I'm Back With More Issues with Vision of the Future

DerelictSovereign
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)

I'm Back With More Issues with Vision of the Future

Post by DerelictSovereign »

The last time I was here, I had an issue getting vision3 to work. Now, in the sequel to that mess, I can't get any of them to work.

I am currently using the digital download versions of Brood War and Starcraft, because my physical copies got thrown out (harsh, I know). I try using the Vision1 mod and it says "patch unsuccessful."

When I run the version of Vision3 I was given, it runs regular Starcraft instead of the mod.

I'm also having to use DXWND to run the game because of the colour issues infamous with Windows 7, and before you say, "just do this" I have probably tried it. I have probably tried everything. DXWND is the only thing that works, right now.

From my research it appears this might be a common issue, but I'd like to stress i'm like, the biggest fan of Vision of the Future. I love these mods so much, and it bums me out that I can't play them.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
GrimReaper308
Terran Supply Depot Clerk
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Re: I'm Back With More Issues with Vision of the Future

Post by GrimReaper308 »

Sorry man....I got nothing...maybe buy the physical copies?

If that doesn't work, sorry man.
blazin
Terran Refinery Attendant
Terran Refinery Attendant

Re: I'm Back With More Issues with Vision of the Future

Post by blazin »

If you are still alive here i can suggest the simplest posible solution which is to try to replace the patch_rt.mpq file (be sure to back that file up somewhere) with the mod executable. once done you just run starcraft and that's it.

this method also might work if you want to play on windowed mode (by running starcraft from mcalauncher/chaoslauncher). Apparently windowed mode fixes the colour bug. You can also use the resolution hack from mcalauncher

If the game crashes then you will have to downgrade to the correct version. There is a program for that use, but requires you to replace two files (starcraft.mpq and broodwar.mpq) before you are able to make it work.

-If you own only StarCraft, copy "INSTALL.EXE" from the StarCraft CD to
your StarCraft folder and rename it to "StarCraft.mpq".
- If you own StarCraft: Brood War, copy "INSTALL.EXE" from the StarCraft:
Brood War CD to your StarCraft folder and rename it to "BroodWar.mpq".

You'll have to download the two different ISO files for both install files.

Once done, you can hope the first method work or else you will have to use the MPQdraft/winmpq to patch the mod.