ITAS 3.0 alpha - Released

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.

Moderator: IskatuMesk

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

ITAS 3.0 alpha - Released

Postby IskatuMesk » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:00 pm

I wasn't going to release this because I don't believe in releasing unfinished projects, just as I don't believe in releasing demos. But a lot of work was put into this update before it was discontinued, so here it is.

This is released as-is. It will most likely be unstable from the limit expander.

As always, this only works on 1.10.

Major changes from the previous public ITAS;

- The disfunctional "Mafia" pants legion race is now a semi-playable Kaloth Industries, including a devastatingly retarded AI that will probably hand your ass to you on a golden platter with daisies.
- New ships for Xenon Project and Black Squadron, including functional Corvette classes and a few Frigates. The Undead also have a semi-functional Zeral`Motakk and bugged Blood Tornado.
- New voice acting.
- Partly-implimented new graphics.
- Slightly tweaked AI.
- Some rebalancing.
- Probably other stuff I'm forgetting.

Major issues;

- Limit expander will cause random crashes. If it is discovered this isn't the limit expander somehow, let me know.
- The Undead AI can't/won't build the Blood Tornado for some reason, ultimately locking itself and not doing anything.
- Xenon Project AI is just as flakey as it was before.
- I possibly forgot to impliment a fix into the mod that kept the Undead death animations from crashing. If killing a Gygias 100% results in a crash let me know and I'll fix it ASAP.

This mod is discontinued. I will not be updating it.

http://www.doack.campaigncreations.org/ITAS3.0.exe

Special thanks;

- Ashara, for creating his $P AI script. I based on it to create ProtossXtreme 2.0, which I then used as a base for the KA super script.
- Hunter_Killers for creating the super-awesome white transparency palette.
- Lavarinth, for assisting in voice acting. I am unsure if all of his voices made it into the mod, however. I know most of my new ones did not.
- ASofT, for Space terrain.

It goes without saying that the mod was left very largely incomplete. Virtually all of the effects and graphics were going to be totally redone.

/edit

I should probably give the map I used to play it on, too.

http://www.doack.campaigncreations.org/(8)EpicCock.rar

This mod adheres to my general guidelines. That is, no content in this mod may be used with my express, written permission.
Last edited by IskatuMesk on Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

FlyingHat
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Re: ITAS 3.0 alpha - Released

Postby FlyingHat » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:08 pm

Kaloth Industries should be fun to poke around with.

I love your work on this last version of ITAS, despite it being unfinished.
ImageImageImage

bajadulce
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant

Re: ITAS 3.0 alpha - Released

Postby bajadulce » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:43 pm

Excellent.  I've played a few times with Mesk and always enjoy the big ships and explosions.  A modding classic.

Return to “The Doackendium”