Modding help please?

Ardis
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Modding help please?

Post by Ardis »

I've been working on a StarCraft mod for a while, but I've been having trouble with something, I'm working on a unit to put in place of the Reaver, but I don't know how to remove the Scarab or make firing them a seperate action. Could someone tell me how?

Something else that would be nice is that, I've heard there was a way to create brand new units without having to replace old ones, but I don't remember it, and I can't find it, could someone tell me how to do this?

Any help is appreciated.

Here's the mod on ModDB
http://mods.moddb.com/7862/dark-era/

And if there are any rules on this forum against posting links to other sites, just delete the link.
I'm not unstable.
Unstable implies that I could BECOME more dangerous than I am now.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: Modding help please?

Post by Lavarinth »

Marine, your post was removed because it was deemed unrequired and profrane. If you have any issues take it up via messages, do not continue conversation of the action on this thread.

phantom, typically, replacing unused units in StarCraft was the common method of creating "new" units. However, I also recall hearing the same thing. What exactly are you trying to replace the Reaver with? I don't see the point to remove the Scarab or make it a seperate action when you could simply replace another unit and not go through so much trouble.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Ardis

Post by Ardis »

I guess I was trying to replace the Reaver because I liked all of the other units the way they were, plus I though I wouldn't miss the Reaver that much, I just turned the reaver Hero into a basic Reaver so I could use the old Reaver in map triggers. But if you know how to change what is built where, I could create some new units and buildings easily.
I'm not unstable.
Unstable implies that I could BECOME more dangerous than I am now.
Hercanic
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Hercanic »

Dear Phantom:
Modifying unit requirements and buttons is the realm of programs like StarGraft and MemGraft, both of which are sadly no longer supported by their authors and fallen by the way side of Blizzard's patches. There is a new program on the horizon, one that even I eagerly anticipate, which will do all that SG/MG could do and more. It's called FireGraft.