LP Update/Comment Thread

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.
Revolta
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Re: LP Update/Comment Thread

Post by Revolta »

LMAO

can we donate booze or something
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

man I wish you could donate booze
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

LMAO

All of this is due to some kind of bug/glitch in the government's system and they blew up a ton of people's pensions and now have to redo it all by hand.

ofc there is no compensation or anything for screwing everything up for countless people literally two days before billing typically happens.

Luckily we managed to dodge the bullet through theft and using every last drop of our emergency savings...
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

HKS has streamed to me a run of the hip new "dmc" game that the incompetent hacks at ninja theory phoned in, and boy this will make good footage for a compilation alright!

I'll just add that to the miles-long to-do list that has been paralyzed by the 35-40c heat we've been getting for two months.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Our air quality has been the worst in the world or something for quite a while, now, with clouds of smoke engulfing my household being a regular occurrence for the last three weeks. Coupled with months of insane heat, and summer slammed us harder than it has in the past despite a long history of trouble with it.

However, as of today the temperatures are starting to getting manageable again. This means (hopefully) picking up where we left off!

Recently I re-arranged the D&D section on the site somewhat, releasing four new videos and removing a few old and discontinued ones.
Jee-Host[gm]
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester

Post by Jee-Host[gm] »

How do people even live there in Canada? It's supposed to be a northern sorta country, no? Here in mother Russia I'm practically disabled when it gets close to 30c, but thankfully that's not very often around my neighborhood.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I stop functioning around 20c, so the 35-40c we've had for most of the summer has been unbearable. The smoke has made it even worse, since we don't have AC and have to seal windows to prevent inhaling too much of it. It's still smokey today, but the heat has gone down to more bearable levels.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Things are extremely rough irl right now, but a new unannounced LP is nearly done being recorded.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

One of the runs lost in the file table rollover years ago sees a new recording in recent times. Experience the Sonic 2006 of third-person shooters! Space Marine is now available!

Also, the LP list in the thread has been nuked and the header just points to the actual site, now.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Today was supposed to be a good day.

Today was supposed to be an average day.

But I guess "average" means "sheer insanity", now, after all, right?

Behold the utter, wild incompetence of the Canadian government once more.

I went to get the mail today. The conversation I had with my grandmother was a lot like this.

"Why does the mail say "To the Late X [My Grandmother] (laughs)"

"What?"

"Why does this say you're dead" ... "Why does it say you can't claim your GST because you're dead" ... "Why does it say you owe money!?" (Being 1/2 below the poverty line, we never owe money.)

We joked when I read this. It wasn't two months ago the Government withheld her Pension - along with many others - for no discernable reason other than "issues" on their end. We learned of it being held only two days before billing day on rent and other things. It took everything we had - money saved from the free month early in the year when the house transitioned, my birthday money from internet comrades - to just barely make the rent, and even then we had to go in debt before the pension finally came into our possession towards the end of the month. We weren't compensated, of course.

This wasn't a time to joke.

My grandmother is currently considered deceased by social insurance.

This means most public services, such as banking, have received a notice of her passing and are either disabling services related to her or already have. I tried to purchase water from town square and couldn't use her credit card at all.

The implications are pretty severe. Her pension will be withheld for the same reason the GST is withheld - the recipient is dead, according to their records.

Somehow, the government - most likely the individual she consulted with over two months ago asking about other possible benefits we could receive - has flagged her down on her social insurance as deceased without any actual proof, such as a death certificate or a doctor's declaration.

It isn't the 28th, but when we asked about if we'll even be able to get her pension or GST at all, the representatives said they "didn't know".

How is this even possible? How is a service critical to the survival of so many, responsible for money they are legally entitled to, so utterly unbelievably incompetent? How is it no one is held accountable and no compensation granted for fucking over the lives of people so brazenly and carelessly?

As I sat down a few minutes ago, dusting out the multiple dead case fans in this computer, scraping cat hair out of the cpu heat sink, rebooting after a sudden thunderstorm blew out power and nearly destroyed everything for the nth time, I realize that the wild ride of the end of 2013 will never actually end until that one thing happens that fucks me over irreversible. Each and every week always has some new absurdity to take hold and fuck up everything. It has become a comedic golden rule. From surprise plumbing bills to government lunacy, the ride simply doesn't end.

I want off Mr. Bones' Wild Ride.
wibod
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by wibod »

JUST
Jee-Host[gm]

Post by Jee-Host[gm] »

As you adequately put - "There can only be one conductor of the mantrain!"
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Coffee Hour 18 and 3 episodes for a new podcast are now available.

/e

The James Bond & Anime articles from my blog in 2015-2016 have been refurbished a little and posted in the Articles section.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Ok, so re-calibrating the Schwa Sonic 2006 footage is going to be a bit tougher than just changing a few knobs in ffmpeg.

I'm actually running two Levels filters in Vegas because the original videos were crushed (capture card/stream) and then vegas was crushing it a second time. Secondly, the stream is actually stretched vertically (1680x1050 instead of 720p) so I have to smash that, too. No easy way to do this and separate it from Schwa's camera in the few segments it exists since I can't make it a track feature apparently, just the actual media setting.

Sometimes I feel like I should document all the video insanity I've dealt with over the years.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

A new article detailing the insanity of dealing with video content over the years has been released. This isn't complete, there's still some details to remember and/or actually add yet. But it's readable.