Modding questions and stuff

hxazgalor
Terran Settler (Unemployed)
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Modding questions and stuff

Post by hxazgalor »

[Somehow my post didn't get posted, so I'm just trying again. Please let me know if I made more than one, sorry @@ ]

Hi all, I just joined the CC community, and I'm glad to be here. I can't remember if I actually had an account before, and if I did I've forgotten the details of it, so I opted to make a new one :o

I've recently decided to go back to BW and make a custom campaign, but I'm not going to use all those cool modding tools just yet (it will be made primarily with Staredit and SCMDraft, as I'm looking at story more than gameplay). But I may decide to go with a cool mod one day.

On that note, where can I get all the tools I need? I'm aware that some resources are hosted here, but I'm wondering if there's any that is updated for later versions of SC (1.16 or 1.15). Also, do any of you use a version switcher? Is it a good idea too? What about playing with mods that ask specifically for older patched versions of SC/BW?

Also, I wanna ask about playing old mod campaigns like Resurgence and Reclamation of Aiur. I'm running WIn 7, 64 bit, and I just can't seem to be able to play those two campaigns. When I try to run their respective .exe files (as admin and with compatibility set to XP SP3), I get the 'Starcraft has stopped working' error. How do I fix this? I read somewhere I could use MPQDraft to fix this, but I haven't a clue as to how to do it.

Your answers and help will be of great service. Thank you! :plz: