LP Update/Comment Thread

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.
nu1x
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Re: LP Update/Comment Thread

Post by nu1x »

IskatuMesk wrote:DDDA recordings are complete. Processing is around 80% complete.

It looks fascinating, I hope the game does not disappoint.
ArcCain
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor

Post by ArcCain »

The knife can kill nearly any enemy in the game by the press of one button. It will cause graphical issues though from time to time if I recall correctly.

Is it recommended to see the first lp of Dragon's Dogma before DDDA?
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Yes. This is a supplemental run. I skip and timelapse and cut a tremendous amount of stuff, including all of the quests and dialogue I saw in the first game. The cutting gets more aggressive later on (I didn't even bother to record most of the arena grinding or dragonforge grinding).

This is however the last run that should need any kind of editing for a very long time.

The new mic is proving to be a challenge to balance the volume with as Seg16 will show.

/e

Editing and encoding completed for DDDA. So long as no more segments have issues like the one did, this will be available soon.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

DDDA is now available!

Since DDDA is a supplementary run, it is included in the original DD page. Please note that the review and a very short seg 17 remain to be processed, but the main segments are up. These should be up soon.

/e

Review is up.

/e 2

Fraps just fucked two hours of audio in a spellforce recording by making the mic sound like a 2khz mess from being 44khz instead of 48khz. LOL TECHNOLOGY

Also my ur-dragon recordings have no audio at all because windows reset the default device XDDDDDDDDDDD
wibod
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by wibod »

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
nu1x

Post by nu1x »

Wise man say, "Check device early, check device often".
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Post by Xenon »

I remember you saying you wanted to do Body Harvest but it doesn't work well on emulators. The good news is that a video plugin called Shunyuan's SoftGraphic 1.5.0 seems to fix its issues. The bad news is that software graphics emulation takes a ridiculous amount of CPU power and I can't run it without lag.

If you do decide to do it, you might want to show the little-known disabled cheats described here: https://tcrf.net/Body_Harvest

I actually went to the trouble of looking through the memory to find the cheat strings, and only found that page after I enabled them myself. The sad part is that so many cheat codes sites have listed an invincibility cheat that doesn't work at all, ever since the game came out. The real one gives you this fancy blue shield and everything.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Yeah, I've wanted to do Body Harvest for like 5-6 years. I have an n64 and the game but I'd probably get a shitty interlaced stream just like I do the ps2. If I get some money excess I might look into a hardware converter and figure out how much latency they add. Software emulation is pretty hard on the cpu, it's why I can't do ps2 emulation (some of them require it). I plan to look into n64 emulation again in the future (maybe summer), so I'll remember to check your post when I do.

/edit

Started Dante's Inferno.

It's just like all the horrible memories told me it was.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

A new Coffee Hour is now available.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Three new educational productions (two video one audio-only) are now available. For those who were waiting for me to finally attempt something at training voice acting/casting, your wait is coming to an end, though there are a few subjects I need to record still (such as more in-depth editing).

Keen eyes will catch a month's worth of dust and remnants of the last coffee disaster. And also a strip of paint that was yanked off from the landlord painting over a roger's cable the shaw guy had no hesitation in tearing out like a prickly zit.

/e

5 new League videos are now up. This concludes what interesting recordings I was able to gather before everyone quit again.
Revolta
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Post by Revolta »

Download LSI (lol summoner information), lots of replays you can look at from other people. Plus they can send files to you if they have the programme too.

gonna check out the educational vids though, thanks.

wait i'm trying to find them and i don't see them anywhere? Are they on gameproc?
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Yes. Everything is on Gameproc. The edu videos are under the Extras section (though they are quickly growing to the point I may make their own section soon).

Is LSI built into the League client? Can fraps hook it?

/edit

god dante's inferno is terrible, why am I doing this
Revolta

Post by Revolta »

LSI is an external program that just launches the league client into a replay mode, where you record the league client itself, but if league is open at the time you have to reload your own client after the replay is done. If it's not open i think it works just fine after since it just asks you to log in
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Recordings for Dante's Inferno are complete and the next ps3 title has been started. I have also made minor progress on Spellforce. The heat is upon us and fans are starting up, so I am hoping to get as much ps3 stuff done as possible before it gets too hot to run it anymore. This will mean a frantic grind over the coming weeks as it has been with DI the last week or so. Between that and Spellforce, despite the 2 hours of totally hosed mic audio, and an eventual return to the painful mess I left ff6 in, I hope to make up for the laziness of the first quarter of the year.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Gameproc has seen some organization updates (which I am still working on) and a new educational video for editing audio.