Increasing Recall radius

keops
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Increasing Recall radius

Post by keops »

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to increase the radius of the arbiter tech Recall and how to do it?

Thx.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Increasing Recall radius

Post by IskatuMesk »

Hmm. I would first check weapons.dat and see if there is a weapons.dat entry for it, and it has any radius set. Been many years since I have looked at anything sc1 so I can't remember if it's hardcoded or not.
keops

Post by keops »

No entry for Recall in weapons.dat using DatEdit :(
tf-
Terran Refinery Attendant
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by tf- »

Maybe it's an exe edit in Firegraft, like the one that makes Recall teleport units from the Arbiter to the target point, though I'm not sure if exe edits work well anymore.
Failing that you will probably have to to look into the General Plugin Template Project and actually inject code into SC just to change that radius.
mark_009_vn
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by mark_009_vn »

tf- wrote:Maybe it's an exe edit in Firegraft, like the one that makes Recall teleport units from the Arbiter to the target point, though I'm not sure if exe edits work well anymore.
Failing that you will probably have to to look into the General Plugin Template Project and actually inject code into SC just to change that radius.
And that also won't work because Recall is totally hard coded. You can't change it's radius even with plugins (unless you do some serious hack-job), you can at best change what unit is able to cast Recall... that's about it.

"I'm begging you, let me work!" - Osamu Tezuka
keops

Post by keops »

Yeah, the Firegraft EXE edits has no function for it and I also checked the GPTP files and there appear to be no lines for that as well. Guess I'm stuck with it.

EDIT: Ok, as it turns out there was a newer version of Firegraft than the one I had, and this time there were EXE edits that allowed increasing the range to a maximum of double the original.