[New Campaign] StarCraft: Chronicles

Fighter84

[New Campaign] StarCraft: Chronicles

Post by Fighter84 »

I love Campaign Creations, and I like the fact that they agree to host high-quality campaigns, so I am taking the time to make a campaign I call StarCraft: Chronicles. NOTE: I do understand there was a contest for a campaign for the "4 years" between StarCraft and StarCraft II. This is totally unrelated. My campaign is about the 4 year gap between StarCraft: BroodWar and StarCraft II. You will get to play as all of the factions as you see from the perspective of new commanders for each race. You will get to see many incredible events, such as Raynor's rebellion against the Terran Dominion, to the never-ending war between the Protoss and the Zerg Swarm. I hope you all enjoy my campaign when it is finished.

STATUS - Coming Soon
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: [New Campaign] StarCraft: Chronicles

Post by Maglok »

Aight, good luck dude. :)
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
Fighter84

Post by Fighter84 »

Thanks, by the way Campaign Creations, I do understand you need to review my campaign before officially hosting it, and you said to get people to know about it was to post a topic, so that's what this is, of course I will send it to you for review when it's done.
thebrowncloud
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Post by thebrowncloud »

Any story summary yet? Or you still working on writing it? Quite a few campaigns have been announced recently, but they've all kinda dwindled. I hope this one will be finished or at least active in production. I look forward to seeing what you can do, man! We need some new content here.  ;)
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
Whiplash!
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Whiplash! »

Worry about hosting when its finished, if you need help or suggestions though your in the right place. Just know that campaigns have to meet a certain standard of quality to be hosted.

I highly recommend you post some content to stir up support for your campaign, rather then see a post about it and then never hear about it again :)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Fighter84

Post by Fighter84 »

I will certainly post, if I am allowed, some screenshots of missions. I don't want people to think I am announcing this and just working on it till it's done, I will let you guys know how I'm doing. I don't want to give out too much of the story, but I can fill you in at least some details about the Terran campaign.

Conversation between Arcturus Mengsk and Admiral Makarov Armani(You will see the admiral in the first mission of the Terran Campaign)

"Admiral Armani, what do you have to report to me this month?"

"My Emperor, I do have quite interesting information for you on a certain person that could prove to be a valuable asset."

"Very well, Admiral, what is this information you have for me?"

"A corporal first-class of the 386th Infantry Regiment has been promoted by his superior officer to Captain, I took this as an important issue to overview since it was so sudden. I talked to the officer myself, and asked him why he would have done such a thing. A corporal to captain is a fairly large leap, I know you would understand, my Emperor. He told me that this soldier had the intelligence of a supercomputer, that he passed all of his intellectual exams with flying colors. This seemed interesting, so I did a background check. This soldier has an IQ of 197, passed his physical and intellectual exams almost breaking the standards for Advanced Military Training. I ask, what would you have me do with this soldier? I have fought with him several times, and I know he would prove to be most valuable."

"This case is very similar to the now deceased Sarah Kerrigan. She matches almost exactly the attributes of this soldier. I will not waste this opportunity, Admiral, I want you to pull some strings and move this Captain to the 401st Space Regiment."

"The 401st? My Emperor, they are our most elite fighting forces, we don't even know if this soldier can handle that type of leadership."

"That is my final decision Admiral..."
Last edited by Fighter84 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Needs doodads imo.

And don't post in colored text, it's irritating and difficult to read, please.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

As Isk said, do not underestimate doodads. They flourish your maps. Always attempt to put in as many as possible in logical areas.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

Right over that cliff beneath where the bunker is looks like a good spot for one. Or at least somewhere along the water there.
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
Fighter84

Post by Fighter84 »

Thanks for the tips, by the way, I have decided to re-do the entire first mission, I came up with a new story last night, in my sleep. Those pictures are now outdated.

P.S. I will change the colored text.
Last edited by Fighter84 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fighter84

Post by Fighter84 »

I can now give you some info on the campaigns, but more juicy details are to come when you actually play it...

Terran: You, as you know, play as the Captain of the Terran Dominion's most elite fighting force, the 401st Interstellar(I changed it) Regiment. You fight alongside Amy Kerrigan(you can take guesses of who she is) as you prevent attacks by the Protoss, Raynor's Raiders, and the Zerg Swarm.

Zerg: You play as a new Cerebrate who has been born into the Swarm. You prove to Kerrigan that you are more valuble than the other Cerebrates, and she entrusts you with carrying out complex tasks that leads your faction closer to victory.

Protoss: You will play as a Zealot who has proven himself in battle, enough to extend the rank of Executor. As Zeratul and the remaining Dark Templar have vanished in search of the Kal' Taras artifacts, you must work with Artanis to establish a suitable defense for Shakuras, and rebuild to your former glory to defeat the Zerg Swarm and the foolish Terran Dominion.

PHOTOS:

These are your starting units for Act 1:
[imgwh 640x480]http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1442/s ... 213853.jpg[/imgwh]

This is when you meet Kerrigan:
[imgwh 640x480]http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/4453/s ... 213905.jpg[/imgwh]

This is when you encounter enemy soldiers:
[imgwh 640x480]http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/7863 ... 213948.jpg[/imgwh]

More enemies:
[imgwh 640x480]http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/2949 ... 214008.jpg[/imgwh]

And more enemies:
[imgwh 640x480]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/1885/s ... 214029.jpg[/imgwh]

If you got any questions, contact me at: www.adrianlopez.webs.com
Last edited by Fighter84 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whiplash!
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Whiplash! »

Your story is overly cheesy, but if you can release something that is legitimately entertaining at your age then more power to you.

*Try to avoid overused concepts/storylines/situations. The Cerebrate and Protoss one sounds very familiar while the terran one seems a bit more interesting. I personally would want to stay away from something like kerrigan's sister that just happens to be like her and a powerful ghost and go into a more unique and new character but in the end it is up to you.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Fighter84

Post by Fighter84 »

I am working on a new storyline for the Protoss and Zerg, although it is difficult. For the Zerg, they aren't many figureheads for commanders, besides a Cerebrate or a field commander like Kerrigan, I got nothing. I can defiantly change the Protoss storyline to be more "unique", so don't expect any of this to be final by a long shot, this is just a rough draft.

BTW: You will discover Amy Kerrigan to be much more "ambitious" than Sarah Kerrigan. As far as she knows, Sarah Kerrigan is dead. More will be revealed, and very soon, Amy will descend on a path of self-righteousness and betrayal to find out what really happened to her sister. What makes her ambitious is what she does to find out the truth, she does things that truly make you question of who's side she's really on...
Last edited by Fighter84 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dreamerhorwitz
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Terran SCV Lube Technician

Post by dreamerhorwitz »

This looks like it could be a very good campaign. I know it's WAY to early judge on the story, but from what I have read so far, it's pretty good! Can't wait to see the finished product. Have fun making it, amigo!
The evil swears are no match for a greater vocab!