Building Morph

phantommaelstrom
Terran Barracks Laundry Master

Building Morph

Post by phantommaelstrom »

I'm nearing the completion of my modification, but once again, something stop me from finishing it. This time - Building Morphs. I have already extended the Command Lower ID bound and Upper ID bound on FG's exe edit, which seems to allow the building to morph. However, when it completes morphing, it morphs back into what it originally is. I am using the Overmind Cocoon sprite btw, and I'm trying to make it upgrade into the Zerg Overmind.

Is this possible or is this really hardcoded and no way to be done?
phantommaelstrom

Re: Building Morph

Anyone?
Taeradun
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by Taeradun »

something something iscript

(probs hardcoded)
AngelSpirit
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Post by AngelSpirit »

I wish I'd found you earlier.

I'm going to be frank here; there are very, very few people that actively mod SC1 anymore. Although CC once proudly hosted many legendary modders, they've all since retired or otherwise been indisposed as the years went by.

Although I can really only speak for myself, I do believe that advanced topics like custom building morphs via Firegraft EXE Edits are beyond the scope of most of the older modders here, as they stopped modding long before Firegraft was even released, nevermind working with the current SC version.

That doesn't mean you're not going to get help though! (At least, I'll try!)

As much as I dislike saying it, you should probably go to staredit.net, and ask your questions there instead of on CC. While I have no end of respect for the modders on CC, as I've already said, most of them no longer have any interest in SC1 modding.

staredit.net hosts most of the remaining members of the former Maplantis, a community of some of the greatest modders on this half of the globe. While the SC1 modding section on staredit.net is also rather dead, there are still a few veterans that lurk around and would be reasonably willing to help anyone who asked. I know that Biophysicist (aka Tassadar_Zeratul) still goes around offering plugin support, and there's myself, of course (though I'm not much help :( ). Good luck!
Lavarinth wrote: You top the charts. Congratulations, to the OFFICIAL FORUM IDIOT, 1N73RC3P70R.
Shameless plug: Dwarf Fortress!
phantommaelstrom

Thanks AngelSpirit...

I am aware that SC modding has been dead a year ago... I was one of the modders way back in early 2000, maybe around 2002 or 2004. I was using Stargraft back then and issues like this building morph was not much of a problem. This only started when Blizzard updated their StarCraft.

It's just that I didn't finish my mod way back then. It wasn't published. You could say, it is one of my unresolved issues, I badly wanted to finish it. I dunno maybe I wanted to get a sense of accomplishment. I have this habit of going back to things that I didn't finish. And I'm very close now, it would be a waste if I stop. You know, sometimes, I wish I finished it a long time ago, when StarCraft modding was still flourishing.

Anyway, thanks guys, I'll post this issue on Staredit.