The Mesk Blog - November 11 2009

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.

Moderator: IskatuMesk

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

The Mesk Blog - November 11 2009

Postby IskatuMesk » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:16 pm

Well, these weeks have been pretty rough for me. Though the new pills in general make me feel a bit better, the last two weeks, especially the last week, have been really rough. I know why, and it's pretty complicated and deep, so I'm not really going to go into it. I also know it won't heal right away.

I've been doing two major things recently.

The first is, of course, trying to work on TOA. I have made a little bit of movement, starting on Aumus' new segment and adding some needed details to the new introduction for starters. But movement has been very slow. So, this morning, I had a brilliant idea. Why not write a CC fic? You know, a story using CC forumgoers (and a few others) as characters. Incidentally, this would be ITAS-styled; as in, very graphic, very inane, potentially very offensive. The star of our show is Lavarinth, and this adventure is going to be quite hilarious. This mini-project has had a great start, I'm just wrapping up the first of an estimated 4-6 chapters. I'm hoping that its success will revitalize my efforts in TOA, and it gives me a good break from the ultra-serious writing I've been trying to do for a while now.

Second off, I've been soundtrack hunting. There's a few reasons for this, one I won't reveal quite yet, but the primary reason would be to simply expand my collection. I've found everything from unreleased Kameo: Elements of Power tracks (Unfortunately they're not tagged and are in single, gigantic mp3s...) to soundtracks from the God of War 3 demo and Bayonnetta, both of which aren't out until 2010.

Not all is semi-good news, though.

In my last blog, I told you about the Heretic Bahamut I ordered from a store in ontario. Well, I actually ordered two things. That was the second one. The first one was this,

Yes, Bahamut from Advent Children. I've wanted this for quite a while, but only now had the opportunity to actually get it - for a really nice price, too. Generally if I wanted to buy it, I'd have to order from the states at about $50 a pop - not including the $30-40 to just ship it. (American to Canada shipping is utterly retardedly expensive.)

Well, I was fully expecting this guy to arrive before the first one since, you know, he was the first one I ordered. But he didn't. Just before Heretic Bahamut arrived, I sent an e-mail to the seller asking for tracking numbers. Well, he replied a while later; with the shipping address for the one I already had, and a ominous message that Sin Bahamut was not able to be found (apparently it had never let the sortation plant). Another 4 or so days later, and today I get a follow-up e-mail - Canada Post fucking lost the damn thing, and that was the only one they had!

Of course, I'll get a refund, but that still grinds my balls. He said there's the small possibility they may get more, but I'm not holding my hopes up.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

Falchion
Zerg Broodling Dance Instructor
Zerg Broodling Dance Instructor
Location: Bragança Paulista, Brazil (Da most borin' place in the world)

Re: The Mesk Blog - November 11 2009

Postby Falchion » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:37 am

Can I please be an Imp, Mesk?  Or an Igor?  Pony-mounting Goblin maybe?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D
How I became a troll in a single post (And you can too!!! :D ): link

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Postby Lavarinth » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:25 pm

- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:28 pm

Do you think craftjenny likes you hotlinking their shit?

Also, I just got refunded.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

Return to “The Doackendium”