AO Update Video Documentary

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.

Moderator: IskatuMesk

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

AO Update Video Documentary

Postby IskatuMesk » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:06 pm

Recently I was attempting to update Armageddon Onslaught. Nothing major, just bugfixing, shining up the AI, ect. But most importantly, I was recording everything I did.

Because programs like Camtasia and Camstudio all desync sound, I was forced to use Growler Guncam to record a small portion of my desktop. This worked all and well, but Guncam doesn't like programs like icecc's Java interface, and running these programs or having them running in the background caused it to freak the fuck out. In short, most of the footage I recorded was lost - well over three hours. Additionally, now growler is refusing to record ingame starcraft footage without lagging like a bastard.

In short, while the mod update will continue, the documentary is being canceled. I am releasing all of the video I had recorded on an as-is basis. Unedited, uncensored, outtakes and all.

These videos are not a replacement for tutorials. They are to be used as a reference. However, because tutorials and such are extremely rare and tend not to cover intermediate to advanced topics, these videos will probably teach you a lot you didn't know. One of the limitations of growler recording the desktop is that you can't see my cursor... and I didn't realize this until halfway through.

What do these videos cover?

- Very basic sound editing, and the thought processes behind choosing sounds.
- Dat editing.
- IceCC.
- AIscript editing.
- Stargraft editing - welcome to 1972!
- Design.
- Taking a model in 3ds max and turning it into a sc sprite (and consequently forgetting to add it into the game.)
- Preparing a set of frames for use as an effect inside SC.
- Some other stuff I probably forgot.

Some of this video is redundant and it's not entirely chronologically arranged.

- It looks like the audio in the 3ds max video got desynced.

Seg 1 part 1
Seg 1 part 2
Seg 2 part 2a
Seg 2 part 2a ingame
Seg 2 part 2b - Scrapped part
Seg 2 part 2b
Seg 2 part 2c
Seg 3 part pre-a
Seg 3 part a
Seg 3 part b
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

FlyingHat
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Re: AO Update Video Documentary

Postby FlyingHat » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:08 pm

Cool beans.
ImageImageImage

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: AO Update Video Documentary

Postby Lavarinth » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:49 am

Nice list, I just wish I understood any of these things, bah. Still, good for reference incase I ever do understand.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator

Return to “The Doackendium”