The Mesk Blog - November 03 2009

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.

Moderator: IskatuMesk

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

The Mesk Blog - November 03 2009

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:00 pm

[17:07] Ascherzon: CONUNDRUM
[17:10] ShadowFlareSFR: lol
[17:10] Ascherzon: lol indeed

So, halloween has come and past. But I don't really care because I've never done anything for halloween, excluding the time I went out with a guy name Fraiser and shot roman candles at schools, but that wasn't really halloween at all.

But halloween is the extremely rare opportunity for me to get candy. In this case, Neville ended up stealing some Oh Henry bars from one of his buddies. They were thus frozen for a later time. That time came about 5 days ago. Horray, frozen chocolate! And with my first bite, my primary eating tooth screams in agony. I wasn't terribly deterred by this, so I eat with the other side of my mouth. It isn't long until one of those teeth, in fact the one exactly opposite, hurts as well.

This doesn't come as a big surprise to me. I haven't gone to the dentist in something like 2-3 years, and with depression making everything rather uninteresting and lethargic, I never really gave much care to my teeth except for every now and then. It was doubtless that I had some cavities just waiting to be exploited by eating something rock hard. This wasn't really a problem; just phone up the dentist and assign an appointment at long last.

But it's what came with this that really fucked me up.

I'm on a new drug, sure, but it doesn't help at all with my anxiety attacks. What better to get fucked up on than an anxiety attack about teeth? Sure, it's absolutely retarded as I'm not afraid of the dentist at all much less getting cavities filled, but it doesn't take anything to give me an anxiety attack. The stupidest, inanest little thing will set me off. And so it did - I've suffered totally crippling anxiety attacks since day one. The second I fucking wake up in the morning my chest tenses and my head starts running in circles. My sleep gets disrupted even more, I can't work on my writing, so on so forth.

Well this morning I went to the dentist for a fairly uneventful visit. The bubbly cleaner went to work with their pressure water zapper and cleaned up my teeth a bit, which hurt a fair bit when the water made friction with my teeth and burned me. Then the doctor dude, who is actually the son of the last guy I interacted with in my last visit there (Oh, how things have changed) inspects my teeth.

"I can't see any cavities"

I gave him a serious WTF look.

Then the x-rays come.

Turns out, there's two little cavities in the two problematic teeth. Which catches me off guard; I was expecting one of the teeth to be pulled since my last cavity was deep enough to go to the nerve and that didn't hurt nearly as much as these did.

So, the appointment to fill them is tomorrow morning. I hope I don't miss any of my coming shipments by being out. With this fiasco behind me, I've decided to start taking better care of my teeth. I want things to change from the old days, and this is a good place to start.

Of course, after I get home the anxiety just melts away. I'm not worried at all about the drilling; the needles are painless and other than waiting 30 minutes for your face to numb up it's a pretty quick and simple procedure. As long as he doesn't slip and slice open my entire cheek, anyways.

What with the anxiety attacks, my schedule has hit a pretty solid wall. I was slowly working on getting those Borderlands videos edited and prepared for public consumption, and I've been smashing my face into my novel trying to make progress on the rewrite. So far I've written about 6 pages. Nothing really fancy, but it's a totally different perspective then what the beginning of the novel used to be and writing the dark world of the Zegredark from Mauu's perspective is difficult. So I opted for a more of a narrative approach and will get into the character's thoughts more as the story progresses. Especially since Mauu is really critical of modern Templar society and viewing from her eyes might confuse the reader a bit. I'm working that into it, though.

Part of the challenge is to describe a lot of the things I left out of the writing previously. For example, the Lordship. Even though my abilities are better than they were 7 years ago, this is still an intimidating task. It's good practice for when I need to describe more complex ships, though, such as the Heidomus.

Right now I'm about to reach the part where Aumus meets the Arch-Slayers (Mauu and company) in the Lordship. I'm still not sure where I want to go with this scene, or if I want to change it entirely. I'm also trying to figure out if I want to cover Aumus' adventure in the Temple of Slayers or not. Seeing as Mauu doesn't really do a whole lot until things get moving, it seems prudent to introduce the cast at this opportunity. Of course this brings up more questions; who am I going to introduce? In particular, Khagath's segment was really out of place and I moved it ahead by a fair bit. But once I slice and dice the 40 some pages of Aumus' intro and probably shrink it by a lot, Khagath's segment will seem a bit rushed and odd.

Oh decisions.

*presses preload and watches it start*
Last edited by IskatuMesk on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

Mucky
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Re: The Mesk Blog - November 03 2009

Postby Mucky » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:53 pm

Cavities and tooth pains never seem to work the way one thinks they should. Numerous times I've had tooth pain, and when I recently had x-rays at the dentist, they found nothing. The pain actually comes from the sinus headaches I get.

Have you talked to Doctor Black about the anxiety attacks?

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:44 am

I did mention it but he didn't really say anything about it. On our next meeting I'll have to bring it up again, because this is pretty ridiculous.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Postby Lavarinth » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:46 am

Oh freakin' teeth pains.. I swear I feel like I have a good 10-12 cavities residing in my teeth.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:48 am

I love the smell of burning enamel in the morning.

Seriously.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image

Return to “The Doackendium”