Of Dreams and Doacks

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.

Moderator: IskatuMesk

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Of Dreams and Doacks

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:53 pm

Throne of Armageddon, currently at 987 pages, is my life's work. I've spent most of my time either developing the universe or writing something that eventually contributed to this six and a half-year long production life of the novel. The universe is over 13 years old and represents my best and worst of times. Traveling down TOA's scripture reveals my life from the best of times when I had just dropped out of school of trouble to eventually today where I am scraping for every inch of momentum to move it.

Would it surprise you that much of TOA's content is derived from dreams? Many of the locations and events occured in strong visions I believe to be the result of my mental illnesses. I just had another such dream today, the day after my 22nd birthday. Although I wasn't able to reach the 1k page count I was aiming for by this time's arrival, this dream was so pivotal in my aims to rewrite the beginning that it will greatly help me set the stage for my refurbishment of the six-year old writing in the first chapters.

Also, I have cake.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Of Dreams and Doacks

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:37 pm

It was just regular cake. Pretty boring, actually. The bananabread HKS brought over is really good, though. Mmm chocolate.

Most of my dreams fit very well into my works with a bit of tweaking. Sometimes I have the odd dream that doesn't fit at all, like the one I had a few weeks ago about an alternate reality and time distortion, but ones like this are just the ticket I need to filling in holes or getting motion back into the writing. Because of the nature of TOA's exotic universe, dream material is often perfect.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

GreatGodSajuuk
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig

Postby GreatGodSajuuk » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:16 pm

Happy birthday Mesk. And I'm glad that there is more progress on TOA. I LOVE TOA!

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Postby Lavarinth » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:40 am

Congratulations on another year.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator

FlyingHat
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Postby FlyingHat » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:03 pm

Good birthday, and a happy one too.
ImageImageImage

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:16 pm

I had another pretty cool dream yesterday. Really hard to describe, though. Involved a Xy`Kranasha ship that used a pair of singularities to jump over ridiculously long distances, through a tear in reality. There was this giant crystal about as big as the sun jutting through a hole in space. Super glowy.

I think the pills are making my subconsciousness even more wacked then it already was.

The music that was playing was really awesome, too. It usually is. A combination of a solo female hungarian singer and a male opera backed by a choir. It was really epic.

Just something you can't really convey in your writing at all. That's what gives my worlds life.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image

Return to “The Doackendium”