seige tank mod help please

kinetik silence
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

seige tank mod help please

Post by kinetik silence »

i am trying to get the seige tank to fire missiles like the goliath at air units in tank mode. every time i go to attack an air unit with the seige tank i hear the missiles being fired but then the game crashes. i have no idea what i need to do to make this work. i am using programs arsenal 3,winmpq, and ice. any help on how to do this or even a link to where i can get this working would be awesome. thanx
Gemini
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: seige tank mod help please

Post by Gemini »

The problem is that the tank unit itself doesn't fire, the tank TURRET fires, so you need to give the attack to the turret unit. Also, I'm not sure that the turret has an air attack entry in iscript.bin so if it still crashes after you give the attack to the turret, look up an iscript.bin tutorial. I know IskatuMesk has one somewhere.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I posted it on SA but asked them to remove it. I also had it on the old CC but since those forums were so brilliantly shot down I don't think it exists anymore. If it does, maybe lav could restore it? Wink wink.
kinetik silence

well i cant seem to find anything on this particular modification. maybe if sombody could point me in the right direction on how to give units abilities they dont have normaly. like giving spider mines the ability roam freely just like the protoss obsever, or instead of the terran vultures laying mines they could have a cloak button in place of the mine button. i cant seem to find any tutorials on how to use ice ICE, i have been playing around with arsenal 3 mostly.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Most of that stuff is hardcoded, although the spider mines you can try messing with their AI states in arsenal. I also recommend using datedit instead of arsenal 3, since arsenal 3 corrupts shit.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

I wish ANYTHING could be restored from the old forum, but literally, everything was lost thanks to Recon. And they never.. Ever responded to any of our pleas.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
kinetik silence

ok i got the spider mine mod to work by replacing the vulture with a spider mine. also giving it no attack abilities and is permenatly cloaked. so it is much like the protoss observer. besides, who uses vultures anyway.

But back to the original post, i still am baffled on giving seige tanks a second weapon to attack air units. I found another program called tblpad, i have no idea what this program does but could this help me on this particular mod?
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Nope. Tbl files are just strings.