Starcraft: Sons of War

ITSTORRASQUE4U
Terran Barracks Laundry Master

Starcraft: Sons of War

Post by ITSTORRASQUE4U »

Hello there. The title on this topic may ring a bell or 2, but most likely not. We are a project born more than a year ago with a few scattered souls from sc.org, back in the times where SC2 was almost given up on. Therefore, our team decided to create an unofficial expansion for SC1, and Starcraft: Sons of War was born.

In the light of SC2, a lot of people are replaying maps, getting back on BN and trying out long forgotten mods: no better time could come for the completion of our project. It is not a campaign, but a full mod.

FEATURES:

- 6 new units to enhance multiplayer gameplay: Zerg Bane, Zerg Matralisk, Protoss Phalanx, Protos Vanguard, Terran Rattail and Terran Tomahawk.
- New heroes and a shiny new storyline as well: intrigue, unexpected alliances, new menaces and rising factions.
- A single campaign for each race, taking you through the SOW plot.
- Unseen cinematics, 100% produced by our hardworking staff.
- Voices.
- New doodads and critters.

Basically, think of Antioch Chronicles with cinematics and 6 fully modded units... not overlapping any existent unit, but rather enhancing each race's playability.

Why, do you ask, are we posting here? amongst other things, we're desperately looking for mappers. Our campaign works are almost non existent, as we have been focusing on other not so urgent stuff... I have been forced to start mapping myself and believe me, I can do it fine, but it's not something I get thrilled about >.<

We have the basic layout for each mission, we have the complete storyline, and we have some voice casters just waiting for the final lines: we only need people such as yourself, with great knowledge of mapping tools and resources, to put everything together. We can provide anything else.

Samples? Mapping wise there are none, but if you want to see some of our work go to

www.sonsofwar.pyrom.net

The stuff there is really old, since we haven't been on public for a long time: but it will give you an idea of what we're aiming for. We hope to give SC1 the retirement it so deserves =)

Here's some of the artwork we have produced recently:

Terran Ghost for cinematic purposes.

Terran Tomahawk: short range AG bomber which releases bomb barrages upon massed enemies.

Terran Rattail: Zerg pulverizer. Shoots radioactive grenades that keep damaging the area they're in until they dissapear.

Early Zerg Matralisk Concept: This unit can infiltrate enemy ground and unload troops undetected. As a plus, we have given it the Blind ability.

And finally, a little cinematic teaser. This will probably be the standard quality of our cinematics :)

If you're interested or at least curious, reply to this topic or send me a PM and I'll give you the link to our private forum so you can take a look. We're not "offering" you a spot: we need you! But we also need people who are not deeply involved in other projects and of course, people with decent skills. Most likely, you will be asked for a sample of your work if it cannot be found here. Thanks!

Regards,
ITSTORRASQUE4U, SOW leader
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Starcraft: Sons of War

Post by IskatuMesk »

man you are on an advertising spree

you should submit a resume to microsoft.
ITSTORRASQUE4U

Post by ITSTORRASQUE4U »

I figured out I will never complete the campaign if I rely on such procastinating fellas such as... myself. Therefore I decided to recruit hardcore mappers, guys that really ENJOY mapping, to do the job. If I can get them rolling, I can get back to modeling.

And no, Microsoft sucks. Rumors say they mass produce radioactive midgets in their basements.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

but oscar you love midgets
Falchion
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Location: Bragança Paulista, Brazil (Da most borin' place in the world)

Post by Falchion »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
How I became a troll in a single post (And you can too!!! :D ): link

ITSTORRASQUE4U

Post by ITSTORRASQUE4U »

That's not the point ;D

Here's a video I also posted at Maplantis... hope you like it :)

MrFlibble
Terran Refinery Attendant
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by MrFlibble »

All this looks really great! ;D Well done! I wish I had more free time to particiapte in this ::)
"Truth suffers from too much analysis" - [i]Frank Herbert[/i]
[url=http://forum.dune2k.com/index.php?topic=19696.0][imgwh 336x104]http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/8648/sd2bannerkr6.jpg[/imgwh][/url]
ITSTORRASQUE4U

Post by ITSTORRASQUE4U »

And here's some more stuff. I'm glad to announce today was a 3D-happy day for the SOW Team :)

Our finished zealot modeled, textured and animated by SgtHK.

Select Campaign Ghost Figurine, by SgtHK.

And finally, some beta work on the Phalanx portrait:

Feedback is most appreciated :)
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Phalanx is still a little bright and the colors aren't as vibrant as the carrier's.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Agreed with Isk.

Also, I'm an animator, if that matters to you. But I only use Maya for personal reasons, don't like Max. Only use Max if I have to for 'real' work.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Milldawg
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Post by Milldawg »

OH SHIT IT IS A TINY CARRIER
ITSTORRASQUE4U

Post by ITSTORRASQUE4U »

Also, I'm an animator, if that matters to you. But I only use Maya for personal reasons, don't like Max. Only use Max if I have to for 'real' work.
Then you're like me: I totally hate the 3ds Max modeling UI but I love how it handles texture and everything else. I therefore model in Maya and do the rest in 3ds. Sadly, we need you to know at least the basic of 3ds to take you into consideration, specially since you say you're animator and not modeler :(

And well, The Phalanx will be made a bit darker. The portrait will be worked on as well.
WB
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by WB »

I make the base mesh in Silo, Modeling in Maya, UV in maya, (if organic, texture/sculpt in Zbrush), materials and rendering in Max.

Animation in Maya as well.

This isn't an application, just sharing the workflow ;)
Now with 50% more lol, 50% more win, and 100% phlail.
www.sc2campaigns.net - Coming Soon!!
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

ITSTORRASQUE4U wrote:
Then you're like me: I totally hate the 3ds Max modeling UI but I love how it handles texture and everything else. I therefore model in Maya and do the rest in 3ds. Sadly, we need you to know at least the basic of 3ds to take you into consideration, specially since you say you're animator and not modeler :(

And well, The Phalanx will be made a bit darker. The portrait will be worked on as well.
Actually, I model, rig, texture, light, render, etc, anything. It's my degree. But I prefer animation.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

Impressive stuff, very impressive stuff. How's your audio?
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog