Riot Of Star : T.E.R. Development Post

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: [ROS3, Project T.E.R.] Insurgent Spiderlord & New Field Devastator

Post by IskatuMesk »

Okay. Well, if you have existing effects, I can easily explain how to apply the transparent palette onto them. You require paint shop pro, however.

AI editing is trivial and very easy to learn. There's an entire forum dedicated to it, although it's in English.

www.broodwarai.com[url=http://]http://[/url]
dlatjdgus92
Terran Settler (Unemployed)
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Post by dlatjdgus92 »

Wow,good. 'ㅅ'
It's funny.
Archangel
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Post by Archangel »

Mesk, what about purchasing the right to use your graphics in this mod as a limited license? Would you be kosher with that?
[color=#ff9227]- Archangel
Best Damn Voice Actor There Ever Was[/color]
bajadulce
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant

Post by bajadulce »

lol..  Now you're really asking for trouble.  Unless you're specifically referring to graphics that Mesk and SgtHK 100% made on their own, then you're really stepping over the bounds to the games these were ripped from.  You are also putting Mesk at risk by just mentioning such a thing.  Any more rhetoric like this and we'll surely see action from Blizzard or whatever other games are involved.

You need to resolve this issue fast and then get on with your mod.  This whole topic has been about "someone elses" graphics.  Is that what you want ppl to see when they read your topic?  Get over it.  Fix the issues, and then move on.  You're wasting valuable time.
Archangel

Post by Archangel »

bajadulce wrote: lol..  Now you're really asking for trouble.  Unless you're specifically referring to graphics that Mesk and SgtHK 100% made on their own, then you're really stepping over the bounds to the games these were ripped from.  You are also putting Mesk at risk by just mentioning such a thing.  Any more rhetoric like this and we'll surely see action from Blizzard or whatever other games are involved.
You guys are getting increasingly unnecessarily jumpy about this issue. Of course I was speaking solely about the animations Mesk made, himself. And I'm well aware of the legalities of copywrite. I was refering to original animation. Blizzard has no claim or hold on original animation. At all.

And Blizzard's not going to jump on a post about commissioning graphic artists for graphic art. Ever. It's not worth their time.

If Mesk isn't kosher on the idea, then we're back to square one. No blood no foul. Let's simmer down on the hysteria rhetoric, though. It's not doing anyone any good.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Archangel wrote: Mesk, what about purchasing the right to use your graphics in this mod as a limited license? Would you be kosher with that?
No. I operate under the ethic that anything I have made cannot be used by anyone else unless they have done something considerable for my work in return. Money is useless to me. I wouldn't ever get involved monetarily with modding, anyway; that's not what modding is about.
Archangel

Post by Archangel »

Well I mean no offense. Just trying to find a middle ground here.

Clearly this guy's trying to make a good mod and he's put a lot of work into it. Clearly the person who knew what they were doing, did the wrong thing, is now completely unavailable and this guy here would love to make it right. He's asking you questions and you're answering them. The way I see it, the fastest solution would be to just cut you a check on the principle of ownership alone. He doesn't have to backtrack and cover the same ground twice, and you get to rest well at night knowing you're such a badass that not only is your work being used by people in Korea, you're getting paid for it. I'd kill for that kind of appreciation, but hey - that's me.

But since your code of conduct is restrictive to only helping people who directly help you, maybe there's some middle ground there? Maybe a Godfather "sooner or later, a favor will be due" could help.

I'm just trying to see where people can come together.

Or did I get this wrong and coming together and helping each other out isn't what makes us a cut above the rest and completely awesome?
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I don't mod anymore so such an opportunity would not arise.

Unfortunately, this is not up for negotiation. I already released a ton of my graphics content from the past, but my effects are one of the special things I'd rather not see used by anyone else.
Archangel

Post by Archangel »

It's cute when you act all corporatey. "Not up for negotiation." Almost makes you sound like an adult!  :P

ok, sorry Dream, I tried.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Here comes the personal attacks. The irony.
UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by UntamedLoli »

IskatuMesk wrote:I operate under the ethic that anything I have made cannot be used by anyone else unless they have done something considerable for my work in return.
IskatuMesk wrote: I don't mod anymore so such an opportunity would not arise.

Unfortunately, this is not up for negotiation
Reading posts is a rarity around here, theres nothing "corporatey" about it and just you being stupid.
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

Hunter_Killers wrote:Reading posts is a rarity around here, theres nothing "corporatey" about it and just you being stupid.
Good show, sir. +pie
thebrowncloud
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Post by thebrowncloud »

The way I see it, this game isn't going to be around for very much longer because SC2 is gonna take over. This might very well be one of the last times you get to show anyone else your content for SC. You can do whatever you want to do and I admire that you take such pride in your animations, but I thought it would be cool to see them get one last "hurrah" in a new, creative mod. Your choice, though. I'm not trying to make you do anything.  :-\
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
Archangel

Post by Archangel »

IskatuMesk wrote: Here comes the personal attacks. The irony.
Oh please. Even if that were the case, that would be the softest core of soft core personal attacks. Get some skin. And a dictionary because you clearly have no idea what "irony means."

thebrowncloud wrote: The way I see it, this game isn't going to be around for very much longer because SC2 is gonna take over. This might very well be one of the last times you get to show anyone else your content for SC. You can do whatever you want to do and I admire that you take such pride in your animations, but I thought it would be cool to see them get one last "hurrah" in a new, creative mod. Your choice, though. I'm not trying to make you do anything.  :-\
Seriously. I guess I'd pinned several people wrong here. Uppity, defensive and utterly humorous. How awesome.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

The only humorous one here is you.

I mean, seriously. Do you have any idea of the kind of a logistical nightmare your suggestion would entail? The guy is a student, he probably can't even afford to pay me. On top of that, his knowledge of English isn't exactly that great, which is why he had another guy show up. On top of that, even I did go for such a silly plan, I'd have to then forward payments to WG and SgtHK, which I can't even do because Paypal has locked down my account. On top of that, the CAD conversion rate sucks balls.

I mean, you don't have to resort to petty, veiled troll attempts just because I won't fly with your plan and you find me unreasonable.

browncloud> I didn't make these effects for personal glory. I made them to compliment my work. That is where they will stay. Please let it rest already.
Last edited by IskatuMesk on Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.