starcraft 2 created a lot of excitement but as time passed that excitement has really died down. I now have doubts if I will even be buying the game. In either case, with AO progressing fairly fast even with Bipolar standing in its way, I thought it would be a good point to conclude AO's production with my retirement.

I will no longer be around other sites that much once AO is finished, and the public spotlight on my modding will pretty much vanish save this forum right here, where I will post developer journals and other such things. AO will surely be the last starcraft project I work on. Any plans to to mod SC2 are pretty much dust in the wind right now. The future of ITASUS does not look good at all.

So I will be working on a different semi-private project. I am going back to my roots and completely ignoring adapting to new games. Instead, I will take on modding diablo 2 a third time. In my previous efforts, they were lost to a HD crash and my motivation to mod the game anymore pretty much vanished. But now, many years later, I have become wiser, and d2 has been patched. More tools have been released, more is understood about the new patches, and those that remain in the d2 community are quite helpful and knowledgeable.

So I decided to revive my d2 modding. I am mostly just going to mess with monsters and maps for now. Just like KTD, I'll be building the game around massive pre-built 250x250 maps.

I have the support of one of the d2 community's top members who is willing to step in and investigate any problems I encounter with these maps. As you may or may not know, in KTD, one of the biggest problems was that the maps had weird tiles all over the place I initially suspected to be a result of worldspace conflicts. But apparently this is a myth, and a lot of bugs were fixed in 1.10. So if I run into it again, I'll at least have someone to investigate it for me more thoroughly. Also on my side is the ability to add new monsters in without much trouble as opposed to requiring extensive hex editing among other things in 1.08.

Image

So yeah. Just going to truck along and start posting journals soon.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

User avatar

chris
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Posts: 655
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:09 am
Status: Offline

Re: Codename Loli - Premise - Future plans

Postby chris » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:37 am

Could you at least wait for SC2 to be released before you say something like this?

I mean, what the hell? All of a sudden you lost faith in SC? Listen, I realise there are alot of units in SC2 that may not be pretty right now, but remeber, the original starcraft had a development just like this.

Mate, you're overeacting.
So is Oracle (but in a good way)
Things will pick up soon  :)

stop counting your chickens before they are being hatched and just wait for Blizzard to release the game. :)
Zilla- wrote:campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest

Lavarinth on podcast wrote:Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.

User avatar

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8947
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘ జ్ఞ‌ా
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Codename Loli - Premise - Future plans

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:09 am

The units have no bearing on whether I mod SC2 or not. Blizzard's stance on the game and their attitude towards modders, however, does.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

User avatar

UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Posts: 853
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:36 pm
Location: Canada, BC
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Codename Loli - Premise - Future plans

Postby UntamedLoli » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:18 am

It's really simple, ignore blizzards views because any limitations probobly won't be there for long.
Image
Image

User avatar

chris
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Posts: 655
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:09 am
Status: Offline

Re: Codename Loli - Premise - Future plans

Postby chris » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:59 am

Doctor Doack wrote:The units have no bearing on whether I mod SC2 or not. Blizzard's stance on the game and their attitude towards modders, however, does.
You are going to let a company decide what you mod!? Thats what modding is all about! Its about showing gaming companies that you're better. Its about sticking up to them and showing them where their faults are.
Answer me this, could blizzard have made Armageddon onslaught? NO!

Don't quit man, the worldwide gaming community needs you!
You're king of the universe, the star craft universe.
Zilla- wrote:campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest

Lavarinth on podcast wrote:Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.

User avatar

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8947
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘ జ్ఞ‌ా
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Codename Loli - Premise - Future plans

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:05 pm

HKS> We'll have to see. That depends on the SC2 community having coders that aren't dumb like wc3's.

Chris> Now you're not even making any sense. Of course companies decide what you mod.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

User avatar

chris
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Posts: 655
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:09 am
Status: Offline

Re: Codename Loli - Premise - Future plans

Postby chris » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:29 am

Doctor Doack wrote:HKS> We'll have to see. That depends on the SC2 community having coders that aren't dumb like wc3's.
WC3 didn't have arthur and merlin.

Chris> Now you're not even making any sense. Of course companies decide what you mod.
*checks out the two new threads*
whatever I give up. But I still think you're making a big mistake.
Zilla- wrote:campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest

Lavarinth on podcast wrote:Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.

User avatar

Taeradun
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Posts: 1032
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:08 pm
Location: AU
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Codename Loli - Premise - Future plans

Postby Taeradun » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:55 am

actually I don't think it's a mistake at all since it sounds like he's saying he's not coming up with any grandiose plans for SC2 before the game's even fucking released like everyone else is (and has a right to) and can't forsee himself doing anything in SC2 for now

it'd be worse, given his situation (which is completely different from Oracle's etc), to make all these big fancy announcements and post thread after thread of OMG LOL THIS IS WHAT IM GONNA DO IN A COUPLE OF YEARS WHEN I BUY SC2 and then totally lose interest or die or something a month later anyway :P

hats off to you mesk
Image

User avatar

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator
Posts: 6590
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: His Ashworld Planet
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Codename Loli - Premise - Future plans

Postby Lavarinth » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:27 am

Agreed. Hats off. And tossed in the air celebration style, not placed against chest in sympathy style.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator


Return to “The Doackendium”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests