A day in the life of Mesk

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.

Moderator: IskatuMesk

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

A day in the life of Mesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:49 pm

So, yesterday Granny decided to order chinese food for lunch. Not from the usual place we order from. Well, okay. I'm not paying for it so whatever. I get some chow mein and pork, since they don't have chicken balls like the regular place. I eat, then head to bed since it's noon and past my bed time.

Little did I know the fiasco that awaited me.

I woke up about 4 hours later. Oh hey, I feel like shit! Nope, not your normal Mesk-feeling-like-shit feeling but more like a Oh-god-it's-that-feeling-again kind of feeling. I get it every now and then. Most people associate it with the flu, but most often I get retarded amounts of acidity and gas.

But this wasn't your normal acidity. Oh no. I know that when I start pissing out of my gas it means my stomach is in overdrive. Although it isn't piss, or diarria (Yeah I can't spell it atm). It's liquidified food and internal organs. Horray! This doesn't really bother me that much. Oh no. A minor inconvenience every 5 minutes wouldn't warrant this post.

What happens sometimes is since my stomach is super sensitive, it swells up and becomes inflamed. You may recall a story about last year when I had the flu and this caused stomach inflamation that gave me the worst physical pain I had ever endured.

At first, this wasn't that bad. But it quickly escalated. After an hour later, I was totally crippled from the pain. It took time for the pain to overcome my hatred for the public and risk having to go to the hospital. Granny phoned for an ambulance, since she can't drive and neville is off at a meeting. They arrive without incident, question me, and drive me to the hospital.

I don't put much faith in the system, but I hoped explaining the situation, and my previous visit under similar circumstances, would help streamline the event. I would prefer to get doped up on iv and morphine so I could get some goddamned sleep. 3-4 hours of troubled sleep over the course of 20 hours isn't nearly enough for me.

The ride is ridiculously bumpy ride makes an upset stomach turn into a raging faggot of a stomach.  We arrive at the hospital, I am asked the exact same questions by the exact same guys, and I'm told to "wait". Okay. Sure. There's almost no one inside except for staff.

So, I wait. The pain is becoming worse by the second. It is clear my stomach has decided to turn into the Hulk. Keep in mind I had yet to throw up, despite numerous attempts in forcing it. I did, however, have to dispose of liquified material every five or so minutes. This meant appropriately stealing either the staff washroom or the public one when the other was in use. Repeatedly. Every five minutes.

Time dragged on slowly. I had a bed, but lying down did nothing to get rid of the pain. Imagine the inside of your chest and stomach being eaten alive coupled with a burning sensation. It isn't a constant pain, it comes and goes without warning, making it impossible to ignore.

Time continued to pass. Staff leisurely walk by as all hell breaks loose inside my gut. I didn't know what time it was anymore, but I know I left before 9.

A girl is admitted. 13 years old. I listen in to her parents/nurses conversation out of nothing better to do and something to take my mind off things. Apparently this 13 year old girl decided to go out smoking pot with her 24 year old friends. Ignoring the fact she had neurological problems, and instantly suffered a seizure/mini coma. Furthermore, her parents didn't seem the least bit distressed by the fact their 13 year old daughter was out smoking pot with 20 year olds. Okay.

This child is admitted to somewhere else in the hospital. An old woman shows up about half an hour later. She apparently hit her head and it's painfully obvious she's not in the right state of mind, her responses to her sibling's inquiries barely make any sense at all if even related. Her siblings sign a release warrant against medical advice to release her under the premise that she's "fine".

Okay.

Then I am alone. For hours.

I didn't know it, but it was fucking 1am by the time anyone bothered to move me somewhere where I'd get looked at by a physician. 15 minutes later, a dude is poking me (again!) and I have to explain everything all over again. By now the pain has droned out into a mind-numbing constant flow of torment. The only thing preventing me from going totally apeshit on these guys is the non-stop anxiety attacks I am suffering at the hands of being in public and the stress. Every time I get up to take a liquified shit, my heart goes apeshit into arithmia and it feels like I'm having a heart attack.

A half-hour passes and I finally get an IV and something to stop the acid from turning my throat into penis pudding.

Half an hour later, I'm told I can go home. Um. Okay?

So I phone home, neville gets up and drives me back. My stomach is still in agony. I wasn't on the IV long enough to do anything other than chill me. So now I have shivers from the IV and from my body going nuts, and I still feel utterly wretched.

I hoped the droning nature of the pain as opposed to pulsating arrivals would make it easier to sleep. But nope.

About five hours after arriving home I finally managed to force myself into vomiting. It's astonishing how much came out, especially considering my five-minute ceremonies for the past half-day. After that, my stomach decided it was time to start the gas cycle. Just like hitler and the holocaust, no time was wasted in taking the opportunity of the new space given by my home medicine.

So the pain didn't go away for long. I've had maybe a half-hour of semi-hallucinagetic sleep where my schizophrenia has gone totally apeshit and filled my head with all sorts of extremely confusing thoughts, leaving me to awake and try to sort it out from reality for the next hour.

Now it's 3pm and I still feel like shit. I've been playing Killzone 2 for the last few hours and that's where I'm going back to.

I am not a happy man.
Last edited by IskatuMesk on Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: A day in the life of Mesk

Postby Lavarinth » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:02 pm

Dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. Intense story.. I simply can't believe they'd let you go.. But I assume your reply to that would be it's norm.

I.. I actually have similar, but not as bad, pains in my stomach throughout the year. I actually finally summed up the thought it might actually be something bad, so I have just started to go on treatments. So far nothing works. Basically.. Anything I eat at times, even healthy, even WATER, will cause my stomach to go insane to a pain where I want to be in a fetal position wrapped around a toilet attempting to vomit, yet unable to.

My doctor has stated it may be an ulcur. Bacteria growth in the stomach may cause this to occur, and the cure, if early enough, is like 50 pills throughout 50 days or the such, or if it's too late.. Surgery. Grand, I thought! Heh, the tests are fairly simple so I'll know soon. But your symptom sounds similar to mine, but it could vary extremely and I know you know that well, so it may not be related at all. Just a thought though.

I know the only thing that helps me is attempting to drone myself out into something.. Anything, as pills, liquid, nothing makes the pain go away. Eventually when it's lighter and not so bad, Pepto-Bismol will help, but only if I take like two shot's worth and down it straight from the bottle.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:37 am

Yeah it was fucking miserable. It was as Pheo said - Should have made a commotion and tried to speed things along, but the anxiety attacks were totally crippling my ability to function properly.

What baffles me is how they told me to go so soon. Yeah, so I waited three and a half hours for a 30 minute IV that isn't even doing anything?

About the only turning point was when I managed to finally get myself to throw up and get rid of all that bullshit inside my stomach. My visit to the hospital probably did nothing but prolong the pain.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Postby Lavarinth » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:30 am

Oh, by the way? Chicken ball?
- - Lavarinth

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:51 am

Yes. Chicken balls. They are incredibly awesome. Chicken dipped in batter. In balls. Mmmmm. Balls.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Postby Lavarinth » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:22 am

Never.. Heard of it. Must find.
- - Lavarinth

FlyingHat
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Postby FlyingHat » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:20 pm

Outrageously ridiculous, they did absolutely nothing and just let you out? In addition, I have to say that the bit with the 13-yo girl was pretty darned lulzy.

Chicken balls eh?
ImageImageImage

WB
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby WB » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:35 am

fingers down throat. if that doesn't induce vomiting I can't imagine how much dick you've sucked :P

also, chicken balls...wow.
Now with 50% more lol, 50% more win, and 100% phlail.
www.sc2campaigns.net - Coming Soon!!

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:11 am

WB > That's what I did.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image

Falchion
Zerg Broodling Dance Instructor
Zerg Broodling Dance Instructor
Location: Bragança Paulista, Brazil (Da most borin' place in the world)

Postby Falchion » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:30 am

Indeed, I know how you fell Mesk.  The "how?": I have problems like that too.  Pretty soon you and a lot of people here and everywhere should expect a work of my life.  The Articles, where everyone will know what I really am:  My projects, my routine, my personality, my talents, my secrets... and my most terrible sins I've commited not only in the real, but in this digital world as well.

Be reminded, though, that should I release these, I'll have to leave this world in shame and shambles forever.  Another life will have to arise, one away from the digital.  Should I do that too, I might fall and die unknown.
How I became a troll in a single post (And you can too!!! :D ): link

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:33 am

I think the only reason people read my rants is because I'm a drama magnet.

So thus, if Mesk = Drama, and Drama = Amusement, therefore Mesk = Amusement.

It's like laughing at the guy who is pissing on a police officer's dog.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Postby Lavarinth » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:39 am

IskatuMesk wrote:It's like laughing at the guy who is pissing on a police officer's dog.

No, sir, THAT is amusement, your story, was not. Mostly since I had an idea of what you were talking about.
- - Lavarinth

Mucky
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Postby Mucky » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:49 am

I like, to overuse, commas.

also lol chicken balls

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:44 pm

Mucky wrote: lol balls

fixed
Image~[Gameproc]~Image

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Postby Lavarinth » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:04 pm

Mucky wrote:I like, to overuse, commas.

also lol chicken balls

Dear bare deer dear bare deer bear bear dear bare deer, Dear.
- - Lavarinth

Return to “The Doackendium”