LP Update/Comment Thread

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: LP Update/Comment Thread

Post by IskatuMesk »

Whew, it's been a busy month-ish with work really piling in the last two weeks. All sorts of things from hand scrubbing off what I presume to be black mold for an hour+, scrubbing cat hair off stairs, endless cleaning of windows and other such things. My arthritis is not pleased and I am rediscovering how much my feet hurt when carrying heavy things (had to throw out about 6 boxes of books).

Yesterday we had Open House and it unadulterated chaos. At least 70-80 people showed up. Most of them were apparently interested in buying, with some of them being investors. Whatever is going to happen will probably be clear within the following week.

As some of you know, I'm actually in the midst of an opportunity that came up to create a World of Warcraft series demonstrating the Art of Blizzard and this fantastically polished title. Unfortunately, that opportunity is very restricted by the 7 free days that popped up, a lot of which has been consumed by IRL work. However, suffice to say significant amounts of video will still come as a result of this even if I can't complete it to my specifications.

This video is also going to be used for EDU 6-5 which I hope to start on after I'm done this.

I'm shuffling my priorities a bit, and I think I'll work on the next XXE once (if) things settle down since Steak has been sending me an amount of very silly video and I still have quite a few other recordings.

I've been recording Kingdom Hearts a little bit in the last while, but that got caught up in the IRL shitstorm, too. This is another Rancid title.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I recorded what I could of WoW but the housework and real estate garbage sucked over half my available time, so it isn't nearly as comprehensive as I wanted. As things continue to degrade and I have less time to commit to video work I find myself questioning if I'll be able to finish this series before I have to pack up - potentially for good.

Let it be known I utterly despise being a renter. There is so much straight up lying to our face and deliberate efforts to screw us over it's getting insane. This is just going to keep happening over and over and there's utterly nothing I can do about it but spread them cheeks.
Jee-Host[gm]
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester

Post by Jee-Host[gm] »

Thanks for XXE 23. It's just like a breath of fresh air... In a goatse-do kinda way, but still ^_^

KnoutOut wrote:or the freezing colds of Siberia. And they must never come back.... yeeeah.....
No thank you, we don't need that slop polluting our nature. Just flush those orabs down the toilet, ya know...
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Given the fact I've lost about 80% of the last month to house work and meeting the demands of countless last-minute walkthrough appointments, my work has been all but paralyzed. I'm extremely bitter about losing recording time on the WoW footage and haven't been able to put any time in EDU 6-5 or the other stuff I was working on at all. The housing situation degrades day by day and I just don't have the time to do much else besides scarcely keep up with the appointments being sent my way.

There's lots of talk about illegally subdividing the house to put more people in here because that's a thing east indians do a lot here.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

The mystery resolution to the housing situation is no longer a mystery!!!!

A new coffee hour has been released.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

There's a few people waiting to hear on housing news and I haven't much energy or time to elaborate but here's a quick rundown.

- New landlord says he'll talk over the phone.
> Turns out he's coming over the next day
> Arrangements finalized for HKS to move over, also on same day.
> Shaw is to come over and hook up his internet on same day.
> HKS runs late by several hours, putting his first arrival (out of 4) within 2 hours of the landlord.
> Shaw internal management efficiently ensures the tech has to stand around waiting an hour just to get the modem to hook up.
> Third shipment/shaw guy leave within like 5 minutes of the landlord showing up.
- Turns out it's a real estate agent when the guy said he'd work directly with us, then says the landlord is coming over with his wife next day.
> Next morning my grandmother wakes up HKS to bitch the shit out of him for not having cleaned up his room even though he just moved in, amongst a myriad other things
> quickly degrades and results in HKS deciding to move out
> scarcely get things in order before landlord shows up
> landlord brings not simply his wife but two clown cars of hindus who never speak a word of English to us even when making the contract even though they said "hello" to me in clearly fluent English
> sign 1-year contract with a significant rent hike, but at least we don't have to move and the rent is still less than the totally disastrous mess we were checking out a few weeks ago
- Meanwhile everything other than that just goes straight to shit and there is probably irrevocably bad blood between HKS' family and my grandmother because she can't speak her disagreements or observations with a hint of foresight.

So basically, I am staying where I'm living but the tough just got a whole lot tougher and HKS is down $150 and a lot of housing opportunities he had to give up just to move shit back and forth over several days.
KnoutOut
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Post by KnoutOut »

Oof! Hey, at least you are not out on the street. I was afraid, this was going to be the end, I hate to see people suffer fates like these. In the very least, this will give you more time to think about the next move. HKS getting suckered by grannie though, that's really bad, that should not have happened. Did you bring your lolli-doll collection with you, or how did you manage to give her a total meltdown within a single day?

In any case, I hope that whatever you got yourselves into is going to work out, at least there is _some_ hope.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I don't really know what her problem is, but HKS (very understandably) didn't want to deal with it because we all knew it'd just get worse and he's dealt enough with that kind of shit in the near past.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I was going to make a Coffee Hour for this but I guess it really isn't necessary.

Tonight I'm going to release two segments for Ico, since HKS took back the game since it's unlikely we'll see each other again for a very long time. He mentioned digitally buying it for me but that's probably a very long ways off. So, though this run is being added to the Graveyard, it will most certainly be finished when I am able to.

Housing is now considered stable. It will be tough to survive, but I'm committed to making up for lost time and getting back on work immediately.

This weekend was one of the most toxic social experiences I have ever endured. I'm making a new HPBDSMF album to detox. This is my current priority, next to EDU 6-5 and the WoW compilation, followed by Kingdom Hearts. I'm clearing my slate beyond that - I'll do whatever tickles my rudder when the time comes. Right now my drives are full so I can't record much until I've finished what I started earlier in the year. That also includes the next XXE, of which a ton of cross converted and ancient footage is chewing space atm so I want to get that done sometime soon, too.

I'm considering options to recover from the lost time and opportunity I had with the free WoW time for the compilation. Currently, I'm using the Starter Edition mode to record some of the easily accessible areas I skipped over.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I decided I would record a coffee hour after all just to get everything onto the table. That is now available.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

The first seven parts for the WoW Rant series 2 are now up, along with the old 2011 video, in the compilations section.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I have released 4 more videos for the WoW Rant series 2.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Alright, so here's my plans now that the dust is settling and summer is coming upon us.

During this summer I'll be trying to make up for all the lost time from stress, housing, whathaveyou and finish the major compilations I started last year. Those include Sonic 2006, Mucky's DKS3 compilation, and the WoW series which is probably about halfway finished. There's also another XXE worth of material I need to sort out and then tackle which will be my second highest priority following the wow series. Clearing both of these will give me disk space I haven't had since early last year.

WoW recordings are time sensitive. They are the highest priority and will consume most of my time for a while, but the end result will be worth it. I am working on this basically every day, now. The mostm time consuming part is, as usual, the insane encode times.

I have BlazBlue footage to edit since a year ago. I'm going to put it into XXE probably. Mostly French cries of pain.

Once my work on WoW is finished I will complete Ico and Kingdom Hearts. I've had Skyrimjob ready to record since December, but I won't start it until I am more caught up because that will destroy drive space fast.

There's also Divinity: Original Sin 2. Schwa's been hard to get a hold of and I haven't had drive space to commit to it. Things will clear up soon and I'll be able to start again, but it's more editing overhead and I'd rather get caught up on other stuff before doing even more vegas work at this time.

I scrapped my work on Edu 6-5 and decided to just backburn the series because I forgot what I was going to discuss and there's no point rushing it.

I'm scrapping the heroes replays I casted before and scrapping plans to return to the ones I could cast. I doubt I will ever touch that game again given the lack of a group to play with. That may change in the future, but not in the foreseeable future.

I've decided not to delete the D&D videos I have recorded from LMOP/Fists before being forced out of them, but I won't be working on them for a very long time. I'm backburning them indefinitely. I have SS videos to cast - they're going to be done once WoW rant series 2 is done, since they're just dev commentaries (for now) and are easy to do.

There's a myriad of castovers and stuff that will be recorded in the foreseeable future for castovers. I'm going to prioritize certain runs to get them done sooner - most notably some gorb runs I have to cast. But there's several overall.

Once immediate editing overhead is largely dealt with I'll think about sliding in some shorter arcade and emulated titles to LP.

Only once most of this work is done will I add anything else to the short-term todo list.

Things have been very rough the last few years, but this is our best chance to make amends for it all. I sincerely hope nothing else comes to fuck with me.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

WoW Rant 2 10, 2b-3, 2c-1/2 released.
KnoutOut

Post by KnoutOut »

I took a bite at your WOW rants, I like the mini-edu feel about it, you can still take away something related to game creation. You've been cracking reaaaally badly at the sight of some shitty planes and effects. For instance, 1 minute of laughter at some fucked up particle effect on a cannon, I didn't think it was that funny, since for a good portion of time you already showed plenty of instances where things were messed up, really messed up, sloppy, lazily shoved through, incorrect etc., it's essentially beating a dead HORSE.

But since you like to have a good laugh, I had a special video that found it's way in my suggestion list, and after watching for 5 minutes, I had to come here and share this with you.

I present to you, "The Day Mass Effect Died"

[bbvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/jiAL3UefOro[/bbvideo]