Current News - pictars

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.

Moderator: IskatuMesk

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Current News - pictars

Postby IskatuMesk » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:21 pm

Hi. I'm back, for now. I don't plan to participate heavily in the community anymore, but I'll provide news and updates regarding my activities elsewhere.

I was interviewed by Magic at the Star Alliance. This interview tells a bit about myself, my motives for modding, the thoughts behind modding, and an overview of my near decade of work. It also tells a bit of my plans for the future. Check it out!

I'm working on a small update for Armageddon Onslaught which will be covered in an extensive video series called the AO Update Video Documentary that will serve as both a tutorial for new/intermediate starcraft modders and an overview for many other tools and processes. I will cover video editing, sound editing, voice acting, encoding, and other misc activities that pertain to making your mod the best you can make it.

In this update I am making a strong attempt at learning basic animation and other elements of 3ds max to produce a high-quality conceptual trailer for AO2.

I am writing a currently private revision of the AO2 game document that will be overviewed in the SC2 beta to determine if the project is worth attempting to create. In the event it isn't, I won't be attempting to mod the game.

My website is slowly reaching a state of usability. Once the majority of my important content has been ported onto the website, I'll be ceasing updates on related information on SA and CC. The site will be host to all of my articles, my Epic Video Guide, and my future releases of the ITAS novel in addition to some new content.

I still want to finish the Captain Planet RPG but for the moment I am exclusively focused on learning 3ds max as much as I can before schizophrenia kills my motivation.

Regarding Schizophrenia, I am awaiting word from mental health to hopefully take something strong enough to defeat its ability to destroy my concentration.

My site and project information are not yet ready for public viewing.
Last edited by IskatuMesk on Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

Whiplash!
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Current News

Postby Whiplash! » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:11 am

I hope you can get some medicine to help you conquer your skitzo then you'd be an unstoppable modder
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Postby Legion » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:31 am

IskatuMesk wrote:Hi. I'm back, for now. I don't plan to participate heavily in the community anymore, but I'll provide news and updates regarding my activities elsewhere.

I was interviewed by Magic at the Star Alliance. This interview tells a bit about myself, my motives for modding, the thoughts behind modding, and an overview of my near decade of work. It also tells a bit of my plans for the future. Check it out!

I'm working on a small update for Armageddon Onslaught which will be covered in an extensive video series called the AO Update Video Documentary that will serve as both a tutorial for new/intermediate starcraft modders and an overview for many other tools and processes. I will cover video editing, sound editing, voice acting, encoding, and other misc activities that pertain to making your mod the best you can make it.

In this update I am making a strong attempt at learning basic animation and other elements of 3ds max to produce a high-quality conceptual trailer for AO2.

I am writing a currently private revision of the AO2 game document that will be overviewed in the SC2 beta to determine if the project is worth attempting to create. In the event it isn't, I won't be attempting to mod the game.

My website is slowly reaching a state of usability. Once the majority of my important content has been ported onto the website, I'll be ceasing updates on related information on SA and CC. The site will be host to all of my articles, my Epic Video Guide, and my future releases of the ITAS novel in addition to some new content.

I still want to finish the Captain Planet RPG but for the moment I am exclusively focused on learning 3ds max as much as I can before schizophrenia kills my motivation.

Regarding Schizophrenia, I am awaiting word from mental health to hopefully take something strong enough to defeat its ability to destroy my concentration.

My site and project information are not yet ready for public viewing.

Back already? :) Wow, that must have been a month.

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:01 pm

Whoops, looks like I'm wrong. My video card just died. Yay! The first time I'm starting to make a break through in max and my $600 piece of shit decides to call it quits.

So I am totally fucked out of my control now.

See you guys in three months!
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

Mucky
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Postby Mucky » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:23 pm

Owned.

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:15 pm

I can probably arrange going to surrey earlier if I get into contact with HKS to get my new parts, but the major problem right now is money. In any case, it'll be some time before I can get back to working on what I was doing.

So basically, I got Owned.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image

Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Postby Legion » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:24 am

IskatuMesk wrote:I can probably arrange going to surrey earlier if I get into contact with HKS to get my new parts, but the major problem right now is money. In any case, it'll be some time before I can get back to working on what I was doing.

So basically, I got Owned.

So you're going again?

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Current News - now with pictars

Postby IskatuMesk » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:06 pm

Well, I can hook up my keyboard to my ps3, kind of like what I'm doing right this second, and troll you still. But as far as actually doing anything, yes, that's not going to happen for a long time.

/edit

Okay I think I'm just gonna grab the X2 before hand, perhaps this thursday, and get my existing computer functional again until a few months later where my funds will permit the new machine.

The fun part is going to be finding NCIX with neville driving. Good grief... this may not seem like much of a problem for you guys; something dies, you shrug it off and get something else. For me it's a bit more gay. Neville can get lost for hours inside abbotsford much less surrey.

/edit

Tested with the 3850 - worked fine. Definitely the video card that kicked the bucket. Should be able to get x2 on thursday. Overall won't be as bad a hit to my schedule as I was lead to believe, but it's still going to cost me a ton of money.
Last edited by IskatuMesk on Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:29 am

Okay while I'm waiting for my video card I may as well tell you why exactly this screwed me so badly and what I was trying to do.

I'm working on a CGI video. An actual full-CGI animation. Now, I don't have access to all of the new images on this computer, so I'll just show you the ones I do have access to.

www.doack.campaigncreations.org/helltest2.avi <-- an actual one of my test renders...

As you can see, this is still much a work in progress. But the second major segment of the video, called the Hell segment, was nearing completion. This video would eventually come to an estimated 10 minutes in length and is intended to feature a full battle sequence. That's all I'm going to say about it other than it will introduce me to animation with ships and paths, particles, and perhaps FumeFX and Afterburner. I was working on populating Hell with scenery and stuff before my video card died.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Current News - pictars

Postby IskatuMesk » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:49 pm

I have the 4870 x2.

I don't have an 8-pin connector on my PSU.

My dad.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:11 pm

ok my shit's finally fixed

let's get back in gear

Image~[Gameproc]~Image

FlyingHat
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Postby FlyingHat » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:15 pm

Oh goodness, even more glowy.
ImageImageImage

Return to “The Doackendium”