LP Update/Comment Thread

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.
ArcCain
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor

Re: LP Update/Comment Thread

Post by ArcCain »

People who already bought it are lining up to buy it again.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Recording of Alice is complete.

Will probably do Ai Chou Aniki and Spellforce next, alongside FF6 when I feel like this.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Alice is now available! I've also done some more thread cleanup. I haven't finished the review yet, though.
KnoutOut
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Post by KnoutOut »

avaible so quickly? I'm still recovering from the goat attack by watching the civ game where furious camels bite down dangerous untamed barbarians. I'll look into it anyway, I want to see what made you get so mad at this game :3
KnoutOut

Post by KnoutOut »

oh boy!
KnoutOut

Post by KnoutOut »

Spoiler
That's why I put this always on F4 and F5. But man, this game really lives on the ocean bottom of quality, it certainly lives up to being a wonderland, seeing how everything is so fucked up, hahaha.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Yeah, the F keys are too hard to hit on this keyboard (they're actually under the top of the desk). Tears awaited.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Ai Chou Aniki and the Alice review are both available.
nu1x

Post by nu1x »

Did a test donation of 10 CAD, if this goes through with no probs I may donate more later, when my limited budget allows. Damn, I got countless hours of entertainment from you, so this is the least I can do. No strings attached.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Yup, I see it! Thanks :D

/edit

Spellforce run is discontinued. 3+ hours of gameplay lost due to the fact the game doesn't confine the mouse on multi-monitor and accidentally clicked off monitor, resulting in crash. Autosave doesn't autosave on map transitions or anything logical like that. Waste of time.

If I find a program that forces the game to properly fullscreen I will off-camera a return to where I was and continue, but for now I am considering this dormant.

/edit 2

Jesus, that feel when 3 hours just vanishes trying to figure out why audition is giving me a shorter audio stream for this castover than it should be. I still don't know why, I had to do this is in an unorthodox way.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

The worst of my fears has come to pass. A yellow spot has formed on the other cat eye. The one that hasn't seen issue in over a year. I have no idea how or why. It sickens me that I am even typing this right now. I have almost no resources left from before, only half a bottle of one of the antibiotics. As far I can understand, a very tiny ulcer formed on the eye two days ago and is infected now. There is virtually no irritation or swelling, but that is probably a bad thing more than a good thing. And this is after we cut her nails... I don't understand. I have some money to spare if this gets worse, but granny is too sick to drive herself to the hospital much less take a cat to the vet and wait hours for various prescriptions. I can only hope the tiny scale of the infection and the fact it hasn't really gotten worse are all signs it will blow over soon. If not... well. The stress has already ruined my productivity once again. I am really tired of living like this.

/e

HKS suggested to try turning the monitors off extended mode for Spellforce, so I'll give that a try when I feel up to it.

The cat is just running around knocking things across the room.

/e 2

Grandmother getting worse and now getting driven to emergency.

Hello stress, my old friend.

/e 3

I have released the Bubsy 3d castover early to spread the suffering.
Dread
Terran Command Center Custodian

Post by Dread »

First and foremost I'm hoping that your grandmother gets well soon. If she's even half as tenacious as you are I'm sure she'll pull through.

I couldn't help but come across your post regarding your cat, vet, prescriptions, etc.

I just wanted to check but are you getting the prescriptions written/filled with the vet or are you just getting the prescriptions written at the vet and then going to some pharmacy to get them filled?

I'm asking because I brought your situation up to someone I know that's been a pharmacist forever when earlier today she mentioned to me that she'd filled a prescription intended for a horse.

She told me that a vet will write a prescription and fill them but normally they'll be charging considerably more than if you just get the prescription written by the vet and get it filled at a pharmacy (i.e. Shoppers, London Drugs, Safeway, Walmart, etc..., the cheapest). Most prescriptions for animals related to things like eye issues (i.e. antibiotics, eye drops, etc.) will probably be available for far less in a pharmacy.

Let me know what the situation is because if I can find a way to help I certainly would.
- - - Dread
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

The vet can't fill 99% of the prescriptions so, yeah, most are coming from a pharmacy. They still average $40 a piece.

also wtf where did you come from

/edit

Gamproc synced to include Bubsy 3D and the new XXE 19, released just new. Note I plan to eventually replace most of the thread content with links to the site and have the thread merely be an alternate index, but this will be a while later.
Dread

Post by Dread »

I don't know. I don't think I ever left? If you mean why am I home today instead of at work then the answer is really rather simple. Last night the hot water faucet in my bathroom basin exploded in a geyser-style fashion when I went to wash my hands. It was pretty impressive. The entire assembly went straight to the ceiling, along with the water, and rained down on me and the bathroom as I dropped under the sink and grabbed my sillcock key to shutoff the water.

It also, along with literally everything else, managed to take out my phone. Thankfully I have managed to resurrect the device with a large container of rice. Funny though how hard it is calling/being available to take a call from a plumber when my phone is on the fritz.

So between the cleanup and having the plumbers come checkout what happened, which turns out to be an old faucet with bad threading, well, I wasn't going to make it into work. The first time in history that I've called out. Oh well. Shit happens. Good god, thankfully this was potable water.

Anyway. Shiny new faucet.

I know the prescriptions can add up but it's at least better than if the vet could/was filling those prescriptions for you. The costs would be astronomical.

I hope for nothing but the best for you and yours.
- - - Dread
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

hee hee, sillcock

I mean I haven't seen you in forever.

Honestly the few drugs I got at the vet were cheaper than those I got at the pharmacy by a tremendous margin (only Tobramycin, but that's $20 compared to the average of $40, so...) the major expenses came from hundreds of repeat visits and eventually the serum. Serum is insanely expensive. We're talking $40-60 for like three days worth of drops. Painkiller is also very expensive. $40 minimum for a very small vial. Thankfully they waived a bunch of those in August or I'd still be trying to pay it back today.