Need help to start campaign mods

Church
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Re: Need help to start campaign mods

Post by Church »

What are you creating the mpq with? Open WinMPQ, hit "new", and save it. It should be an .mpq file.
Firerush
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by Firerush »

when I just save it with any title it becomes an .exe

I managed to make it an mpq by adding .mpq to the end of file name but when I tried to load it with MPQdraft I still just get dumped back to the starting screen after I click "finish" on the plugin screen
Church

Post by Church »

Sorry, I'm out of ideas. Your computer must just be incompatible with that kind of exe. I wish I could help but I can't think of anything else.
Firerush

Post by Firerush »

I don't know why it would be, like I said it worked a few weeks ago. IIm running some anti-malware programs since the last time I had a bit issue with a game that fixed it, and I haven't run those in a couple months.

Are you sure I don't need a plugin file or could you show me where to find one?
Firerush

Post by Firerush »

I've done more research and found a couple people with the same message, one person said "kaspersky" was causing the error so I managed to dot he antimalware programs and got rid of malware, still nothing.

One person just said they "solved it" but didn't say how. I sent them an email but haven't gotten a reply yet.

why did my computer decide to eat it's own brain when it comes to these mods?

At this point I want to try and completely reset my pc back to 0

Or maybe turn my laptop into my starcraft mod machine and hope it hasn't suffered the same fate

Edit: My laptop works for it, I'm creating a restore point so I can just bring my laptop back to that point if it ever suffers the same fate.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Very weird that making an mpq makes an exe... I've never even heard of something like that before.

I recommend getting a priest and exorcising that thing.
Firerush

Post by Firerush »

Well thanks for trying, both of you, but Ive managed to place an "exorcism" point on my laptop so I can reverse time to before any demons show their face.

Also as long as I'm here, IskatuMesk, what happened to your "realm" on Campaign Creations site. I recall having fun with some mods you had there that just replaced entire factions for shits and giggles, at least I think that's what was in there.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

The subdomain was never actually active, I don't think (not as a site, anyways). Most of the mods ended up getting nuked when the domain went down and I didn't bother to re-upload them. Only AO and ITAS are currently available (which can be found in some threads people made in my forum.)