Something to entertain you, maybe, for about 40 seconds.

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Something to entertain you, maybe, for about 40 seconds.

Post by IskatuMesk »

I find some words pretty hard to follow when you talk fast. Otherwise, it's good. I've been experimenting myself. Autotune has its uses past turning myself into a cyber pimp.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

... So, what's all this, then, you ask?

Well, let me tell you. I'm working on a mini campaign called "Repeated Darkness" which revolves around Vail Sterling - my only contribution (albeit it a minor one) to this community.

Vail Sterling, for those who haven't played Dark Swarm, is an infested Ghost who was charged with finding Xel'Naga treasures on a terran world shortly before Starcraft. He ultimately failed because he arrogantly decided to "access" the awesome powers of the treasure himself instead of letting the Overmind handle it, and caused the terran world to explode. That's how cool my writing is.

It'll be accompanied by a piece of literature of the same title, which you'll see sooner than the campaign. :)

The mini campaign will feature 3 or 4 maps, fully-voiced briefings and in-game speech (as well as hero responses), original music and a fantastic storyline. It won't feature funky terrain or new units.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I'll be more ready to talk about my own project when I have a bit more to show then just voice samples. But let's just say I've decided to attempt taming an untameable beast.

Good luck, Legion.
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Thanks.

Yeah, I guess what I've had trouble with for years is the fact that I've been doing too much of the 'extra' stuff and too little actual work. By the time I got to triggering the maps and writing up the storylines, I'd gotten so bored with it, because it had been going on and on in my mind. The characters had been talking endlessly just so I could show you guys my voice samples. There was nothing for me to be excited about anymore. I knew _everything_ about the project even before it had taken any kind of shape.

I'm taking a different approach this time. I have a vague outline of the story- that is to say, I know where it's gonna start and where it's gonna go from there. I'm going to let Sterling take it from there.