Help "unproctecting" .SCM/.SCX files

Durandal-Thoth
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Re: Help "unproctecting" .SCM/.SCX files

Post by Durandal-Thoth »

Hmm... Do you have an AIM? My friend has a program that may be what you're looking for.

I'd like to know what exactly you're using it for before I hand it over, though. The next thing I need is to log on one day and see a hundred more versions of raccoon city with secrets because it's been unprotected.
Google is your FRIEND.
Duke of Awesome
Terran Academy Dropout (Stim Pack scandal)

Post by Duke of Awesome »

Durandal-Thoth wrote:
Hmm... Do you have an AIM? My friend has a program that may be what you're looking for.

I'd like to know what exactly you're using it for before I hand it over, though. The next thing I need is to log on one day and see a hundred more versions of raccoon city with secrets because it's been unprotected.
Sorry, not a fan of a-o-hell.And my reason for the program, is as you said, benevolent.Or at least, that's what I'd like to think making maps single play compatible isn't evil, as far as I know.And if I am to edit it, I won't take credit for the whole thing.The most I'll do is add a unit somewhere that doesn't attack and make it say something like "Single player compatible by [username here]".Nothing extreme, just making some good maps like that single player.I do however understand if you are untrusting to give use of such a program to some internet stranger.
Last edited by Duke of Awesome on Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

You can use trillian instead of AIM. I haven't used the default clients of msn/aim for years upon years.
UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by UntamedLoli »

Blizzard simply needs to make it so maps can't be used in the game if the editor can't open it.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Pretty much. I think they could probably do it with some kind of crc check or something, since I believe most protectors work by damaging a part of the mpq file so the editor can't read it but the game can.
Duke of Awesome

So....Any links to anything along the lines of an SC Unprotect?(that isn't zerogamers because you have to go through spam to get it)
Duke of Awesome

Oy..Had to wipe my hard drive..Now I have to ask for this as well..Would anyone mind sending me the Raccoon City map, please?