Does Mods works when you didn't installed SCBW but copied it from another PC

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Does Mods works when you didn't installed SCBW but copied it from another PC

Post by IskatuMesk »

I see.

I recall some issue with windows 7 and mods. I forget what it was called, but it was technically a security feature to stop programs from running or modifying memory. It was a big deal with win7 came out. I suppose it's possible that is what is happening here. It was DEP (Data Execution Prevention). I wonder if that could be why?
TheMadman
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester

Re: Does Mods works when you didn't installed SCBW but copied it from another PC

Post by TheMadman »

I don't know, but the Ascension Of Duran works fine on my win7, and i didnt encountered problem with firegraft patches (since its modern)

Also, if its Stardraft/graft, doesn't it mean i need an older OS? i mean Win95.
Ya know, sometimes i remember old times when Dune 2000 was rocking, when God of War II was the best game, when
starcraft was the best strategy among everything....

I always ask myself: why many people dont play this legendary games, why they want play new ones?
And the answer is: they don't love games bro, they don't love them....
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I wouldn't think so. But different programs may interact with DEP in different ways. I wouldn't rule it out entirely, though. A lot of old modding apps don't work on windows 7 properly or at all.
TheMadman

Post by TheMadman »

Well i think Stardraft doesnt have disguise code or something else to avoid that, since its old. Firegraft does have that, since i can start it on my win7 without problems.
Ya know, sometimes i remember old times when Dune 2000 was rocking, when God of War II was the best game, when

I always ask myself: why many people dont play this legendary games, why they want play new ones?
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Have you tried messing with compatibility mode as well?
TheMadman

Post by TheMadman »

Yes i did, but still stardraft refuses again.

P.S do you know about 1.16.1 mpq patch? i dont seem to find it.

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

What do you mean? patch_rt is typically the mpq that contains patch files. I don't think any other files besides dlls and exes are changed.
TheMadman

Post by TheMadman »

i mean, i want to downgrade my SC, but i didnt seem to find an 1.16.1 mpq on SCDowngrader. I need test all patches for stardraft, maybe i can find solution.

EDITED: Ok i downgraded but, i need fix rainbow color now.... it shouldnt be hard
Last edited by TheMadman on Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Not sure. I used SCV selector myself. I think that should support the newest version. I am not up to date with that software in general.
TheMadman

Post by TheMadman »

I need fix rainbow color now on SC i did downgraded to 1.05

P.S lotc2.exe started working on win7 but still need fix colors....

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I don't know about the colors. I just lived with it.
TheMadman

Post by TheMadman »

Well, in win7 there was encountered a problem with color, it seems was not showing propetly but its started anyway. On Official Blizzard site, they have troubleshoot about that and it helps. But the real problem of rainbow color exists in registry. i need to find it so real colors will appear.

UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by UntamedLoli »

http://hifi.iki.fi/cnc-ddraw/

"Place ddraw.dll in the game folder and on first run it will automagically create ddraw.ini"

windowed=false
mhack=false