Modding

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: Modding

Post by Lavarinth »

Mantidz wrote: (like 3 at CC alone)
And that's more than enough since it's through CC!
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Durandal-Thoth
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Durandal-Thoth »

DoA needs to just release it for 1.15, does he realize how many starcraft campaigns are in production! (like 3 at CC alone)
That's retarded. That's like saying he should spend hard and time-consuming work patching it for 1.15.1 just so that it can be replaced in a couple of weeks by 1.15.2 because the hack wasn't fixed yet. You can't just universally release it for a "1.15" as the memory locations are constantly changing with each patch. He could probably get the button and dat requirements working fairly fast, but the second 15.2 pops out he'd have to re-do them all over again,
Google is your FRIEND.
Grandma
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Terran SCV Lube Technician

Post by Grandma »

Durandal-Thoth wrote:
DoA needs to just release it for 1.15, does he realize how many starcraft campaigns are in production! (like 3 at CC alone)
That's retarded. That's like saying he should spend hard and time-consuming work patching it for 1.15.1 just so that it can be replaced in a couple of weeks by 1.15.2 because the hack wasn't fixed yet. You can't just universally release it for a "1.15" as the memory locations are constantly changing with each patch. He could probably get the button and dat requirements working fairly fast, but the second 15.2 pops out he'd have to re-do them all over again,
I think you missed the sarcasm.
Hello, mother leopard.
I have your cub.
You must protect her,
But that will be expensive...
10,000 kola nuts,
Wrapped in brown paper...
Midnight, behind the box
I'll be the hyena, you'll see.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Grandma wrote:
Durandal-Thoth wrote:
I think you missed the sarcasm.
Agreed.
- - Lavarinth
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Durandal-Thoth wrote:
Well I asked him to do a limit remover for 1.10 and he said he would if he ever came back from being retired. Well, he came back from being retired, then went against his word, so I don't really care what he does anymore.

Also, 1.15 is a waste of time to bother modding. It breaks things in the game. Just stick to what works.
Durandal-Thoth
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Durandal-Thoth »

My bad, I have trouble detecting sarcasm in forums ;)
Google is your FRIEND.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I urge you to stick to 1.10. HK is basically unplayable in 1.15 because iscript references have been broken (the random attack sequence on the elite spawns overlord sprites for some retarded reason) that work perfectly fine in 1.10. I can't guarantee ANYTHING working correctly at this rate.
Shadow Stalker
Terran Barracks Laundry Master

Post by Shadow Stalker »

ok so i need mass help. i am changing unit portraits and i did what Lavarinth told me to do and i think i might have screwed somethin up cause when i put the modified smk files in my mpq and i load the mod the units portrait is just all static.... any suggestions?
Durandal-Thoth
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Durandal-Thoth »

Wrong pallette/Not 256 colors?
Google is your FRIEND.
ShadowFlare
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig

Post by ShadowFlare »

Doctor Doack wrote: I urge you to stick to 1.10. HK is basically unplayable in 1.15 because iscript references have been broken (the random attack sequence on the elite spawns overlord sprites for some retarded reason) that work perfectly fine in 1.10. I can't guarantee ANYTHING working correctly at this rate.
Is flingy.dat, sprites.dat, or images.dat included in the mod mpq?  The references in those could potentially change, so it would be a good idea to include those from the version you are modifying, along with iscript.bin, if any of those 4 files are being modified.  Blizzard could rearrange the order of them at any time, if they wanted to.

Also, are you sure they didn't change before 1.15?
Don't point that camera at me!
Whiplash!
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Whiplash! »

Contrary to my joke, I actually talked to DoA and asked him to do a FG patch for 1.15.1. The good news is that theres virtually no code thats different between 1.15 and 1.15.1. The bad news is that he is only doing the button side (not exe edits) for 1.15.1 currently and theres a few things he needs to work around. God I love myself.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

ShadowFlare wrote:
Doctor Doack wrote: I urge you to stick to 1.10. HK is basically unplayable in 1.15 because iscript references have been broken (the random attack sequence on the elite spawns overlord sprites for some retarded reason) that work perfectly fine in 1.10. I can't guarantee ANYTHING working correctly at this rate.
Is flingy.dat, sprites.dat, or images.dat included in the mod mpq?  The references in those could potentially change, so it would be a good idea to include those from the version you are modifying, along with iscript.bin, if any of those 4 files are being modified.  Blizzard could rearrange the order of them at any time, if they wanted to.

Also, are you sure they didn't change before 1.15?
I tested HK on previous versions. It has all of those .dat files to my knowledge, unless you are referring to hardcoded references in which I would need to re-extract those files and redo my modifications (which would take forever and really isn't worth it).

... Why would they rearrange their orders?
Shadow Stalker

Post by Shadow Stalker »

ok i really need help with this one i dont ever know where to begin........custom portraits like in LOTC how do you do that? i know how to change colors and stuff but how do you make a whole new animated portrait.....any help would be pretty much fabulous
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

You model it, rig it, UV wrap it, texture it, light it, and of course animate it. Give or take for each model.. A month or so. For more help, begin here: http://www.autodesk.com

.. Seriously, Shadow Stalker, it's a new 3D animation, it was made from scratch. Basically meaning, if you want something of GREAT quality, you have to go to school for it and have an extreme passion for it. And it just happens to be what my BS degree is.
- - Lavarinth
Shadow Stalker

Post by Shadow Stalker »

got it