LP Update/Comment Thread

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: LP Update/Comment Thread

Post by IskatuMesk »

After a bit of delay due to my laziness, I have finally uploaded a new AWP episode that we recorded a few days ago.

The heat is slowly going down and a little more progress has been made on Jenkem Island. However, my mental state hasn't been in a good enough state to do public casting, so I haven't bothered pushing ahead with any of those plans.

Once again it seems unlikely I will get many of the games off my to-LP list this year. I will, however, at least do DMC 4 by winter.

/edit

NOTICE

I have abandoned youtube and will no longer be posting any updates or videos there at all. It is entirely and utterly pointless to service material across an inferior platform to a handful of viewers that already use the FTP.

Stats show a trend that XXE videos have less than 50% of their length viewed at the absolute maximum, while most videos, including Salvation, only attained 1 full viewing for over 155 people a piece. Basically, there's a few viewers and the rest are all bots. Most material is unlisted or tagless to prevent public searches, the 1200 something subs I have are basically all people who stopped using youtube after sc2 beta.

The MGEC and all following compilations including XXE, should it ever get any new entries, will be a part of the FTP. Existing material will not be re-uploaded due to living in canada and archaic internet limitations.

The LP thread has seen a few minor updates, including the to-LP list and the 2013 considerations list.
nu1x
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Post by nu1x »

Oh, okay.

BTW, in Yoshi's Island, are you going the completionist route (ie., all secrets, full clear) or most of the main levels only ?
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I would go insane if I tried to actively 100% this game, especially in an LP.

I'll try to grab what I can and I have a 100% save to do the bonus material with when I am done.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

A new AWP is now available.

As the temperatures have sky rocketed just as quickly as I thought they might subside, no further work on Retribution or any LP's has been made. However, HKS has finally found his way back to my backdoor and returned my Killzone 3, so I plan to run that in the very near future when I begin recording again.

I have recorded some 3d modeling material with the intention of starting the modeling portion of the MGEC by the year's end.

Seriously, I really fucking hate summer. I hope I can catch up during autumn and winter.

/edit

Sleep order has significantly shifted and the temperature has gone down a bit. Recording time!
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I have finished the progression of Yoshi's Island and now my next task is to clear all the bonus zones. No, did not 100% myself, I would have gone insane if I tried that (and I near went insane trying to 100% a few zones as it was).

I've started my re-cast of Killzone 3.

I will focus on video work to get rid of outstanding work like the XXE-worthy video bits I have to clear off my drives because they are seriously holding back drive space right now.

I have some MGEC material recorded that will be processed into videos in the near future, covering introduction to 3d graphics and 3d modeling, the most requested of subjects when I began making these a while ago.
Pr0nogo
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by Pr0nogo »

For your next AWP, I urge you to discuss the following: click.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

lol @ "mod"

I don't know how this hasn't gotten shut down yet, but honestly, this is more legit than planetary annihilation.
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

It's endorsed by Blizzard.
UntamedLoli

Post by UntamedLoli »

Pr0nogo wrote:It's endorsed by Blizzard.
I have a hard time believing content locked behind donating is endorsed by Blizzard or they were purposely vague. They've already gone after other maps for doing that. There isn't much to talk about otherwise than them being greedy assclowns that want their life funded.
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

Look at the pie chart at the bottom of the page and explain that to me. I could rant about that for several hours.

On Blizzard's involvement: http://games.on.net/2013/08/fan-made-st ... -blessing/
mark_009_vn
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by mark_009_vn »

IskatuMesk wrote:lol @ "mod"
lol @ indie
lol @ MMORPG Starcraft
lol @ retcons

lol @ voice acting.

"I'm begging you, let me work!" - Osamu Tezuka
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Love the double standards. I guess in Blizzard's eyes it's the only possible way to recover some popularity.

I love how people need to be funded for a map.

/edit

Relevant AWP now up.
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

lol @ optimus prime narration
mark_009_vn
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by mark_009_vn »

IskatuMesk wrote:I love how people need to be funded for a map.
Hey, casuals. Even when capitalists sell radioactive beverages with supposed healing benefits, the casuals still would grope them up like it's fried chicken...

"I'm begging you, let me work!" - Osamu Tezuka
ArcCain
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor

Post by ArcCain »

StarCraft Universe... Disgusting.