Important notice about FTP files

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.

Moderator: IskatuMesk

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Important notice about FTP files

Postby IskatuMesk » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:01 pm

I have been informed that Dreamhost's unlimited service is apparently not unlimited, and they are upset that files are not being downloaded. Yeah, they apparently don't charge by bandwidth. Or something.

The end result is that all current LP data available via FTP is in danger of being totally destroyed in less than a day. While there is a small chance I will be able to dodge this, because the LP data is probably the only files being accesse, as of this writing almost all old content including all content from the Epic Video thread is no longer available as it has been purged. If you would like any of these old videos you will have to personally ask me via PM or such and give me an AIM account to send the file to.

In the event that this is not enough, all LP content will have to be purged and moved to either Archive.org or a separate youtube account. While I am unsure if Archive.org will... facilitate my unique casting style for LP's, they do have an entire section devoted to LP's. But I'd rather not make the transition unless I absolutely have to.

At this point there is nothing I can do besides purge all extra weight and hope for the best.

Purged files include -

- All LP content predating 2010, including Mystic Quest, the old XXE series, 2042, HoMM5 and others.
- All mod data and related media except for AO3.0 and Kirky's BNW mod.
- All archives and personal material excluding SFX archives which are currently listed and available at sc2mapster.com
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Re: Important notice about FTP files

Postby Ricky_Honejasi » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:24 am

Now this also include more files purged :

L4D2 (lulzs and lulz_campaign)
teemlikwidblogvod
ut3lulz
and some other side videos off the epicvideo folder.

I downloaded them, erased off Dreamhost, all in hope to avoid a negative judgement from Dreamhost. Since I have a much higher bandwidth limit than Mesk's, I will be able to reupload them either to Dreamhost if all goes well or to whatever new site/server/etc. Mesk would like to.

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Important notice about FTP files

Postby IskatuMesk » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:41 pm

To iterate on this, the following have been removed from the FTP completely -

- All SFX packs except for Black Sun and Bloodstone. This includes all of the material I had listed on sc2 mapster and my music.
- All old video files that survived the original purge have been now purged, except for LP's.
- All mod related data except AO 3.0 has been removed.

The model pack remains (I think). I shall also continue to provide services to Kirky from AoW2.

In the event you want something that has been removed, such as the SFX packs, feel free to AIM me at Ascherzon and I'll send you the file.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

Return to “The Doackendium”