LP Update/Comment Thread

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: LP Update/Comment Thread

Post by IskatuMesk »

Viking seg 4 is available, micro versions have lagged behind as I have had too much work to do and no motivation to do it for weeks.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Sync work begins on Killzone 3, segments 5 and 6 for Viking were edited in a one-night stand with ropar.

Killzone 3 is just as desynced if not even moreso than Viking. As a shooter, I can easily use gunshots to base syncs off of. Supposedly. The noise level in this game is MUCH higher, and I immediately ran into confusion and rage just trying to sync the first cinematic. I hope this LP is worth it.

My mood and stability is all over the place, making some more basic stuff much harder. I have the micro versions of seg 4 on the FTP, I just need to name and edit everything.

Oh yeah, and Sekrit Projekt F finally begins. Slow it shall be... but worth it? Perhaps.

XXE 5 awaits less busy times to continue work.

Killzone 3 and Projekt F take priority now. I let people catch up on Viking since no one has asked me about it despite the slowness.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Viking segment 4 micro encodes, and segment 5 plus segment 6 (final) standard encodes are now available. The last two micro encodes will hopefully follow today or tomorrow but you know how I am about staying on time.

Do note that I did encode 5/6 with lower settings as the HDR shader makes the game rather blurry and it isn't taking advantage of the major encode.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Verification of Earthbound continues with segment 1 now available. I snuck in the micro encode of segment 5 of Viking in the process. Recording of Hunted begins, as does encoding (which is taking a VERY long time.) Expecting Hunted to be extremely large file-size with encoded segments of 1:30 hours averaging 4gb.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Segment 2 of Earthbound is available!

Some additional, important information -

I have been made aware that the aspect ratio in the Earthbound LP was not getting saved properly when it was encoded. Pretty much any media player worth its weight in bear semen will allow you to override the aspect ratio - it might already be doing it for you. If it isn't, the video files may appear as though they are widescreen when they should not be. This will be most apparent when you see my cursor on the screen - if it looks short and fat, shorter and fatter than it should, the aspect ratio is most assuredly defaulting to 16:9. You should set it to 4/3. I am trying to fix it as best I can without any experience in dealing with this. Segment 2 is set to 4/3 in mkvmerge so it should look "fixed", but I don't think the aspect ratio is actually supposed to be 4/3. It's just much closer than widescreen.

Anyways, enjoy!
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Alright.

I uploaded the last of Viking Concise and that ends that stupidly long-winded production. I am turning my attention to the continued verification of Earthbound and the editing of Killzone 3. Neph sent me an emu/rom of Mother 3 to try out sometime. I still have a lot of potential candidates for future recording but they'll probably wait until I've caught up in my work.

Also I finally convinced Lav to add spoiler tags, so this will allow me to organize the LP thread a bit better when I get to it.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Added Viking Seg 6 micro, which concludes my time with Viking. Hope you enjoyed it!

Added Segment 3 of Earthbound.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Alrighty, so here's where we stand right now.

After being told by several people they'd rather have Earthbound or Dante's Inferno over Killzone 3, I've put the fixing of Killzone 3 at the lowest priority of all my LP work. I am at a backlog which is something I've wanted to avoid but, hey, I can't fix my moodswings and motivate myself very easily.

Earthbound seg 4 is started verifying.
Dante's Inferno hasn't actually been started yet but hopefully it doesn't need any syncing. After the feedback provided after CH6 I won't be making a concise version of it like I first planned, I'll be supplying the whole thing.
I was supplied a fan translated version of Mother 3 + emulator by Neph, who also informed me on a possible workaround to the issues I had recording certain n64 roms like Body Harvest. Squee! I need to try it first, on a good day.

I attempted to LP DNF but ragequit.
I attempted to LP Dungeon Siege 3 and ragequit. Even worse than DNF. What the fuck did they do to make the controls even worse than the first 2 fucking games, which I already hated for their controls? And Mandatory menu animations are you cereal?

^ Both those games are terrible.

I have started recording of Alice: Madness Returns after being peer pressured into anal. On Nightmare.

/edit (June 29)

All recording has ceased due to issues with fraps breaking shit. Recording will resume if/when a solution is found.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I think switching the drive to USB/upgrading fraps fixed the recording issue. Anyways, I think I am on the last third/quarter of the game now.

Work on Black Sun continues meanwhile.

/edit

Alice recording complete.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Due to mic problems the entire Alice LP is a total loss, and potentially the mic itself as well.

This blow is enormous to my continued production of video content.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I have done a secondary assessment of Alice.

The game is split into 6 significant chapters. Of these chapters, around 30-40 or so estimated minutes of the later half of Chapter 2 is missing mic audio. This includes an extremely hard fight I was raging on.

Chapter 6 entirely is missing mic audio start to finish, but all the way to the end of chapter 5 seems to have audio. Chapters 1,3, and 4 seem to be entirely intact.

Although the damaged areas are missing mic audio they still retain game audio, due to the fact I was recording from two sources.

I will need to encode everything to take a look at the waveforms to get a true feel for the scale of the damage I am looking at, but overall I think I may be able to re-cast those areas in the future and recover this immense project.
Another option is to entirely replay those sections and re-record in the future.

My first priority when I get back to work is finishing verifying Earthbound. I will follow this with either Dante's Inferno or Hunted editing/encoding/verifying.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Uploads
Earthbound Segment 4 is available! Yeah, I know, I've been slow in getting this out. I want to get 5-6 out faster than this but no promises.

Hunted
I did a test encode of Hunted. 1920x1200 -> 1680x1050 seems to have worked fine. Unless I miscalculated the aspect ratio, I'm going to go with this. 4.4 gigs for nearly 5 hours. Not bad at all. Of course there'll be the micro version as well but that's easy. There's a bit of distortion but not too bad.

Alice

I went ahead and just deleted all of the videos that fraps partially damaged instead of trying to repair them one by one. In the video I repaired, it was missing audio entirely for a good part and I am far too lazy and unwilling to try to fix them on a per-part basis. I lose around 10 minutes or so of (partially repeated) gameplay and anger as a result. I did, however, preserve two important recordings between the more lively area of fraps breaking shit. This will likely be a bit jarring when it comes to watching but probably not too bad since I wasn't losing a lot of action-related time, just platforming for the most part.

I removed DNF from the LP consideration list because, quite frankly, some games are just too terrible for me to LP.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Alrighty.

HKS was over for a while and I took a few days break from my work other than a little encoding. Here's what we're looking at.

Alice >

I re-recorded chapter 5-6. I think I ended up skipping a good portion of it and it went faster than my last run. The cast is, of course, not as good as the original would have been if I still had it. But I felt like doing it, so I did, just to get it out of the way.

Supreme Commander 2 >

I started recording this a few days ago and am now almost finished the game. I lost two hours of mic audio due to windows changing devices around like a dumbass, re-recorded those missions and AFAIK nothing else is wrong with it so far. I hope you like rage/ranting because this LP had a fair bit of it.

God of War 1&2 >

HKS lent me his HD versions of these games and I will start on them after I am done SupCom and verify my audio setup won't break during recording.

Earthbound >

I will soon start verifying segment 5 as I need to rest my hands for GoW runs (they are going to suck for my wrist).

/edit

Finished SupCom 2. Man, this game is bad.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Earthbound seg 5 available!
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

The 6th and final Earthbound segment is now available!